Confused about Obamacare

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
Today when an individual goes to a hospital in need of care he is given that care. When Obamacare kicks in will these people that have not purchased health insurance recieve that care or will they be turned away? Will they be reported to the IRS?

Individuals that either cannot afford or refuse to purchase insurance; what will happen if they cannot or refuse to pay the fines assessed? Will they be arrested and jailed? Will the IRS take property from them?

Today when an individual goes to a hospital in need of care he is given that care.

They do receive a bill though, or should.

When Obamacare kicks in will these people that have not purchased health insurance recieve that care or will they be turned away?

I would assume they will still receive care.

Will they be reported to the IRS?

Don't know...must read the bill

Individuals that either cannot afford or refuse to purchase insurance; what will happen if they cannot or refuse to pay the fines assessed? Will they be arrested and jailed? Will the IRS take property from them?

Refuse to; they will be fined by the IRS by increasing your tax bill or deducting from a refund.
Cannot afford to, they will be subsidized by everyone else.

Today when an individual goes to a hospital in need of care he is given that care.

They do receive a bill though, or should.

When Obamacare kicks in will these people that have not purchased health insurance recieve that care or will they be turned away?

I would assume they will still receive care.

Will they be reported to the IRS?

Don't know...must read the bill

Refuse to; they will be fined by the IRS by increasing your tax bill or deducting from a refund.
Cannot afford to, they will be subsidized by everyone else.

I have not read the entire bill but many questions have arisen from what I have read. Have you read the bill? It appears that you have answered the questions in a way that you think it should be.

Affordable Care Act: Obamacare & Health Reform Facts | Kaiser Permanente

The Requirement to Buy Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Summary of the Affordable Care Act | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Timeline for Obamacare: Regulations and Implementation | Heartland Institute

Unlike Mabelle, I don't think its a good idea to ASSSume anything. JMO, but educating oneself seems the better than thrashing around in the dark while calling other people stupid.

You have legitimate questions. Here are just a few of the gazillions of links to choose from. Also very good is the dot gov series. Google your questions and read.

I've posted this before but we have already saved money with the cadillac plan we already had but if you are truly unable to pay, no, the IRS won't come to your door. Nor will the cops, as idiot Bill O'Reilly repeatedly said.

Forum List

Back