Colorado governor: Legalizing pot was bad idea

Maybe one in four cases of psychosis linked to pot has something to do with his opinion.

Strong cannabis causes one in four cases of psychosis Daily Mail Online

Maybe 10 in 10 cases of public riots having to do with alcohol is why we should re-ban alcohol? Never heard about a riot or other mass disorder by potheads. :) Alcohol increases aggression, and reduces inhibitions. Cannabis does not.
The notion of a stoner riot is a hoot..

. Legalizing pot was as intelligent as prohibition.

What an odd claim.

Prohibition- the banning of one drug- was a huge failure- that killed more people than it 'saved', created and enriched organized crime and criminalized the act of taking a drug.

And yes- I am speaking of both alcohol and pot prohibitions.

Can you tell me how many lives have been saved by making pot illegal?

Using your speed limit analogy- we could actually predict how many more driving deaths would occur if we increased the speed limit.

So how many deaths are prevented by prohibition?

You know what sucks? Making pot legal was a bad decision. Before if you got caught with it in your car you got a ticket for having pot. No biggy. A misdemeanor. Now that pots legal, the conservative assholes want to make it like alcohol. And we all know how even a little bit to drink and then drive is just as bad as being wasted and driving. So fine pot is legal now. But now if you get caught with it in your car you can get the equivalent to a drunk driving. That's not good. Not good at all.

Tokin' and drivin', Hell that is what vacation is about.

I flew up to CO, bought a plethora of pot, rented a Yukon and put 2,200 miles on it in Colorado, never leaving the state and never getting pulled over.

Maybe one in four cases of psychosis linked to pot has something to do with his opinion.

Maybe 10 in 10 cases of public riots having to do with alcohol is why we should re-ban alcohol? Never heard about a riot or other mass disorder by potheads. :) Alcohol increases aggression, and reduces inhibitions. Cannabis does not.
It is an oxymoron, like marijuana initiative.

It is an oxymoron, like marijuana initiative.
...thoughtful prohibition....

Colorado’s decision to legalize marijuana was a bad idea, the state’s governor said Friday. And i think it was obvious that legalizing drugs will be just another "headache"!
Colorado governor Legalizing pot was bad idea
It's very good that some people is still against and have some common sense.
Foolish researches about healthsome pot smoking and other drug usage is lie and it's time to understand that ALL drugs are bad without any exceptions!

Then why don't we make alcohol, tobacco and caffeine illegal as well?

The cost-benefit ratio for the cost of enforcing a pot ban vs. the damage pot uses causes simply isn't there as compared to drugs like heroin and meth.

Marty...he's trolling.

I have a strong feeling the original poster put this up here just go get us worked up. I've seen very little replies from him/her. I think they are laughing at us.

Fuck em. They're obviously not needed for us to have a discussion.

First of all, the CO governor is a fucking idiot if he said what he said. What harm has come from it so far? All I've seen so far is that its going well and no one is dying. The sky is not falling!
He isn't bitching about the tax revenue.

when i was a kid 30+ years ago

smoked weed when it was cool and not so popular

havent smoked it since but then again i dont drink much either
Good for you old man. What's that got to do with me? I guess you get a vote too. Just don't be a dick and try to take the right away from us because you don't like it. We will outlaw donuts coffee and hobos on your fat ass. Lol. Remember what free means.
So you don't believe a society should be able to regulate intoxicants. That's cute but really stupid.
Regulate yes. Outlaw pot no. Unless you want to get them on tax evasion then go for it.
Legalize growing at home.

End of problem.

Wrong. Cities and counties should have the right to set zoning laws, and the State should have the right to license growers and inspect the product.

Can I be an inspector?

Logic like that above got reefer passed to legal. I agree to decriminalize it in quantities of a few ounces or less but what has been done will back fire and bring in more and more gangsters. So what if it can cure every disease known to man? Then make it legal for medical applications instead of the present status. Let's give this a year or two more and then take a hard look at the states legalizing it. Getting "stoned" is trash no matter how one does it and no one can tell me the reason reefer is legal is for the heart felt concern for the ill and sick instead of stoners celebrating victor y in the name of getting blitzed legally. Hell, just look at the packaging and names of the pot, that says it all.

If you dont feel the same about alcohol you're a hypocrite.

Alcohol is ingrained into our society and always has been.

Logic like that above got reefer passed to legal. I agree to decriminalize it in quantities of a few ounces or less but what has been done will back fire and bring in more and more gangsters. So what if it can cure every disease known to man? Then make it legal for medical applications instead of the present status. Let's give this a year or two more and then take a hard look at the states legalizing it. Getting "stoned" is trash no matter how one does it and no one can tell me the reason reefer is legal is for the heart felt concern for the ill and sick instead of stoners celebrating victor y in the name of getting blitzed legally. Hell, just look at the packaging and names of the pot, that says it all.

Aaaaand?

So was the Cannabis plant.

d92jnrgtket3dlacfujp.jpg

Pot Could Save Your Life: 4 Ways Cannabis is Good for Your Brain
Dana Larsen / AlterNet
# 4 – Cannabis promotes new brain cell growth

Government scare campaigns often claim that cannabis kills brain cells, but now we are learning the truth. Those discredited studies were done in the 70s, by strapping a gas mask onto a monkey and pumping in hundreds of joints worth of smoke. The monkeys suffered from lack of oxygen, and that’s why their brain cells died.

Modern research is now proving the opposite. The active ingredients in cannabis spur the growth of new brain cells!

Back in 2005, Dr. Xia Zhang at the University of Saskatchewan showed that cannabinoids cause “neurogenesis” – which means that they help make new brain cells grow!

“Most ‘drugs of abuse’ suppress neurogenesis,” said Dr. Zhang. “Only marijuana promotes neurogenesis.”

Dana Larsen / AlterNet
#3 – Cannabis prevents Alzheimer’s

About 5 millions Americans suffer from Alzheimer’s. but there’s hope in sight. Modern research shows that using cannabis helps prevent the incidence of Alzheimer’s and dementia by cleaning away beta-amyloid “brain plaque.”

A 2014 study into cannabis and Alzheimer’s was lead by Dr. Chuanhai Cao, PhD, a neuroscientist at the Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute.

“THC is known to be a potent antioxidant with neuroprotective properties,” said Cao, explaining that THC “directly affects Alzheimer’s pathology by decreasing amyloid beta levels, inhibiting its aggregation, and enhancing mitochondrial function.”

This confirmed earlier studies, such as one from 2008 which found that THC “simultaneously treated both the symptoms and progression of Alzheimer’s disease.” This study concluded that, “compared to currently approved drugs prescribed for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, THC is considerably superior.”

These studies used very low levels of THC to find these results – the levels you might find in a moderate cannabis user. So where’s the headlines saying “Smoking Cannabis Prevents Alzheimer’s”?

Dana Larsen / AlterNet
#2 – Cannabis prevents brain damage after strokes and trauma

Several recent studies have found that cannabinoids protect the brain from permanent damage after trauma or stroke.

Studies done in 2012 and 2013 found that a low dose of THC protected mice’s brains from damage by carbon monoxide and head trauma.

Researchers found that THC “protected brain cells and preserved cognitive function over time” and suggested that it could be used preventively, for ongoing protection.

A 2014 study found that people with low amounts of THC in their system were about 80% less likely to die from serious head injuries than those without.

This last study is actually quite remarkable and should have been headline news. Researchers analyzed blood samples from hundreds of people who had suffered head injuries, and found that people with small amounts of cannabinoids in their bloodstream were 80% less likely to be killed from head trauma.

This means that in a group of occasional pot smokers and a group of abstainers who suffer similar brain injuries, the pot smokers will have only 2 deaths for every 10 suffered by the abstainers!

Forum List

Back