Concerns over dumping Obamacare growing among GOP lawmakers

what are you going to replace obamacare with? youve had 8 years to think of something you still got nothing?....

maybe you should just admit to yourselves that you dont really give a shit about the affordable healthcare act and you were really just pissed obama was black but were too scared and embarrassed to say it...
It's going to be replaced by the free market. The healthcare industry should operate like any other industry in America.

In a free market, people who can't afford a product or service at the market price have little choice but to go without.

Americans will never go for that with healthcare.

What are you talking about? We are now.

There is nothing left but the ACA, regarding the 'free market economy'. The liberals destroyed the existing health care system when they passed the ACA. It can not simply be repealed without something being created.

what are you going to replace obamacare with? youve had 8 years to think of something you still got nothing?....

maybe you should just admit to yourselves that you dont really give a shit about the affordable healthcare act and you were really just pissed obama was black but were too scared and embarrassed to say it...
It's going to be replaced by the free market. The healthcare industry should operate like any other industry in America.

In a free market, people who can't afford a product or service at the market price have little choice but to go without.

You mean leftwing douche bags like you will never go for it. Of course, they will also never reach into their own pockets to help the people they claim to care about.

There is nothing left but the ACA, regarding the 'free market economy'. The liberals destroyed the existing health care system when they passed the ACA. It can not simply be repealed without something being created.
Sure it can. The insurance companies still exist. They can simply go back to providing insurance the way they did before the ACA.

The majority of Americans don't want a free market healthcare system.

Majority Still Supports Single Payer Option - The Hill

Majority in U.S. Support Idea of Fed-Funded Healthcare System

You mean leftwing douche bags like you will never go for it. Of course, they will also never reach into their own pockets to help the people they claim to care about.

So you think most Americans would like to end ALL government healthcare assistance to low income Americans.

lol, good one.

Many ordinary Americans, the salt of the Earth, have gone without health care because they could not afford the insurance.

For the last few years I've been saying the GOP was partially to blame for the pig of a law that is the ACA, because they never provided America with a clear & specific alternative.

And because they did everything they could to sabotage and cripple the law so that it could never work the way it was supposed to.
How did they "sabotage and cripple the law?" The Dims didn't need a single Republican vote to pass it. They had free reign to do whatever they wanted.

Whatever the GOP does, they cannot allow the Dem's to blame the GOP for Obamacare's failure. Dem's OWN 100% of that mess.
If it ever fails, we'll keep that in mind.

Sure it can. The insurance companies still exist. They can simply go back to providing insurance the way they did before the ACA.
Basically that is what I am saying - they would have to GO BACK to providing coverage the old way, create or te-create new/old policies, which would take a little time.

So you think most Americans would like to end ALL government healthcare assistance to low income Americans.

lol, good one.

Getting rid of the ACA doesn't equate to getting rid of all government medical assistance for the poor.

Nice try, douche bag.

Basically that is what I am saying - they would have to GO BACK to providing coverage the old way, create or te-create new/old policies, which would take a little time.
They could easily do it in 6 months, and Congress can give that much of a warning.

lol, good one.

Getting rid of the ACA doesn't equate to getting rid of all government medical assistance for the poor.

Nice try, douche bag.

You're the one saying you want healthcare to be a free market. Are you retracting that now?

lol, good one.

Nice try, douche bag.

You're the one saying you want healthcare to be a free market. Are you retracting that now?

I didn't realize we were discussing what I want.

Many ordinary Americans, the salt of the Earth, have gone without health care because they could not afford the insurance.

Well, remember, Trump likes the soldiers who didn't get captured; he probably likes the people who don't get sick as well.

lol, good one.

Nice try, douche bag.

"The healthcare industry should operate like any other industry in America."

That was your statement of what YOU want, idiot. THAT is what I responded to.

lol, good one.

Nice try, douche bag.

How does that imply the government can't provide assistance to the poor?

lol, good one.

Nice try, douche bag.

If the government subsidies the poor, it's no longer a free market because the poor are receiving buying power that they don't naturally have.

Nice try, douche bag.

If the government subsidies the poor, it's no longer a free market because the poor are receiving buying power that they don't naturally have.
Yes, it's not totally free, and it won't be so long as goose steppers like you have any say in things.

Before Commie Care, most people got their coverage through their employers. The only way to go back to that is for the government to offer companies an incentive for providing that benefit once again. Even if it was temporary.....say a nice tax break for seven years or so. We would be able to get back on the path we left.

Without Commie Care, employers would not be able to drop coverage in fear of losing good employees after that seven years was up. It would go back to the way it was before.

I would question how any of your suggestions solves any of those problems. Eliminate all administrative costs that that only lowers the cost about 5 percent, and you know that can't happen.

Do you think that those who pay less for their health care in other countries probably spend less for their cars and houses? Because they have less income as the article states.

So it would seem that because we have more money we spend more money.

How to you propose lowering doctor salary? Or how do you propose lowing US income?

Back in the early 80's I was working for a medical company. They decided to use part of the building as a pharmacy so they could mix medications for our customers.

One day after our weekly Monday morning meeting, we started a discussion by the coffee pot of the UPS strike that was going on at the time. As we talked, our newest coworker (the pharmacist) just listened in. She didn't say a word, but her face turned red with anger and she abruptly walked away. We kind of looked at each other like WTF?????

As usual, I was the last person standing by the coffee pot, and she returned. In her hand was a pharmacy magazine she subscribed to. The magazine was opened to an article they had about the UPS strike. She highlighted the section stating that a UPS driver made between 50K and 55K a year. A pharmacist made on average 60K a year.

In rage she said "Do you believe THESE people are going on strike? Do you know what my parents went through to put me through college to be a pharmacists? Do you know what I went through? For what, to make a crummy five or ten grand a year than a UPS driver, and that's not enough for them? I should be the one on strike!!!"

It wasn't long before our country started to run short on pharmacists, nurses, and other medical professionals. Why should they spend money for all that education if they are only going to make the wages of a UPS driver, auto plant worker, or a steel plant worker?

The only way to lure these people into such careers is to pay them much better than a floor sweeper at Ford. And of course, that's one of the reasons medical costs are what they are today.

I guess if a person is going to rate their worth to that of another I understand the woman's concern. I would hope she chose to be a pharmacist because that is what she wanted to do verses delivering packages in the hot and cold.

Don't take this wrongly but I can see by and largely what a pharmacist does that couldn't be done by machine. Basically they count out pills. I know, oversimplification. Drug interactions are flagged by a computer anyway.

Never the less one of the components in the cost of health care is doctor's, nurse's and pharmacist wages. That, as you pointed out, will be very hard to change when a UPS driver is making what a nurse might earn.

Sure, I wouldn't want to spend all that time and money unless I was going to be much further ahead than some parts inspector on an assembly line. Yes, there should be some passion when choosing a career in college, but you have to look at the money as well. Passion doesn't pay the hundred or so thousand you borrowed to go to school.

Yes, these unions were responsible for non-skilled labor to make great money, but it has a ripple effect such as in our healthcare.

My point is that her wages were not dictated by what the UPS guy makes. When she went in she had to know what the payoff would be. What the UPS guy makes has no effect on what she would make. I think what we are discussing is "fairness."

Forum List

Back