Columbia professor says he does heroin regularly for 'work-life balance'

That explains university education these days

No wonder they're stupid as stumps
What is your excuse? Many people can function just as well as other people while using substances that the centralized corporate powers don't want you to do.

You never fail to look ridiculous

Hint: it's illegal

Then why did we have our military protecting the poppy fields in Afghanistan?

Once again you're off on tangents.

If the military is protecting it, how can it be bad?

You keep on trying to divert...I have no interest in it. You know it's bad and you're trying to justify a professor doing something really stupid

It seems he is meeting all qualifications for doing his job. Can you show where he is being less responsible than the guy who shows up hung over?

Is alcohol illegal?

Watches you scratch your stupid ass

No, which is kinda the point. Why is it any of your business if he is able to meet all expectations?

You really think usage of illegal drugs is meeting expectations? Really?

You're ridiculous like that Rump Ranger Runt

There is no indications he is not.

Listen up Nincompoop, I have no desire to have some drug addled professor anywhere near my children, the fact you support it speaks volumes....if by some slim chance you are a parent.

Support it? I say it's none of my business. BTW, my youngest daughter is currently in college.

Is it OK if a professor is on Prozac?

Now sit the fuck down and cease thinking anyone with an ounce of sense is buying into your latest attempt to look really really ridiculous. Just stop assuming you're all that, you're not
[/QUOTE]

Prozac is legal....you keep running in circles.

Just stop, one of two things, you're a heroin user or a total dumbfck. Either one you're a waste of time

What is your excuse? Many people can function just as well as other people while using substances that the centralized corporate powers don't want you to do.

You keep on trying to divert...I have no interest in it. You know it's bad and you're trying to justify a professor doing something really stupid

It seems he is meeting all qualifications for doing his job. Can you show where he is being less responsible than the guy who shows up hung over?

Is alcohol illegal?

No, which is kinda the point. Why is it any of your business if he is able to meet all expectations?

Listen up Nincompoop, I have no desire to have some drug addled professor anywhere near my children, the fact you support it speaks volumes....if by some slim chance you are a parent.

Support it? I say it's none of my business. BTW, my youngest daughter is currently in college.

Now sit the fuck down and cease thinking anyone with an ounce of sense is buying into your latest attempt to look really really ridiculous. Just stop assuming you're all that, you're not

Just stop, one of two things, you're a heroin user or a total dumbfck. Either one you're a waste of time
[/QUOTE]

THis is the part I do not understand. As long as big brother tells you it is OK, then it seems to be OK, never mind it does the same thing as things big brother arrests you over.

Is alcohol illegal?

THis is the part I do not understand. As long as big brother tells you it is OK, then it seems to be OK, never mind it does the same thing as things big brother arrests you over.
[/QUOTE]

Cease annoying me. How's that?

Is alcohol illegal?

[/QUOTE]

Run away........

Is alcohol illegal?

Run away........
[/QUOTE]

Gfy, constantly you chime in with nonsense and people weary of your antics, tire of it then you proclaim some sort of hollow victory.

Heroin is illegal....get around that you deluded dumfck and possibly you have an argument.... until then you're just another left loon flapping your yap

Idiot

Heroin is illegal....get around that you deluded dumfck and possibly you have an argument.... until then you're just another left loon flapping your yap

Idiot

I never argued it wasn't. There is no one that does nothing illegal. Driving 28 in a 25 zone is illegal.

Now why is it your business how someone deals with their day if they are dealing and not hurting you?

Idiot

I never argued it wasn't. There is no one that does nothing illegal. Driving 28 in a 25 zone is illegal.

Now why is it your business how someone deals with their day if they are dealing and not hurting you?

Once again, dumbass... it's illegal

You really are fcking stupid

No need to graduate any higher, you're near the top of the mountain already. Then I read the article and I find he's going even further with his experimentation.

Where in the hell does he obtain this stuff? Are Profs heading down to Junkie BLVD. to get their fix?

Carl Hart is a Columbia University professor of psychology and neuroscience. He chairs the psych department and has a fondness for heroin – not only as a subject of scholarly pursuit but also as a substance for personal use.

At 54, the married father of three has snorted small amounts of heroin for as many as 10 days in a row and enjoyed it mightily – even if, as he recalls in his new book "Drug Use for Grown-ups: Chasing Liberty in the Land of Fear" (Penguin Press), he’s experienced mild withdrawal symptoms "12 to 16 hours after the last dose."

But, as Hart sees it, the discomfort is a worthwhile trade-off.

"There aren’t many things in life that I enjoy more than a few lines by the fireplace at the end of the day," he writes, pointing out that the experience leaves him "refreshed" and "prepared to face another day."

Hart, who studies the effects of psychoactive drugs on humans, finds his use of the narcotic to be "as rational as my alcohol use. Like vacation, sex and the arts, heroin is one of the tools that I use to maintain my work-life balance."
Not advice I would take. I would watch that alcohol use also. Seen people fuck up their lives on both.

Interesting that Columbia University would keep him after such an admission. But at least he's not shooting up. Kind of depends on the frequency of use and the amount he snorts. Micro-dosing THC, Psilocybin, LSD and other hallucinogens is an increasing phenomenon that includes many high-functioning adults. But I've never heard of it with heroin.
Now it's not like he says he is a Christian or Trump supporter or something. Sure they will keep him and probably allow him to share with his class.

C'mon!

Let's tell it as it is (gently, of course).

No one would dare fire him.

And we all know why.

Now if a professor (and head of a department!) of a different "background" were to make a similar confession, he would be immediately dismissed.

Keeps you from needing glasses
Keith-Richards-HomeAdverts.com_-e1526408919238.jpeg

The leftist filth have eviscerated every university program except the hard sciences
Actually, they have ruined the sciences too, and this has been going on since the 70's. I took a meteorology course at CCNY (which had open admissions to allow black dum dums in, regardless of high school grades). Their meteorology exams were OPEN BOOK tests -and they then complained about how hard the tests were. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back