🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

confederate flag vs. health care for the mentally ill

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
which is the true issue in sc...the confederate flag or the lack of good mental health care in the u.s.

i say the latter....that the confederate flag is just an issue of distraction

Our nation has suffered too much at the hands of dangerous people who use guns to commit horrific acts of violence. As President Obama said following the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy, “We won’t be able to stop every violent act, but if there is even one thing that we can do to prevent any of these events, we have a deep obligation, all of us, to try.”

Most gun owners are responsible and law-abiding, and they use their guns safely. The President strongly believes that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. But to better protect our children and our communities from tragic mass shootings like those in Newtown, Aurora, Oak Creek, and Tucson, there are common-sense steps we can take right now.

While no law or set of laws will end gun violence, it is clear that the American people want action. If even one child’s life can be saved, then we need to act. Now is the time to do the right thing for our children, our communities, and the country we love.

That afternoon, the President spoke emotionally about the day’s events from the White House. At a prayer vigil in Newtown two days later, President Obama said we couldn’t tolerate this kind of tragedy anymore. The time had come to take meaningful action to reduce gun violence in America.

Now is the time The White House

Obama administration has recently given the psychiatric business and pharmaceutical industry a major gift by quietly introducing a behavioral and mental health program in public schools throughout the United States.

Obama s Mental Health Mandate Memory Hole

Yet an under-reported section of Now is the Time is applied to “making schools safer” and “improving mental health services” for students.[1] While presented by the Obama administration as “commonsense solutions to gun violence,“ one is left to consider the long range implications of such an initiative, particularly in light of the Affordable Care Act and the psychopharmaceutical complex’s never-ending drive to expand its clientele.

On September 22, 2014 Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell announced $99 million in new grants “to train new mental health providers, help teachers and others recognize mental health issues in youth and connect them to help and increase access to mental health services for young people.”[2]

On September 23 the Department of Education announced an additional $70 million in “School Climate Transformation grants.” According to the DOE, over half of the funding “will be used to develop, enhance, or expand systems of support for implementing evidence based, multi-tiered behavioral frameworks for improving behavioral outcomes and learning conditions.” The goals of such measures include “connecting[ing] children, youths, and families to appropriate services and supports,” and “increase[ing] measures of and the ability to respond to mental health issues among school-aged youth.”[3]

Both HHS and DOE explicitly cite Obama’s Now is the Time declaration as rationale for the new programs. “The administration is committed to increasing access to mental health services to protect the health of children and communities,” Secretary Burwell asserts. “If kids don’t feel safe, they can’t learn,” Secretary of Education Arne Duncan similarly remarks. “Through these grants of more than $70 million, we are continuing our commitment to ensure that kids have access to the best learning experience possible.”

which is the true issue in sc...the confederate flag or the lack of good mental health care in the u.s.

no need to pick and choose... that flag has no place on our government buildings, either way. ;)

dont you think he is? he was heavily influenced by message boards etc.......he was self medicating....

has anyone noticed anyone gone missing among us? :eusa_eh:

was also thinking cooter from dukes of hazard might be posting among us as well!

cuz that good ol' boy sure has all the slippery rw talking points down pat... :lol:

yup the anti PC boogey man is around every corner, but pshaw there was no racism in TV Land's Hazzard county! o_O

no need to pick and choose... that flag has no place on our government buildings, either way. ;)
It is flying on the confederate memorial, not on the state house.

What does one issue have to do with the other?

Why can't we address both?

It is flying on the grounds of the state Capitol.

is there any evidence that Roof was mentally ill?

Good grief...
The pictures of him with the confederate flag; his rantings about blacks and other minorities; his view of himself as "brave". Those are signs of mental illness.

I'd say your priorities are bad, why my Congressman Boy Blunt from Mizzouri introduced a budget measure to cut funding for health services for the poor and to cut funding the ACA and Medicare/Medicaid......Nice fellows...

It is flying on a confederate memorial on state house grounds. Part of the compromise that took it off the state house, was building a memorial for black people. So, if the flag goes, only fair the black memorial should go to? Right?

It is flying on a confederate memorial on state house grounds. Part of the compromise that took it off the state house, was building a memorial for black people. So, if the flag goes, only fair the black memorial should go to? Right?
They are not removing the memorial, just the hateful, racist symbol. That you would think that removing a flag from a memorial should result in the entire memorial to African Americans being removed is idiotic.

Forum List

Back