🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Colorado Springs female cops demand lower physical standards for women.

[
It's a tough call. In the military, standards are not only different for women but they change as soldiers age, becoming easier starting at the age of 22 in the Army. It's an attempt to make standards that accommodate differences in gender.

HAHAHA. The new lib euphemism for special treatment for women is "accommodate differences in gender".

It's NOT a tough call. Standards should be the same for both sexes.

Those standards are pathetic for "men" as well as women. A first grade P.E. class wouldn't even find those standards challenging.

[
It's a tough call. In the military, standards are not only different for women but they change as soldiers age, becoming easier starting at the age of 22 in the Army. It's an attempt to make standards that accommodate differences in gender.

HAHAHA. The new lib euphemism for special treatment for women is "accommodate differences in gender".

Good. Then we lower the standards for men because that's the only way to avoid breaking laws against discrimination.

I'm so glad you agree!

Of course, they want lower standards as they're A LOT weaker then men. Somehow, we have to make men do more to earn the same thing so we can say how fair we're! LOL

Yup - liberals want different standards so every group has equal chance of passing!!!
We want different standards where different standards make sense. Just because you're mad that they have a tampon machine in their bathroom and you don't doesn't mean we give a good goddamn.
It's a tough call. In the military, standards are not only different for women but they change as soldiers age, becoming easier starting at the age of 22 in the Army. It's an attempt to make standards that accommodate differences in gender. For instance, women don't have to do as many pushups as men and they get more time on the 2 mile run, but their situps are roughly the same. Women don't have as much upper body strength, but they are equal in abdominal stamina.

Your right that it's about fairness, and in all fairness I have to say this isn't a big deal. Female cops are usually working together with men to accomplish joint tasks and I imagine that instances where a woman's lesser physical strength proved a serious liability are exceptionally rare. I don't think they're being unreasonable.

No its not unreasonable to have slightly lower standards for women. And its not unreasonable to say women cant do certain jobs. Like being a door breacher on a SWAT team. Those guys need NFL player builds.

Any woman who can meet the standards should be able to get that job. I suspect my wife would be able to meet the men's standards for SWAT. (As long as she can shoot a rifle that is not an AR15.)

But my goodness....the standard was 10 pushups in a minute and 10 situps in a minute. I mean....cops WILL have to fight people. And they carry guns which can be taken from them.

Yeah, those standards are pretty low.

Of course, they want lower standards as they're A LOT weaker then men. Somehow, we have to make men do more to earn the same thing so we can say how fair we're! LOL

Yup - liberals want different standards so every group has equal chance of passing!!!
We want different standards where different standards make sense. Just because you're mad that they have a tampon machine in their bathroom and you don't doesn't mean we give a good goddamn.

Does it make sense to lower standards for cops?? If anything they need to be raised. Cops need to be strong and able to fight. Otherwise they get killed....or....they PANIC and shoot someone who doesnt have to be shot. Why? Because they dont have the confidence that comes with being STRONG and able to FIGHT.

You liberals want cops who are smaller and weaker....but then want them to use weapons less often in a fight.

Its so retarded its honestly hard to explain. Its like explaining why you shouldnt try to let a lion. Its so obvious.
I want cops, of all sizes and capacities, all races and religions, who know that they are serving the community, by walking around and getting to know people, by living there, by keeping an eye on things but not treating the citizens who pay their salaries as either criminals or enemies. For that you don't need to look like a movie hero, or act like one.

Do you live here?

It's a tough call. In the military, standards are not only different for women but they change as soldiers age, becoming easier starting at the age of 22 in the Army. It's an attempt to make standards that accommodate differences in gender. For instance, women don't have to do as many pushups as men and they get more time on the 2 mile run, but their situps are roughly the same. Women don't have as much upper body strength, but they are equal in abdominal stamina.

Your right that it's about fairness, and in all fairness I have to say this isn't a big deal. Female cops are usually working together with men to accomplish joint tasks and I imagine that instances where a woman's lesser physical strength proved a serious liability are exceptionally rare. I don't think they're being unreasonable.

No its not unreasonable to have slightly lower standards for women. And its not unreasonable to say women cant do certain jobs. Like being a door breacher on a SWAT team. Those guys need NFL player builds.

Any woman who can meet the standards should be able to get that job. I suspect my wife would be able to meet the men's standards for SWAT. (As long as she can shoot a rifle that is not an AR15.)

But my goodness....the standard was 10 pushups in a minute and 10 situps in a minute. I mean....cops WILL have to fight people. And they carry guns which can be taken from them.

Depends on the SWAT team. Larger the department the harder the standard. Think she is strong enough to break down a 3-4 inch thick front door? Think she could carry a 50 pound ballistic shield with 35 pounds of gear...for a 10 hour or more barricaded hostage callout?

Our departments was 3 mile run in 21:30. Had to bench press your body weight + 25% (250 for a 200 pound man). Do 5 dead hang pullups. And pass the standard shooting course...but instead of a silhouette target they stapled a standard paper plate to it. 75 rounds. You could have 7 miss the plate. 8 fails.

Im sure she could do it.

[

Not only that, but they must be the same as in a major war the weakest link will lose us battles.

I don't think it's worth being pc to lose a major future war to china.

[

Not only that, but they must be the same as in a major war the weakest link will lose us battles.

The Israelis have a kick ass military and they use women in it, in the most elite units. Women aren't nearly the liability many people think they are, especially the type of women we're talking about here.

[

The Israelis have a kick ass military and they use women in it, in the most elite units. Women aren't nearly the liability many people think they are, especially the type of women we're talking about here.

Israeli women are badasses too. They train Krav Maga very intensely and are born into a hard culture.

Im 100% in favor of allowing women into any military or police job.

BUT...the standards MUST meet the demands of the job.

Being an Air Force dentist vs being a SEAL or infantry soldier are worlds apart. Being a white collar crimes detective vs being a SWAT member or gang unit cop are vastly different.

So....the entry standards have to meet what the job requirements are for them.

If they're so good why do they demand special treatment.? THINK

Physical standards that accommodate their gender is not special treatment. The military does that too. Men and women are built differently and having a standard that's easy for men to meet but difficult for women is just a way to try to keep women out of the police force. And sometimes I wonder if that isn't exactly what you people want.

Depends on the SWAT team. Larger the department the harder the standard. Think she is strong enough to break down a 3-4 inch thick front door? Think she could carry a 50 pound ballistic shield with 35 pounds of gear...for a 10 hour or more barricaded hostage callout?

Probably. Breaking down a door is less about size and more about technique. I know she could handle a battering ram.

Our departments was 3 mile run in 21:30.

Easily.

Had to bench press your body weight + 25% (250 for a 200 pound man).

That would be the only thing she had any trouble with, though she could probably do it...might need to adjust her workouts a bit.

Do 5 dead hang pullups.

Has been doing 6-8 a day for 20 years--not a problem.

And pass the standard shooting course...but instead of a silhouette target they stapled a standard paper plate to it. 75 rounds. You could have 7 miss the plate. 8 fails.

What distance, and rifle or pistol?

Probably. Breaking down a door is less about size and more about technique. I know she could handle a battering ram.

Our departments was 3 mile run in 21:30.

Easily.

Had to bench press your body weight + 25% (250 for a 200 pound man).

That would be the only thing she had any trouble with, though she could probably do it...might need to adjust her workouts a bit.

Do 5 dead hang pullups.

Has been doing 6-8 a day for 20 years--not a problem.

And pass the standard shooting course...but instead of a silhouette target they stapled a standard paper plate to it. 75 rounds. You could have 7 miss the plate. 8 fails.

What distance, and rifle or pistol?

No need to go further than the door breaking part. Its absolutely about size and strength. The only technique is hitting above the lock.

Other than that...its simple mass + speed.

Physical standards that accommodate their gender is not special treatment. The military does that too. Men and women are built differently and having a standard that's easy for men to meet but difficult for women is just a way to try to keep women out of the police force. And sometimes I wonder if that isn't exactly what you people want.

No its not. Its to ensure that if they get attacked by a thug they are fit enough to survive. Or...if your family is victim of home invasion the cops responding are fit to fight.

Like it or not...SOME jobs simply require strengh and stamina. Its why the NFL has a combine for physical testing. If the NFL found a female who could block JJ Watt....they'd sign her instantly. But they havent. There just arent any women who are able to match his physical abilities.

No its not. Its to ensure that if they get attacked by a thug they are fit enough to survive. Or...if your family is victim of home invasion the cops responding are fit to fight.

Like it or not...SOME jobs simply require strengh and stamina. Its why the NFL has a combine for physical testing. If the NFL found a female who could block JJ Watt....they'd sign her instantly. But they havent. There just arent any women who are able to match his physical abilities.

I'm a constitutional libertarian. I believe that private entities such as the NFL can practice whatever discrimination they want. Governments, however, including state and local governments cannot. The military matches PT test requirements to gender, so can police forces. Female cops working as part of a team have never proven a liability just because they have a little less upper body strength.

I'm a constitutional libertarian. I believe that private entities such as the NFL can practice whatever discrimination they want. Governments, however, including state and local governments cannot. The military matches PT test requirements to gender, so can police forces. Female cops working as part of a team have never proven a liability just because they have a little less upper body strength.

But should the Army or Marines lower standards to ensure no women fail? Im fine with allowing women in if they pass the standards. But some will fail. Should we lower them to the point everyone passes?

Some jobs have physical demands. Some...like police or military. ...have jobs where lives are on the line. Physical abilities make the difference. Its a disservice to the individual. ..and to the public they protect...to allow sub standard people into those jobs OR to lower those standards for social fairness. Its disturbing to think some dont see this.

I'm a constitutional libertarian. I believe that private entities such as the NFL can practice whatever discrimination they want. Governments, however, including state and local governments cannot. The military matches PT test requirements to gender, so can police forces. .

You just contradicted yourself, you brainless jackass.

Some jobs have physical demands. Some...like police or military. ...have jobs where lives are on the line. Physical abilities make the difference. Its a disservice to the individual. ..and to the public they protect...to allow sub standard people into those jobs OR to lower those standards for social fairness. Its disturbing to think some dont see this.

Everyone sees it but liberals don't care about fairness. They want women to get special treatment but would scream if men got any.

I'm a constitutional libertarian. I believe that private entities such as the NFL can practice whatever discrimination they want. Governments, however, including state and local governments cannot. The military matches PT test requirements to gender, so can police forces. .

You just contradicted yourself, you brainless jackass.

No I didn't, skid mark.

No need to go further than the door breaking part. Its absolutely about size and strength. The only technique is hitting above the lock.

Other than that...its simple mass + speed.

No, it's not...it is about basic physics: speed of impact is more important than mass. Remember the formula for KE: half the mass, multiplied by velocity SQUARED. The number doors I have seen that she or I couldn't open with a single, hard kick is very small. (And most are commercial stuff.)

And at 5'8" and ~165lbs, she's no smaller than many male cops. (Though I'd say she's in better shape than 90+% of them.)

Forum List

Back