Congrats to President Obama on a deserved proposal at renaming a street in NY after him.

Go all in. Change the name of the country to United States of Obama. Don't forget to add the Book of obama to the Bible.

Trump doesn't dislike shitstain obama. He just doesn't like what shitstain obama did to this country.

obammy uss shiplol.jpg

Obama Street should be a one-way to the city garbage dump. ... :thup:

Good point, Sunni.....

1. But.....this is NYC, the Democrat Republic, where Jean-Jacques Dessalines got a street recently.

"Brooklyn street co-named after Jean-Jacques Dessalines"
Brooklyn street co-named after Jean-Jacques Dessalines

2. "Jean-Jacques Dessalines (Haitian Creole: Jan-Jak Desalin; French pronunciation: [ʒɑ̃ ʒak dɛsalin]; 20 September 1758 – 17 October 1806) was a leader of the Haitian Revolution and the first ruler of an independent Haiti under the 1805 constitution."
Jean-Jacques Dessalines - Wikipedia

3. This is the sort that Liberals/Democrats honor:
"The 1804 Haiti massacre was carried out against the remaining white population of native French people and French Creoles (or Franco-Haitians) in Haitiby Haitian soldiers under orders from Jean-Jacques Dessalines. He had decreed that all suspected of conspiring in the acts of the expelled army should be put to death."
1804 Haiti massacre - Wikipedia

4. Obama fits right in.......

"The Disposition Matrix, informally known as a kill list, is a database of information for tracking, capturing, rendering, or killing suspected enemies of the United States.[1] Developed by the Obama administration beginning in 2010, the "Disposition Matrix" goes beyond existing kill lists and is intended to become a permanent fixture of U.S. policy.[1] The process determining criteria for killing is not public and was heavily shaped by National Counterterrorism Director and former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Director John O. Brennan.[2]

The creation of the Disposition Matrix database is part of an effort embraced by White House counterterrorism adviser John O. Brennan to codify the targeted killing policies developed by President Barack Obama.

The database's existence was revealed in a three-part series published by The Washington Post newspaper. It noted that as of their publication, the number of civilian and militant casualties resulting from U.S. drone strikes would soon exceed the number of people killed in the September 11 attacks.

Pakistani interior minister Rehman Malik has stated that 336 U.S. drone strikes in Pakistan claimed over 2,300 victims, 80% of whom were innocent civilians."
Disposition Matrix - Wikipedia

As St. Bernard noted....
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

What did President Obama SPECIFICALLY do for NEW YORK that is deserving of having a street named after him?

I am being extremely serious and not at all critical or sarcastic. My point being, in a way, I can see Chicago naming a street in his honor, more so and before New York would be motivated to do so. So just wondering if there is anything SPECIFIC to New York or just honoring him in general...

This is not a good idea, even though I would love to sign the petition. I have lived in the DC area since the '70s, and the idiots plastered reagan's name on the airport, a federal building, and an aircraft carrier before the asshole even died, thus screwing the place up forever, so I'm against naming anything after anyone until after they have died and the record of their deeds and accomplishments can be established and recognized by the public.

At least, the airport should be restored to its original name, or named something neutral, like "Potomac National." Calling it "Reagan National" is an insult to all of us.

That's funny and if I were a New Yorker I'd sign the petition without a moments thought. If I gave it a moment I'd take it more seriously and would reconsider and skip it, figuring I would be only signing out of spite. I'd still enjoy the laugh though.

No worry....we're breeding an especially large, well-fed species of pigeons.....

This is not a good idea, even though I would love to sign the petition. I have lived in the DC area since the '70s, and the idiots plastered reagan's name on the airport, a federal building, and an aircraft carrier before the asshole even died, thus screwing the place up forever, so I'm against naming anything after anyone until after they have died and the record of their deeds and accomplishments can be established and recognized by the public.

At least, the airport should be restored to its original name, or named something neutral, like "Potomac National." Calling it "Reagan National" is an insult to all of us.

You appear less than firmly rooted in reality.

Let's check....

“Between the early 1980s and 2007 we lived in an YGolden Age. Never before have so many people advanced so far economically in so short a period of time as they have during the last 25 years. Until the credit crisis, 70 million people a year were joining the middle class. The U.S. kicked off this long boom with the economic reforms of Ronald Reagan, particularly his enormous income tax cuts. We burst from the economic stagnation of the 1970s into a dynamic, innovative, high-tech-oriented economy. Even in recent years the much-maligned U.S. did well. Between year-end 2002 and year-end 2007 U.S. growth exceeded the entire size of China's economy.”
How Capitalism Will Save Us

1. Under Reagan, the debt went up $1.7 trillion, from $900 billion to $2.6 trillion.
  2. But….the national wealth went up $ 17 trillion
  3. Reagan's near-trillion-dollar bulge in defense spending transformed the global balance of power in favor of capitalism. Spurring a stock-market, energy, venture-capital, real-estate and employment boom, the Reagan tax-rate cuts and other pro-enterprise policies added some $17 trillion to America's private-sector assets, dwarfing the trillion-dollar rise in public-sector deficits and creating 45 million net new jobs at rising wages and salaries. George Gilder: The Real Reagan Lesson for Romney-Ryan
Reaganomics - Wikipedia

And the tax cuts of the Economic Recovery Act of 1981 stimulated economic growth. “As a 1982 JEC study pointed out,[1] similar across-the-board tax cuts had been implemented in the 1920s as the Mellon tax cuts, and in the 1960s as the Kennedy tax cuts. In both cases the reduction of high marginal tax rates actually increased tax payments by "the rich," also increasing their share of total individual income taxes paid.” http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-grwth/reagtxct/reagtxct.htm

“As inflation came down and as more and more of the tax cuts from the 1981 Act went into effect, the economic began a strong and sustained pattern of growth.” http://www.ustreas.gov/education/fact-sheets/taxes/ustax.shtml

1. The benefits from Reaganomics:
    1. The economy grew at a 3.4% average rate…compared with 2.9% for the previous eight years, and 2.7% for the next eight.(Table B-4)
    2. Inflation rate dropped from 12.5% to 4.4%. (Table B-63)
    3. Unemployment fell to 5.5% from 7.1% (Table B-35)
    4. Prime interest rate fell by one-third.(Table B-73)
    5. The S & P 500 jumped 124% (Table B-95) http://www.gpoaccess.gov/eop/tables10.html
    6. Charitable contributions rose 57% faster than inflation. Dinesh D’Souza, “Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary May Became an Extraordinary Leader,” p. 116

Let's check....

“Between the early 1980s and 2007 we lived in an YGolden Age. Never before have so many people advanced so far economically in so short a period of time as they have during the last 25 years. Until the credit crisis, 70 million people a year were joining the middle class. The U.S. kicked off this long boom with the economic reforms of Ronald Reagan, particularly his enormous income tax cuts. We burst from the economic stagnation of the 1970s into a dynamic, innovative, high-tech-oriented economy. Even in recent years the much-maligned U.S. did well. Between year-end 2002 and year-end 2007 U.S. growth exceeded the entire size of China's economy.”

1. Under Reagan, the debt went up $1.7 trillion, from $900 billion to $2.6 trillion.
  3. Reagan's near-trillion-dollar bulge in defense spending transformed the global balance of power in favor of capitalism. Spurring a stock-market, energy, venture-capital, real-estate and employment boom, the Reagan tax-rate cuts and other pro-enterprise policies added some $17 trillion to America's private-sector assets, dwarfing the trillion-dollar rise in public-sector deficits and creating 45 million net new jobs at rising wages and salaries. George Gilder: The Real Reagan Lesson for Romney-Ryan
Reaganomics - Wikipedia

And the tax cuts of the Economic Recovery Act of 1981 stimulated economic growth. “As a 1982 JEC study pointed out,[1] similar across-the-board tax cuts had been implemented in the 1920s as the Mellon tax cuts, and in the 1960s as the Kennedy tax cuts. In both cases the reduction of high marginal tax rates actually increased tax payments by "the rich," also increasing their share of total individual income taxes paid.” http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-grwth/reagtxct/reagtxct.htm

“As inflation came down and as more and more of the tax cuts from the 1981 Act went into effect, the economic began a strong and sustained pattern of growth.” http://www.ustreas.gov/education/fact-sheets/taxes/ustax.shtml

1. The economy grew at a 3.4% average rate…compared with 2.9% for the previous eight years, and 2.7% for the next eight.(Table B-4)
    5. The S & P 500 jumped 124% (Table B-95) http://www.gpoaccess.gov/eop/tables10.html
    6. Charitable contributions rose 57% faster than inflation. Dinesh D’Souza, “Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary May Became an Extraordinary Leader,” p. 116
trickle-down economics, my ass. It didn't work. The guy was a social moron, as well, and he started our downward slide that continues until this day. He was largely responsible for setting the stage that has resulted in the two thuggish whores being in the White House today. Common trash.

Let's check....

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

trickle-down economics, my ass. It didn't work. The guy was a social moron, as well, and he started our downward slide that continues until this day. He was largely responsible for setting the stage that has resulted in the two thuggish whores being in the White House today. Common trash.

Clean off your specs, old timer.....

I know you're as dumb as asphalt, but these are the facts:
In The End of Prosperity, supply side guru Art Laffer and Wall Street Journal chief financial writer Steve Moore point out that this Reagan recovery grew into a 25-year boom, with just slight interruptions by shallow, short recessions in 1990 and 2001. They wrote:

"We call this period, 1982-2007, the twenty-five year boom-the greatest period of wealth creation in the history of the planet. In 1980, the net worth-assets minus liabilities-of all U.S. households and business ... was $25 trillion in today's dollars. By 2007, ... net worth was just shy of $57 trillion. Adjusting for inflation, more wealth was created in America in the twenty-five year boom than in the previous two hundred years."
http://theccpp.org/2011/05/reaganomics-vs-obamanomics-facts-and-figures-1.html

Really hurts, huh?

Excellent.....ignorance should be painful.

Let's check....

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

In The End of Prosperity, supply side guru Art Laffer and Wall Street Journal chief financial writer Steve Moore point out that this Reagan recovery grew into a 25-year boom, with just slight interruptions by shallow, short recessions in 1990 and 2001. They wrote:

"We call this period, 1982-2007, the twenty-five year boom-the greatest period of wealth creation in the history of the planet. In 1980, the net worth-assets minus liabilities-of all U.S. households and business ... was $25 trillion in today's dollars. By 2007, ... net worth was just shy of $57 trillion. Adjusting for inflation, more wealth was created in America in the twenty-five year boom than in the previous two hundred years."

Really hurts, huh?

I'm not ignorant, so I don't know what you are talking about. Anyone who quotes Ann Coulter and Dinesh D'Souza doesn't have much in the way of brain cells, anyway.

Reaganomics failed. Now take the pig's name off the airport.

Let's check....

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

Really hurts, huh?

I'm not ignorant, so I don't know what you are talking about. Anyone who quotes Ann Coulter and Dinesh D'Souza doesn't have much in the way of brain cells, anyway.

Reaganomics failed. Now take the pig's name off the airport.

I just love your vid...

Forum List

Back