Company that was burned in Minneapolis won't rebuild in the city, says they are leaving

Well hell, when the city council has a veto-proof majority that wants to disband the police dept, who in their right mind would stay if they have a choice? They'll have some kind of police alternative cuz their city charter requires it, but I shudder to think of what that might be. My guess is contracting out various aspects of public safety, but somebody has to arrest the bad guys and no matter who they work for the occasional misconduct is going to happen. I would imagine there could be a loss of good, experienced cops who will head for better places to raise a family. Along with a lot of business owners and the working class. I have no faith in the liberal progressives being able to turn their city around.

If I lived there I would be on my way out by now.....
I grew up there and now have zero desire to even visit again since the goons burned down Lake Street...Much of had been transformed by immigrant entrepreneurs into a place with all sorts of international flavor and ambiance, and the chimpout freaks wrecked it all.
I remember when the right used to say that racism was basically nonexistent.

No it's Leftists who insist that racism is nonexistent because:

How can something like racism even exist when Leftists INSIST that race is just a Social Construct? How can something like racism even exist when Leftists INSIST that there is no such thing as RACE because according to them EVERYONE is the SAME?

I grew up there and now have zero desire to even visit again since the goons burned down Lake Street...Much of had been transformed by immigrant entrepreneurs into a place with all sorts of international flavor and ambiance, and the chimpout freaks wrecked it all.

And then Obama "united" us back into the 50s. Asshole...……..

United who? Racists?

It is convenient when people call black people chimps so we can identify who the racists are.
I didn't call black people chimps, you fucking imbecile.

You are the one who took my description of "chimpout" to mean it was necessarily and only blacks, which makes you the racist.
So who did you refer to as chimps?
I described a behavior, racist shithead.

United who? Racists?

It is convenient when people call black people chimps so we can identify who the racists are.

You are the one who took my description of "chimpout" to mean it was necessarily and only blacks, which makes you the racist.

WHY are you so racist colfax that you AUTOMATICALLY equate Chimps with Blacks?

I remember when the Left used to blame urban problems on businesses and white people leaving. Oh, the Left will still do that but are going to look foolish doing it.

There was a lot of unity across race and economic classes on what happened to George Floyd. That wasn’t good enough for the Left so they torched and looted cities and/or justified it.

Riots have consequences. They introduce a new risk to businesses and investments. Call it racist all you want but it’s a business risk.
What was racist was referring to black people as chimps. Wouldn’t you agree?

We all wish the vandalism and arson hadn’t happened, but that doesn’t change the underlying situation.
What dew ewe think the assholes here on the left are saying when the refer to we Trump supporters as a Trumpanzee? I’d say that’s fucking racist. How about ewe? Dumbass!

United who? Racists?

I refer to looters as scumbags. Sometimes as shit heads. Does either of those offend you?

Great job, Dimwingers. Sat back and allowed your city to burn to the ground. Now the jobs are leaving.

Manufacturing company in Minneapolis since 1987 leaving city after violent protests

A Minneapolis manufacturing company, whose plant burned amid civil unrest following George Floyd's death, is leaving the city after nearly four decades and taking dozens of jobs with it.

The president and owner of 7-Sigma Inc. Kris Wyrobek felt inclined to do so after he says he lost trust in public officials during the riots that plagued the city, according to Star Tribune.

"They don't care about my business," said Wyrobek told the Star Tribune. "They didn't protect our people. We were all on our own."

Star Tribune
@StarTribune

Replying to @StarTribune

A manufacturing company that has been in Minneapolis since 1987 has decided to leave the city.

The company’s owner said he can’t trust public officials who allowed his plant to burn during the recent riots: “They don’t care about my business.” http://strib.mn/2zcnhdE

Manufacturer that burned as Minneapolis protests turned violent plans to relocate from city
'They didn't protect our people,' 7-Sigma owner says of city officials.
startribune.com

7:31 AM - Jun 9, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

99 people are talking about this

The company, which designs and manufactures polymer solutions and precision metal components, has been operating in south Minneapolis since 1987. The city will effectively lose 50 jobs when Wyrobek takes his business elsewhere, according to the outlet.

Wyrobek isn't alone in his frustration. The city of Minneapolis says the looting and property damage have already caused at least $55 million in destruction so far.

*failing business takes insurance check and runs*

lol

You know what you don't do if you were taking in money hand over fist? Change shit up

Riot or no riot

And anyone who wasn't insured wasn't a thriving business

"failing business takes insurance check and runs"...."anyone who wasn't insured wasn't a thriving business". Damn, you are screwed up.

It's also true

These sorts of things are priced into your insurance

Not that big a deal

Welcome to capitalism

Creation and destruction, arbitrary or not.

Minneapolis will become another Detroit in 20 years or so and you will hear how it was "white privilege" and "white supremacy" and "white flight" and "systemic racism" and Donald Trump's fault that it occurred. Completely ignoring the fact that the entire fault of this is the radical left who destroyed businesses and removed the police force.

I remember when the Left used to blame urban problems on businesses and white people leaving. Oh, the Left will still do that but are going to look foolish doing it.

There was a lot of unity across race and economic classes on what happened to George Floyd. That wasn’t good enough for the Left so they torched and looted cities and/or justified it.

Riots have consequences. They introduce a new risk to businesses and investments. Call it racist all you want but it’s a business risk.
What was racist was referring to black people as chimps. Wouldn’t you agree?

We all wish the vandalism and arson hadn’t happened, but that doesn’t change the underlying situation.
What dew ewe think the assholes here on the left are saying when the refer to we Trump supporters as a Trumpanzee? I’d say that’s fucking racist. How about ewe? Dumbass!
Methinks somebody just got scorched with their own virtue beacon. :laugh2:

And it is not just conservatives who can see the risks and leave.

Hell, a good buddy of mine, younger and fairly liberal, just moved in with his girl friend. She wanted to live in the suburbs.

THey moved out, just in time. THe place they lived in just weeks ago, is a fucking war zone.

We were talking just the other day. I made a conscious effort to not take a victory lap as he waxed nostalgic about the neighborhood that he used to live in, that was now ruined.

Great job, Dimwingers. Sat back and allowed your city to burn to the ground. Now the jobs are leaving.

Manufacturing company in Minneapolis since 1987 leaving city after violent protests

A Minneapolis manufacturing company, whose plant burned amid civil unrest following George Floyd's death, is leaving the city after nearly four decades and taking dozens of jobs with it.

The president and owner of 7-Sigma Inc. Kris Wyrobek felt inclined to do so after he says he lost trust in public officials during the riots that plagued the city, according to Star Tribune.

"They don't care about my business," said Wyrobek told the Star Tribune. "They didn't protect our people. We were all on our own."

Star Tribune
@StarTribune

Replying to @StarTribune

A manufacturing company that has been in Minneapolis since 1987 has decided to leave the city.

The company’s owner said he can’t trust public officials who allowed his plant to burn during the recent riots: “They don’t care about my business.” http://strib.mn/2zcnhdE

Manufacturer that burned as Minneapolis protests turned violent plans to relocate from city
startribune.com

The company, which designs and manufactures polymer solutions and precision metal components, has been operating in south Minneapolis since 1987. The city will effectively lose 50 jobs when Wyrobek takes his business elsewhere, according to the outlet.

Wyrobek isn't alone in his frustration. The city of Minneapolis says the looting and property damage have already caused at least $55 million in destruction so far.

lol

You know what you don't do if you were taking in money hand over fist? Change shit up

Riot or no riot

I'm sure you have evidence to back up your claim it was a failing business, right? Surely you didn't just get caught in another lie, right?

The fact they're leaving is all the evidence anyone needs.....

United who? Racists?

Or when people go to Reverend Wright's church for 20 years.

Star Tribune
@StarTribune

Replying to @StarTribune

startribune.com

lol

Riot or no riot

"failing business takes insurance check and runs"...."anyone who wasn't insured wasn't a thriving business". Damn, you are screwed up.

It's also true

Not that big a deal

Wlecome to capitalism

Creation and destruction, arbitrary or not

You really are a clueless moron! Destruction of property is priced into insurance to a point, Einstein...then insurance companies decline to offer protection. You think any insurance company is going to insure a business in a Democratically controlled city prone to riots that won't have a Police presence? Like I said...you're clueless!

Star Tribune
@StarTribune

Replying to @StarTribune

startribune.com

lol

Riot or no riot

It's also true

Not that big a deal

Welcome to capitalism

Creation and destruction, arbitrary or not.

Great, so you double down on stupid....good work.

Star Tribune
@StarTribune

Replying to @StarTribune

startribune.com

lol

Riot or no riot

It's also true

Not that big a deal

Wlecome to capitalism

Creation and destruction, arbitrary or not

You really are a clueless, moron! Destruction of property is priced into insurance to a point, Einstein...then insurance companies decline to offer protection. You think any insurance company is going to insure a business in a Democratically controlled city prone to riots that won't have a Police presence? Like I said...you're clueless!

Yea they could

But they won't, because some one else will insure them for a more reasonable price

Riots have happened before, already priced in

If this was the first riot in American history your take would make sense.

United who? Racists?

Because I know how racists use the term. Are you ignorant to this fact?

United who? Racists?

I described a behavior, racist shithead.
Are you aware that black people are referred to as chimps by racist people?

United who? Racists?

Well Chimps when they lose their shit jump about destroying things, these Blacks are acting like those Chimps because these Blacks are losing their shit and jumping around destroying things and NO there is nothing racist in the statement I have just made.

United who? Racists?

Well Chimps when they lose their shit jump about destroying things, these Blacks are acting like those Chimps because these Blacks are losing their shit and jumping around destroying things and NO there is nothing racist in the statement I have just made.
There were scads of white people joining the chimpout, but the head of the racist virtue beacon colfax could only see blacks.

The very essence and definition of a racist.

United who? Racists?

Good lord. You can’t possibly be that ignorant?

Referring to black individuals as chimps or apes has a long history in this country. It is an attempt to dehumanize black people, to paint them as primitive and violent.

Its extremely racist.

Forum List

Back