Concerning Our Current Intractable Political Divisions -

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
- perhaps the practice of dueling on a ground of honor should be revived?

Just thinkin' ... it would sure end a lot of stupid arguments. :113:

The Ruling Class would love it if we started killing each other. It would fit perfectly into their plan.

Americans have always been politically divisive. It's one of the great things about America

Hey that's about getting slapped with a glove, or some other issue of honor, that rarely should be politics? Say Andrew Jackson's wife was abandoned in a previous marriage, and his Wife Particularly was called adulterer, which led to duels of Honor. Very famous ones there. The South should identify with such a stand of honor. Or else, you are getting bullied by triad gangsters your whole life, its no life we'd like, car windows and chopping motions.

Americans have always been politically divisive. It's one of the great things about America
Agreed but now it is different. Hatred rules the day and it is new.

Is it?

Franklin%20Battle%20Hero.jpg

This doesn't look particularly friendly to me.

You know what's overlooked, boy its overlooked, Every Single General KNEW each other from the Civil War. They all served together in a chain of command in the Mexican American War. Those encounters of Ulysses Grant, Robert E Lee. They Ended the war to prevent Guerilla Warfare. No General but Immigrant generals, like a couple Russians, Ever ordered plunder or harm, or actions outside of an armed political persuasion! Why maybe re-electing Lincoln ends wars! I'm not sure! There's a character to this war not to be lost, not seen again in all the conflicts of Civil War, or International War to a seasoned studier of wars, to say a Nazi died having caused at least 10 civilian deaths a head. Most figures average some Civilian died in th US War after 30 Civil War soldiers died.

No actually it wouldn't end anything; it would deepen it. But it's interesting to see who comes out for the concept of
honor killing.

No actually it wouldn't end anything; it would deepen it. But it's interesting to see who comes out for the concept of
honor killing.
Ok time out. There is a huge difference between two guys dueling to the death and a Muslim Father murdering his daughter because her dress is too short. Don't smear dueling with Muslim "honor killing".

Why isn't that "Passion Killing"? Crimes of Passions in France, are almost legalizing Murder, because the post-Catholics run around with the Soap Opera Movies literally in their heads, obviously that's a passionate scene 3 but the gun is in scene 5, you know? And the courts are legalizing this , its totally French, its the City of Love. Lights and Passion or whatever. I should get a bob hair cut and hook some man for a while and then make a painting. and get a French artist's wheel. That a muslim stone her to death. different though.

honor killing.
Ok time out. There is a huge difference between two guys dueling to the death and a Muslim Father murdering his daughter because her dress is too short. Don't smear dueling with Muslim "honor killing".

Honor killing isn't "Muslim". It isn't even religious.

Alexander Hamilton died from an honor killing.
So did Anne Boleyn.
So did any number of bride-burning victims in India. And Mafia executions.
So did Isabella di Morra.
George Waggaman, Senator for whom Waggaman Louisiana was named.
Stephen Decatur, for whom Decatur Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, and myriad other states, are named.

None of them had anything to do with "religion".

Dafuck did you think dueling was about? Money?

Last edited:

honor killing.

You're such a vaginal string sometimes.

Hey, it's your OP. I just pulled the string to show you what's in there.

Need a flashlight down there? :dig:

Perhaps an example of empathetic leadership would do the trick.

Our divisions seem to me have been spawned by leadership trafficking in division. Fear, suspicion, derision and hate. Calling people of all stripes traitors, low I.Q. individuals, rapists, murderers, drug dealers frames our divisions most clearly.

As Shakespeare said, The fault, dear Brutus, is in our stars.

And for 35% of us, that star is rancid.

honor killing.

What you pulled out of your vagina has nothing to do with me.

honor killing.

What you pulled out of your vagina has nothing to do with me.

Actually (again, for slow readers) I pulled it out of your OP.

Wassamatta? Embarrassed? About what's 'down there'?

Yeah you should be.

honor killing.

So did Anne Boleyn.

Funny to end up with such an opinion on all your "deaths". Ya I saw a special tha his son and himself alexander Hamilton was taught ot Arrive at the duel, But, That a Christian shoots in the Air, then they BOTH DIED! BOTH DUELS! I Don't think you get credit if you just make it up too. Christ liked your duel?
You know the tune Greensleeves, has been around, nobody talks about a pro-Elizabethan context do they? That legitimizes the Protestant line of the Throne through Anne Boleyne to be painting King Henry as the indulgent, fibbing, lying, treacherous wife killer, which the poem accomplishes.
Ya I Heard indian emperors get to burn their wives on death with posessions.

honor killing.

So did Anne Boleyn.

Funny to end up with such an opinion on all your "deaths". Ya I saw a special tha his son and himself alexander Hamilton was taught ot Arrive at the duel, But, That a Christian shoots in the Air, then they BOTH DIED! BOTH DUELS! I Don't think you get credit if you just make it up too. Christ liked your duel?
You know the tune Greensleeves, has been around, nobody talks about a pro-Elizabethan context do they? That legitimizes the Protestant line of the Throne through Anne Boleyne to be painting King Henry as the indulgent, fibbing, lying, treacherous wife killer, which the poem accomplishes.
Ya I Heard indian emperors get to burn their wives on death with posessions.

Once AGAIN ---- honor killing has nothing to do with Christianism either. Just as it has nothing to do with Sikhism, Hinduism, Islam, Catholicism or any other latecomer religion with which it may be coincident. It's a social construct that's FAR older than all that shit.

Hope you can translate that into ----------- whatever your language is, it's clearly not English.

Forum List

Back