Company hikes price 5,000% for drug that fights complication of AIDS, cancer

When Jonas Edward Salk developed the Polio vaccine, he gave it to society without a patent

This is why such needs to be regulated by the government as corporations are evil.
Why? Do you think a scientist just mixed a couple of chemicals together one day and "poof" miracle cure? Millions, maybe billions of dollars went for research before they found the right pill. That's how we get cures. Your way will result in no advancement at all. How many miracle cures come from socialized medicine countries? Thats what you really want.

Go start a drug company, spend decades researching and developing medicines, then tell us how you will charge $1.00 per pill.

You are just like the stupid fuckers that decrie oil company profits. :slap:

I agree with you, but I think it's very difficult to justify what this company did. I'd like to see their reasoning for this massive increase in cost.

What this company did was evil. The fucking super rich has destroyed competition and so corporations like this can get away with shit like this.

We need government to kick some ass.

But then who will treat your autism?

Go start a drug company, spend decades researching and developing medicines, then tell us how you will charge $1.00 per pill.

I agree with you, but I think it's very difficult to justify what this company did. I'd like to see their reasoning for this massive increase in cost.
""Turing Pharmaceuticals of New York raised the price of Daraprim from $13.50 per pill to $750 per pill last month, shortly after purchasing the rights to the drug from Impax Laboratories."
Most of the "research" is simply renaming and making the tiniest changes..

From the link:

A Turing spokesman, Craig Rothenberg, said the company is working with hospitals and providers to get every patient covered. This includes free-of-charge options for uninsured patients and co-pay assistance programs.

Rothenberg defended Daraprim's price, saying that the company will use the money it makes from sales to further research treatments for toxoplasmosis. They also plan to invest in marketing and education tools to make people more aware of the disease.

“There has been no innovation in dealing with toxoplasmosis,” Rothenberg said. “That has been a long neglect in the patient community.”

They are making sure the people that can't afford the drug are getting it for free and those that can afford to pay are paying. They are alos using the additional profits to invest in research. What's the problem? Isn't that what you LWNJ's want? Free shit for the poor? But make the rich pay?

From the link:

A Turing spokesman, Craig Rothenberg, said the company is working with hospitals and providers to get every patient covered. This includes free-of-charge options for uninsured patients and co-pay assistance programs.

Rothenberg defended Daraprim's price, saying that the company will use the money it makes from sales to further research treatments for toxoplasmosis. They also plan to invest in marketing and education tools to make people more aware of the disease.

“There has been no innovation in dealing with toxoplasmosis,” Rothenberg said. “That has been a long neglect in the patient community.”

They are making sure the people that can't afford the drug are getting it for free and those that can afford to pay are paying. They are alos using the additional profits to invest in research. What's the problem? Isn't that what you LWNJ's want? Free shit for the poor? But make the rich pay?
LOL. These companies say this shit all the time, but the truth hurts:
""Turing Pharmaceuticals of New York raised the price of Daraprim from $13.50 per pill to $750 per pill last month, shortly after purchasing the rights to the drug from Impax Laboratories."

Disgusting..
Company hikes price 5,000% for drug that fights complication of AIDS, cancer
A drug treating a common parasite that attacks people with weakened immune systems increased in cost 5,000% to $750 per pill.

At a time of heightened attention to the rising cost of prescription drugs, doctors who treat patients with AIDS and cancer are denouncing the new cost to treat a condition that can be life-threatening.

Turing Pharmaceuticals of New York raised the price of Daraprim from $13.50 per pill to $750 per pill last month, shortly after purchasing the rights to the drug from Impax Laboratories. Turing has exclusive rights to market Daraprim (pyrimethamine), on the market since 1953.

Daraprim fights toxoplasmosis, the second most common food-borne disease, which can easily infect people whose immune systems have been weakened by AIDS, chemotherapy or even pregnancy, according to the Centers for Disease Control.

“This is a tremendous increase," said Judith Aberg, a spokesperson for the HIV Medicine Association. Even patients with insurance could have trouble affording the medication, she said. That's because insurance companies often put high-price drugs in the "specialty" category, requiring patients to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year. Patients whose insurance plans require them to pay 20% of the cost — a common practice — would shell out $150 a pill.

About 60 million people in the United States may carry the Toxoplasma parasite, according to the CDC. It comes from eating under-cooked meat, cooking with contaminated knives and boards, drinking unclean water and contact with infected cat feces.

Mothers can also pass it to their children during pregnancy and organ transplant patients can get it through an infected donor. Symptoms can feel flu-like, but the parasite attacks the brain and can lead to blindness or brain damage.

Why would someone do that? This guy just bought an old drug. He didnt spend decades doing shit fanboy

From the link:

Heres the problem....you're gullible.

You vote Republican you get gouged by these GOP bandits....one day with Flame torches and pitchfork we get these Mother effers

Are you fucking kidding me? You cannot justify what this company did.
"Turing Pharmaceuticals of New York raised the price of Daraprim from $13.50 per pill to $750 per pill last month, shortly after purchasing the rights to the drug from Impax Laboratories. " RESEARCH MY ASS.
Obama has a pen and a phone. What are you worried about? :dunno:
It's noted your posts are pointless insults to our president.
It's a direct quote from your president. :lol:

Hapless, hopeless Liberals never cease to amuse me.
Obama directly said: "Obama has a pen and a phone?" Where?
He did say that. Anyway obamacare was suppose to take care of all our healthcare needs. So what's the problem?

Seriously tho....Do people always have to hear what someone says to figure out motivations anymore? You guys would suck as detectives.

Did you do it?
No.
Dammit :eusa_doh:

What is the dude going to say? "We raised the prices because I want a new vacation house closer to the beach....my OWN beach" ??
"I want to develop a golf course and I need to buy a few blocks of houses!" ?

Here is a potential antidote to GOP Greed Monsters Gouging the sick
Hillary Clinton unveils plan to lower prescription drug costs

September 22, 2015 ............Clinton's plan, according to the campaign, will propose to: Deny tax breaks for consumer advertising and demand that drug companies instead invest U.S. taxpayer dollars ... (usatoday.com)

Forum List

Back