Congress Approved $2.4 Trillion In Additional Debt During Fiscal Year 2018: Watchdog

Every Budget Clinton & Obama signed Lowered the Deficit. Every one Trump signed & most Bush signed Increased the Deficit!
Big fucking deal they lowered the deficit while increasing the debt just like every other president since Coolidge

The only way to decrease the debt is to lower the deficits to the point that they become a surplus. This will not happen in a single year, it will be a process. But if every time we start to shrink deficits they get blown up again then we are fucked

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

we have seen that surpluses do not decrease debt

Clinton ran a surplus but did not use one cent of that surplus to pay down the debt principle
You Repubtards LIE, LIE, LIE!!! Clinton Reduced the Debt $113,875,000.000 from Q3/1999 to Q4/2000. The Debt remained below 1999 level until Q3/2001 under Buuussshhhh & Repubtard House & Senate!!!
fredgraph.png
who lies?

And I'll tell you again that I am not a republican

Which President Increased U.S. Debt the Most?

the total debt principle increased by 1.4 trillion over Clinton's 2 terms therefore he did NOT reduce the debt he ADDED TO IT

Every Budget Clinton & Obama signed Lowered the Deficit. Every one Trump signed & most Bush signed Increased the Deficit!
Big fucking deal they lowered the deficit while increasing the debt just like every other president since Coolidge

The only way to decrease the debt is to lower the deficits to the point that they become a surplus. This will not happen in a single year, it will be a process. But if every time we start to shrink deficits they get blown up again then we are fucked

Clinton ran a surplus but did not use one cent of that surplus to pay down the debt principle
You Repubtards LIE, LIE, LIE!!! Clinton Reduced the Debt $113,875,000.000 from Q3/1999 to Q4/2000. The Debt remained below 1999 level until Q3/2001 under Buuussshhhh & Repubtard House & Senate!!!
fredgraph.png
who lies?

And I'll tell you again that I am not a republican

Which President Increased U.S. Debt the Most?

the total debt principle increased by 1.4 trillion over Clinton's 2 terms therefore he did NOT reduce the debt he ADDED TO IT

from your link>

Deja vu all over again — the Donald
Here’s what G. H. W. Bush saw back in 1980: “A big difference that the governor [Reagan] and I have regards his tax cut. He feels that

1. you can cut taxes by $70 billion the first year and still
  2. balance the budget and
  3. increase defense spending.”
Trump’s September-2016 economic plan would:

1. Cut taxes $440 billion per year
  2. balance the budget and
  3. increase defense spending.

A lot of administrations have done this

WHY do we not 'get' the math. and buy into voodoo economics is indicative of blind faith in governance

~S~

My math:

674 + 222 = 896

Golfing Gator's math:

674 + 222 = 1271

Now you not only use made up numbers for your math, you lie about my numbers. You make a great Trump worshiper.

Here is my math.

Total debt on 1 Oct 2017:$20,244,900,016,053
Total debt on 30 Sept 2018:$21,516,058,183,180

$21,516,058,183,180-$20,244,900,016,053=$1,271,158,167,127.

That number is the deficit for FY-18. $1,271,158,167,127

The problem once again is that you are incapable of doing any calculations that involve more than 3 digits.

It was the start of the process, he ran a surplus for a year, maybe depending on how you do the math. Then it all went to hell again.
and not one cent of that surplus was used to pay down the debt principle it doesn't matter if a surplus is run or not no one gives a shit abut the debt

Once again, if there was a surplus it was there for less than a year, not really time to get started.

People care about the debt, just not people like you and those you vote for.
Who did I vote for?

and FYI Clinton had 2 fiscal years that showed a surplus and a good chunk of that was from Social security taxes being counted as entries in the general fund because at that time SS taxes were exceeding payments

And history disagrees with you since not one red cent has been paid on debt principle since Coolidge was in office and people keep voting for politicians who run up the debt how in the hell do you even begin to think that anyone cares about the debt when their actions say otherwise

I agree there are not many of us that care, but there are a few.

China posts record trade surplus with the US in September, Beijing says

China recorded a record trade surplus of $34.13 billion with the U.S. in September amid intense trade tensions between the world's two largest economies.

For January-September, China's trade surplus with the United States was $225.79 billion, compared with about $196.01 billion in the same period last year, Reuters calculations showed.

Overall, China's dollar-denominated September exports surged 14.5 percent from a year ago, beating a Reuters analyst poll forecasting 8.9 percent growth in the same period. In August, Chinese exports grew 9.8 percent from a year ago.

If Trump imposes tariffs on an additional $267 billion of Chinese imports into his country, the Asian powerhouse's exposure to the U.S. market would only be 2 percent of its total industrial production, according to a study by Zhang.

So China's "focus now is to try to retain supply chains that support the rest of the world" that make up 25 percent of the country's total industrial production,

It was the start of the process, he ran a surplus for a year, maybe depending on how you do the math. Then it all went to hell again.
and not one cent of that surplus was used to pay down the debt principle it doesn't matter if a surplus is run or not no one gives a shit abut the debt
There was a surplus and then Bush gave it to the people instead of using it to pay down the debt.

That's funny
No, it’s sad. It demonstrates what a loser Bush was.

There was a surplus and then Bush gave it to the people instead of using it to pay down the debt.

That's funny

Yeah god forbid the people get their own money back so the fucking government can't waste it

That's funny

Yeah god forbid the people get their own money back so the fucking government can't waste it
Or better yet, use it to pay down the debt.

That's funny

Better yet, force them to control their spending (of OUR money).

My math:

674 + 222 = 896

Golfing Gator's math:

674 + 222 = 1271
should we ask the Corps of Engineers for a special battalion of mathematical engineers?

That would be easier than getting a Trump sheep to quit lying
You're saying the CBO is lying? Everyone who shows facts you don't like must be lying. That's your argument.
https://www.cbo.gov/system/files?file=2018-09/54442-MBR.pdf
No, you’re lying. You’re trying to conflate the budget deficit with the total deficit. And no one is fooled by your lie.

That's funny

No it's always better of people keep their own money because the idiot politicians have proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that they cannot responsibly handle money

That's funny

We get it, in your world the Government owns all of the money and we should just be happy with what they allow us to keep. It's the spending stupid.

That's funny

We get it, in your world the Government owns all of the money and we should just be happy with what they allow us to keep. It's the spending stupid.
Dumbfuck, I never said they own all the money. You demonstrate just how crazy rightards can be.

That's funny

Dumbfuck, I never said they own all the money. You demonstrate just how crazy rightards can be.

No, I demonstrated your stupidity when it comes to tax policy. In your pointy little head the Gov can take whatever they want, you do indeed think they own the money.

No, I demonstrated your stupidity when it comes to tax policy. In your pointy little head the Gov can take whatever they want, you do indeed think they own the money.
Dumbfuck, the government can take whatever they want to pay for our debts, national defense and general welfare of the nation... here’s a snippet from something you may never have seen before...

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts...

.... show me where it puts a limit on how much the government can tax us...?

Gatorboy is .saying the CBO is lying. Everyone who shows facts he doesn't like must be lying. That's his argument.

The CBO is giving an estimate, my numbers are to the dollar and are given by the Treasury Department.

One more time for the ethically challenged...

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

The total US debt at the start of FY-18
upload_2018-10-14_15-3-35.png

The total US debt at the end of FY-18
upload_2018-10-14_15-4-13.png

For those that cannot add or subtract more than 3 digits, that is a difference of $1,271,158,167,126.70 (or 1.27 trillion for those too stupid to read a number that big, or in other words for SJ)

My math:

674 + 222 = 896

Golfing Gator's math:

674 + 222 = 1271
should we ask the Corps of Engineers for a special battalion of mathematical engineers?

That would be easier than getting a Trump sheep to quit lying
You're saying the CBO is lying? Everyone who shows facts you don't like must be lying. That's your argument.
No, you’re lying. You’re trying to conflate the budget deficit with the total deficit. And no one is fooled by your lie.
No, I'm talking about the INCREASE in the deficit. You're trying to assign blame to Trump for Obama's deficit. The INCREASE was only $222 billion (more accurately $154 billion) and the increase in GDP growth is more than enough to offset that. You and Gatorboy have a problem accepting that FACT, so your only option is to keep ignoring my point (and my link containing the FACTS). You're the liar, pal.

Forum List

Back