Colorado governor: Legalizing pot was bad idea

Pot Could Save Your Life: 4 Ways Cannabis is Good for Your Brain
Dana Larsen / AlterNet
#1 – Cannabis extracts treat brain cancer

One exciting use of cannabinoids is in the treatment of cancer. Repeated laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids kill cancer cells and shrink tumours, while helping to protect normal cells.

Recent research includes a 2012 study showing that CBD stopped metastasis in aggressive forms of cancer, a2013 study showing that a blend of six cannabinoids killed leukemia cell, and a 2014 study showing that THC and CBD could be combined with traditional chemotherapy to produce “dramatic reductions” in brain tumour size.

Using cannabis extracts for brain cancer is nothing new. A 1998 study found that THC “induces apoptosis [cell death] in C6 glioma cells” – an aggressive form of brain cancer. A 2009 study showed that THC triggered brain cell death, and acted “to kill cancer cells, while it does not affect normal cells.”

What was a bad idea ...in fact it was the Mother of All Bad ideas was criminalizing Marijuana in the first place....
All potheads feel that way.
All Big Nanny Government lovers want the Government to make adult choices for one .....you are in need of Nanny....I ain't ...

Fer sure dude !

yeah for sure

drunk-guy-passed-out.jpg

Logic like that above got reefer passed to legal. I agree to decriminalize it in quantities of a few ounces or less but what has been done will back fire and bring in more and more gangsters. So what if it can cure every disease known to man? Then make it legal for medical applications instead of the present status. Let's give this a year or two more and then take a hard look at the states legalizing it. Getting "stoned" is trash no matter how one does it and no one can tell me the reason reefer is legal is for the heart felt concern for the ill and sick instead of stoners celebrating victor y in the name of getting blitzed legally. Hell, just look at the packaging and names of the pot, that says it all.

If you dont feel the same about alcohol you're a hypocrite.

Alcohol is ingrained into our society and always has been.

So was the Cannabis plant.

Not like alcohol has been historically.

Marijuana Timeline Busted - America s War On Marijuana FRONTLINE PBS

1600-1890s

Domestic production of hemp encouraged

American production of hemp was encouraged by the government in the 17th century for the production of rope, sails, and clothing. (Marijuana is the mixture of dried, shredded flowers and leaves that comes from the hemp plant.)

In 1619 the Virginia Assembly passed legislation requiring every farmer to grow hemp. Hemp was allowed to be exchanged as legal tender in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland.

Domestic production flourished until after the Civil War, when imports and other domestic materials replaced hemp for many purposes. In the late nineteenth century, marijuana became a popular ingredient in many medicinal products and was sold openly in public pharmacies.

During the 19th century, hashish use became a fad in France and also, to some extent, in the U.S.

Marijuana Timeline Busted - America s War On Marijuana FRONTLINE PBS

1600-1890s

Domestic production of hemp encouraged

American production of hemp was encouraged by the government in the 17th century for the production of rope, sails, and clothing. (Marijuana is the mixture of dried, shredded flowers and leaves that comes from the hemp plant.)

In 1619 the Virginia Assembly passed legislation requiring every farmer to grow hemp. Hemp was allowed to be exchanged as legal tender in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland.

Domestic production flourished until after the Civil War, when imports and other domestic materials replaced hemp for many purposes. In the late nineteenth century, marijuana became a popular ingredient in many medicinal products and was sold openly in public pharmacies.

During the 19th century, hashish use became a fad in France and also, to some extent, in the U.S.

A fad is just that, a fad, and by definition not like the pervasive use of alcohol throughout history. And how does hemp change that?

Historically? The human relationship with both go back to pre-historic times. Cannabis has been one of the most important crops we cultivated.

Important to those that like marijuana but not ingrained into society.

It was ingrained mostly due to the fiber(Hemp) but the use of the flowers as medicine goes back thousands of years.

Practical use of hemp is not mind-altering, and medicinal use cannot be compared to man's tendency to get drunk.

Last edited:
What was a bad idea ...in fact it was the Mother of All Bad ideas was criminalizing Marijuana in the first place....
All Big Nanny Government lovers want the Government to make adult choices for one .....you are in need of Nanny....I ain't ...

Fer sure dude !

yeah for sure

drunk-guy-passed-out.jpg

I don't drink either.

Surprise, surprise, DD supports fascist policies.

I would prefer people simply do the responsible thing and not use drugs or alcohol. Unfortunately we have a sizable percentage of the population that need to live in a fog or an alternative to reality.

Historically? The human relationship with both go back to pre-historic times. Cannabis has been one of the most important crops we cultivated.

Important to those that like marijuana but not ingrained into society.

It was ingrained mostly due to the fiber(Hemp) but the use of the flowers as medicine goes back thousands of years.

Practical use of hemp is not mind-altering, and medicinal use cannot be compared to man's tendency to get drunk.

People have been using it to get high for thousands of years.

I would prefer people simply do the responsible thing and not use drugs or alcohol. Unfortunately we have a sizable percentage of the population that need to live in a fog or an alternative to reality.

Just because I like my cola, coffee, beer, wine, occasions glass of whiskey, some tasty hash, maybe a line or two, a big fat cigar, Vitamin A, doesn't mean I live in a fog. LOL.

Just because I like my cola, coffee, beer, wine, occasions glass of whiskey, some tasty hash, maybe a line or two, a big fat cigar, Vitamin A, doesn't mean I live in a fog. LOL.
I can't see for all the nonsense and fear mongering over hemp.

People smoke poison into their lungs with cigarettes, and overdose on alcohol.

Some more people that cultivated hemp:
List of United States politicians who admit to cannabis use - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You do coke too ? Geeze dude.

There was 'coke' in Coke too, every time you drink it - you are supporting a company that in the past advertised cocaine as a boon.

There was 'coke' in Coke too, every time you drink it - you are supporting a company that in the past advertised cocaine as a boon.
That was a long time ago.

That was a long time ago.
So? It was still 'drug possession and use', but guess draconian drug laws only apply to people who aren't corporations.

Forum List

Back