🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Colorado Springs female cops demand lower physical standards for women.

No need to go further than the door breaking part. Its absolutely about size and strength. The only technique is hitting above the lock.

Other than that...its simple mass + speed.

No, it's not...it is about basic physics: speed of impact is more important than mass. Remember the formula for KE: half the mass, multiplied by velocity SQUARED. The number doors I have seen that she or I couldn't open with a single, hard kick is very small. (And most are commercial stuff.)

And at 5'8" and ~165lbs, she's no smaller than many male cops. (Though I'd say she's in better shape than 90+% of them.)

You're wrong. Id bet you've never kicked a door in your life. If you had...you'd know how wrong you are. Its not like Law and Order on TV where they go up and kick a door down with one swift kick. Doors stick. They warp. Many new ones are built to withstand it due to mass shootings...especially in schools.

SWAT breachers are big strong linebacker looking men for a reason. Not only must they open the door...but they must do it FAST within 1-3 hits. Otherwise....the bad guy gets a huge head start to prep for them.

No offense to your wife. But very few if any legit SWAT teams would let her be a breacher. It IS about more than just speed. Its why Mark McGwire hit more HRs than Ozzie Smith. Its why Ray Lewis hit harder than Deion Sanders. Speed PLUS mass. Its why a .45 hits harder than a .22 caliber.

Couple times, actually. One took one kick, the other took two. I'm big (5'10", probably 230lbs at the time), but don't claim to be in anything like great shape. Both were hardwood doors (likely maple, in this area) with deadbolts. Due to technique, training, and leg muscles she has spent decades building, I suspect she kicks harder than I do.

Again: kinetic energy is half the mass multiplied by the velocity SQUARED. It's why a Kevlar vest will stop a big .45ACP hardball cold, but a little 22-250 goes through that vest like paper: velocity maters much more than mass...this is junior high school physics!

And pass the standard shooting course...but instead of a silhouette target they stapled a standard paper plate to it. 75 rounds. You could have 7 miss the plate. 8 fails.

What distance, and pistol or rifle?

Couple times, actually. One took one kick, the other took two. I'm big (5'10", probably 230lbs at the time), but don't claim to be in anything like great shape. Both were hardwood doors (likely maple, in this area) with deadbolts. Due to technique, training, and leg muscles she has spent decades building, I suspect she kicks harder than I do.

Again: kinetic energy is half the mass multiplied by the velocity SQUARED. It's why a Kevlar vest will stop a big .45ACP hardball cold, but a little 22-250 goes through that vest like paper: velocity maters much more than mass...this is junior high school physics!

Bullshit. You didnt break a s solid oak door with deadbolt with one kick...unless it was rotted. Or unlocked.

If your physics applied to this situation. ...then an NFL wide reciever would hit harder than an NFL linebacker. But....they dont.

The mass is the battering ram. Mass is even. Speed is how hard you swing it. The bigger the person and stronger...the harder they swing. AGAIN....its why Barry Bonds and Mark McGwuire hit more HRs when they got BIGGER and stronger. Baseball players dont hit harder by getting smaller and weaker.

And pass the standard shooting course...but instead of a silhouette target they stapled a standard paper plate to it. 75 rounds. You could have 7 miss the plate. 8 fails.

What distance, and pistol or rifle?

Pistol. Progressive ranges from 5 yards up to 50 with PT drills in between each station. Over 20 it becomes about heart rate and breathing control. They teach you to shoot rifles once you make it.

Never said I "broke the door". You of all people should know there's no need to do that...the deadbolt striker ripped out of the frame. She has more than enough strength to be on a battering ram. I wouldn't expect her to be, just because I suspect she would be SHORTER than the other guy(s) on the ram. (I bet most are 6' or taller.)

And you really need to find a better analogy...because the dude that has a pretty good claim on being the best hitter ever was about half the size of Bonds! One of the hardest throwers in the last 30 years was a little dude that was barely 175lbs.

9 shots out of ten on a 9" circle would be no problem for her. (I would not expect her to miss a single shot until 30 yards.)

Never said I "broke the door". You of all people should know there's no need to do that...the deadbolt striker ripped out of the frame. She has more than enough strength to be on a battering ram. I wouldn't expect her to be, just because I suspect she would be SHORTER than the other guy(s) on the ram. (I bet most are 6' or taller.)

And you really need to find a better analogy...because the dude that has a pretty good claim on being the best hitter ever was about half the size of Bonds! One of the hardest throwers in the last 30 years was a little dude that was barely 175lbs.

9 shots out of ten on a 9" circle would be no problem for her. (I would not expect her to miss a single shot until 30 yards.)

You didnt kick a door once and do that unless it was a trailor door or a flimsy interior apartment door.

Yes...most breachers are 6'00 or taller because they're all big men. For a reason.

My analogy is perfect. Baseball players and breachers swing an object for power. Baseball players with big time power...Bonds. McGwire. Sosa. Big strong men. Small guys have good battIing average...but not big HR numbers.

Everyone thinks they'll have no problem hitting that 9" circle. Until they do the test...under stress...thats the key. And people usually fail mimiserably.

You didnt kick a door once and do that unless it was a trailor door or a flimsy interior apartment door.

Exterior door on a garage, looked to be the same as a typical modern house door. Again: the door is not the weak spot, it is the FRAME. Look at your front door: see how little there is holding the deadbolt plate in!

Yes...most breachers are 6'00 or taller because they're all big men. For a reason.

My analogy is perfect. Baseball players and breachers swing an object for power. Baseball players with big time power...Bonds. McGwire. Sosa. Big strong men. Small guys have good battIing average...but not big HR numbers.

You mean like Willie Mays, a "gigantic" 170lbs? Or the 180lb Henry Aaron? Just stop, you're humiliating yourself!

Everyone thinks they'll have no problem hitting that 9" circle. Until they do the test...under stress...thats the key. And people usually fail mimiserably.

She's done tactical training...unlike me, stress does not bother her.

Exterior door on a garage, looked to be the same as a typical modern house door. Again: the door is not the weak spot, it is the FRAME. Look at your front door: see how little there is holding the deadbolt plate in!

You mean like Willie Mays, a "gigantic" 170lbs? Or the 180lb Henry Aaron? Just stop, you're humiliating yourself!

She's done tactical training...unlike me, stress does not bother her.

No. Exterior side doors arent the same as thicker front doors. Modern construction solidifies the frame for storms and earthquakes.

Mays and Aaron...decades ago. Back then...180 was "big". Most NFL linemen were under 220 then too.

You make your wife sound like GI Jane. Somehow....its getting harder to believe you.

"Modern" construction? The doors in my old house (1850's) were MUCH stronger than anything built recently! My front door was a 7' high, 600+lb slab of New England maple! If fully secured (three bolts: top, bottom, and side)

My wife is a martial artist and fitness fanatic, and has been as long as she can remember.

"Modern" construction? The doors in my old house (1850's) were MUCH stronger than anything built recently! My front door was a 7' high, 600+lb slab of New England maple! If fully secured (three bolts: top, bottom, and side)

My wife is a martial artist and fitness fanatic, and has been as long as she can remember.

Yes. Many buildings have doors that are built for strength. Modern schools for example...made so when its locked...a nut with a gun isnt entering. Problem is...when hes already in there and the police breacher has to get in. Problem.

Thats great for her. I do jiujitsu and have for 10 years. Its wonderful. But nothing about it qualifies me to be a SWAT cop. Apples and oranges.

Are you actually comparing COMMERCIAL construction with a modern HOUSE? Fucking SERIOUSLY?! (You know--commercial buildings, which usually have STEEL doors!)

How many SWAT officers could lift a mounted 22.5" truck tire (160+lbs) over their heads?

HAHAHA. What an ignorant comment. You know nothing about physics.

Of course, they want lower standards as they're A LOT weaker then men. Somehow, we have to make men do more to earn the same thing so we can say how fair we're! LOL

Yup - liberals want different standards so every group has equal chance of passing!!!
We want different standards where different standards make sense. Just because you're mad that they have a tampon machine in their bathroom and you don't doesn't mean we give a good goddamn.
Different standards, different pay.

That is how it goes down.

Forum List

Back