Congressman Grimm to Resign Tomorrow

Try to find a restaurant owner on Staten Is. who doesn't evade taxes. Thanks to democrat administrations who are set on ruining the former "empire state" the only way you can survive in NY is to evade taxes or become a democrat or hire a high priced lawyer that charges more than the tax penalty is worth. For some perspective, the democrat party once gave a standing ovation to a congressman who returned to duty after being convicted of raping a male congressional intern.

Yes, let the butthurt flow you. Let the excuses begin, many thousands of them.

How about this Salice clown, third ranking member of GOP having that video of him surfacing where he's giving a speech to K K K?

really, the KKK. so he was speaking to Democrats?
he forgot the NAACP, LARAZA, etc. he should be hung from the highest tree

Surely, in a parallel universe somewhere, that made sense. But not here in our Universe.

Republicans see tax evasion as their patriotic duty, I am surprised the guy resigned.
Al Sharpton hasn't.
When was Sharpton elected to congress?
Sharpton is far more dangerous walking the streets of America than is Grimm walking the halls of Congress. :slap:
That is a matter of opinion, but Sharpton is not the topic at hand. The topic is a guy who refused to drop his run for office in the face of an indictment and is now probably going to cost his state a fair sum to hold a special election to replace him before he was even sworn in. What an egomaniac this guy must be.
So the guy is a shithead. And? If he were a Democrat you'd be making excuses all over the place.
We'll never know because he's a Republican.

Al Sharpton hasn't.
Sharpton is far more dangerous walking the streets of America than is Grimm walking the halls of Congress. :slap:
That is a matter of opinion, but Sharpton is not the topic at hand. The topic is a guy who refused to drop his run for office in the face of an indictment and is now probably going to cost his state a fair sum to hold a special election to replace him before he was even sworn in. What an egomaniac this guy must be.
So the guy is a shithead. And? If he were a Democrat you'd be making excuses all over the place.
Damn right they would. I mean, they defend former KKK Bob Byrd.
You mean the dead guy that conservative West Virginia kept electing to the Senate?

Probably not, why do you feel the need to defend him?
Show me where I did.
When are you calling for Charlie Rangel, Alcee Hastings, or Chaka Fattah to resign?
When were they indicted on felony tax fraud?
So the standard now is "indicted"?
In this country....it should be, don't you think?

Try to find a restaurant owner on Staten Is. who doesn't evade taxes. Thanks to democrat administrations who are set on ruining the former "empire state" the only way you can survive in NY is to evade taxes or become a democrat or hire a high priced lawyer that charges more than the tax penalty is worth. For some perspective, the democrat party once gave a standing ovation to a congressman who returned to duty after being convicted of raping a male congressional intern.

The only excuses you don't like are the ones for an R. You suck up the D ones.

Anyway, Grimm strikes me as one of the biggest assholes in Washington (and THAT is saying something) but if he is the one the constituency wants representing them, then I don't think he should resign. If that's who they want, then they should endure the embarrassment that is Grimm for his full term.
370486-114731.jpg

^^^ He died earlier this year in a tractor accident.

Traficant was my rep when I lived in Y'town for a while in the 90s.... he was a dick.

When were they indicted on felony tax fraud?
So the standard now is "indicted"?
What is your standard? Unsubstantiated rumor?
Smidgen of corruption.
Somehow I doubt that you apply that high standard equally across all party lines. Being indicted for a crime is good enough proof to me the congressman has to go and I can promise you right now that I would not be caught dead on a thread trying to deflect attention from a democrat indicted on similar charges.
A prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich. Indictment means nothing legally.
So much for Officer Wilson, eh?

The only excuses you don't like are the ones for an R. You suck up the D ones.

Actually, no. You don't no me well enough to know that. Only, I don't do relativism. Unlike Conservative children, I concentrate myself on one topic at a time and then discuss it like an adult.

Damn right they would. I mean, they defend former KKK Bob Byrd.
You mean the dead guy that conservative West Virginia kept electing to the Senate?
I mean the dead KKK member that the establishment Democratic Party made their party leader in the Senate.

Why a Crooked Staten Island Republican Abandoned Congress - Yahoo News

Ahh yes Jesse Jackson JR. all you dems remind us what you thought of him running and winning reelection just to resign after conviction?

Actually, when that happened, I was one of the first to call for the sonofabitch to resign. Only, we didn't know each other then.

But the real question is: why are Righties so hooked on relativism? Why are they so like little children and cannot focus on one topic at a time without going totally apoplectic??

"Mommy, mommy, that mean old liberal man didn't rag on all those bad liberal men, I hate him...."

Geez. Get a life. Or two.

Ahh yes Jesse Jackson JR. all you dems remind us what you thought of him running and winning reelection just to resign after conviction?

Actually, when that happened, I was one of the first to call for the sonofabitch to resign. Only, we didn't know each other then.

But the real question is: why are Righties so hooked on relativism? Why are they so like little children and cannot focus on one topic at a time without going totally apoplectic??

"Mommy, mommy, that mean old liberal man didn't rag on all those bad liberal men, I hate him...."

Actually what you are attempting to do is exactly what all liberals do, make a claim that if a right winger complains it is wrong, while allowing the left to do it unmolested. My personal opinion is that any criminal should have to resign. My complaint here is that the left is being selective. They did NOT complain about any lefty doing exactly the same thing, in fact they poo pooed those of us that complained. And the unlike the Republican leadership which actively worked to get this republican to resign, Pelosi wanted to promote her bad apples and said so where she could be quoted saying it.

By the way? Remind me who said " elections have consequences." and what his opinion is of the 2014 election now?

Actually what you are attempting to do is exactly what all liberals do, make a claim that if a right winger complains it is wrong, while allowing the left to do it unmolested. My personal opinion is that any criminal should have to resign. My complaint here is that the left is being selective. They did NOT complain about any lefty doing exactly the same thing, in fact they poo pooed those of us that complained. And the unlike the Republican leadership which actively worked to get this republican to resign, Pelosi wanted to promote her bad apples and said so where she could be quoted saying it.

By the way? Remind me who said " elections have consequences." and what his opinion is of the 2014 election now?

Let's see, you are so disperse, I have to work a little harder to come down to your level.

Ok.

I am not saying that if you complain, it is wrong. I am saying that Righties love to relativize and bellyache and well, it makes them look like kids.

Elections always have consequences. The GOP captured the Senate in 2014, as I predicted. In fact, I was the very first member here to do that, way back on January 14th, 2014. So, your point?

No, go scamper off and play with your ken and barbie dolls or whatever.

Let's see, you are so disperse, I have to work a little harder to come down to your level.

Ok.

I am not saying that if you complain, it is wrong. I am saying that Righties love to relativize and bellyache and well, it makes them look like kids.

Elections always have consequences. The GOP captured the Senate in 2014, as I predicted. In fact, I was the very first member here to do that, way back on January 14th, 2014. So, your point?

Yet not ONCE have you noted the same to a lefty doing it, NOT ONCE. Pretty damn selective of you.

Ok.

Yet not ONCE have you noted the same to a lefty doing it, NOT ONCE. Pretty damn selective of you.

Sure I have. But I was not here yet. So, tough shit for you. Yet another Rightie child who desperately needs a tu quoque fallacy pill in order to get out of bed in the morning.

its the ol' Repub-voter "yabut" defense. Don't fall for it.

Forum List

Back