Congressmen Seek to Add Sexual Orientation to Census

I've never understood the hysteria about the census.

Why is having accurate demographic information about the population of this country so repulsive to you guys?

Hitler wanted accurate demographic information, too.

:lol:

Nice Godwin. I bet Hitler liked chocolate, too.

Oh, NOW it's Godwin?...lol. That's hillarious, dude.

Stalin wanted Demographic information; so did Pol Pot, Mao and Ho.

Making ridiculous Hitler comparisons in weak attempts to replace logic with hysterical emotion has always been "Godwin". Changing the name to other historical dictators doesn't make it any less of failure of an argument.

The Hitler comparisons I make actually make sense. I'm not like one the dumbass Liberals that screams, "fascist", without a clue of what fascism is.

No, they sure don't, clown.

The fact that Hilter "wanted Demographic information" doesn't make demographic information bad any more than the fact that Hitler liked chocolate would make chocolate bad. Hitler wore pants, too - does that make wearing pants bad?

Hitler wanted accurate demographic information, too.

Making ridiculous Hitler comparisons in weak attempts to replace logic with hysterical emotion has always been "Godwin". Changing the name to other historical dictators doesn't make it any less of failure of an argument.

The Hitler comparisons I make actually make sense. I'm not like one the dumbass Liberals that screams, "fascist", without a clue of what fascism is.

The fact that Hilter "wanted Demographic information" doesn't make demographic information bad any more than the fact that Hitler liked chocolate would make chocolate bad. Hitler wore pants, too - does that make wearing pants bad?

Demographic information is absolutely irrelevant. Prior to 1865, The United States wanted wanted demographic information to distinguish between slave and free.

What possible purpose can this serve? What business is it of the government who you sleep with? The Census was created for Congressional district apportionment and nothing more. 90% of the information on it is completely unnecessary.

One such letter, being circulated by Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) is seeking "support for expanded data collection by the Census Bureau on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals."

Census data does not contain the names of respondents so there is no privacy issue. Having more accurate data as opposed to guesses, can be helpful to people doing research.

Demographic information is absolutely irrelevant. Prior to 1865, The United States wanted wanted demographic information to distinguish between slave and free.

You don't think it's helpful to understand how the population of this country is made up?

Why is having accurate demographic information about the population of this country so repulsive to you guys?
Because it serves no purpose, other than for fucked up control freaks...

What exactly is it that you're so afraid of?
It's not being afraid, it's just a waste of time, money and resources. But that's the life story of fucked up control freaks that is the federal government.

It's not being afraid, it's just a waste of time, money and resources. But that's the life story of fucked up control freaks that is the federal government.

You know the census is in the Constitution, right?

What possible purpose can this serve? What business is it of the government who you sleep with? The Census was created for Congressional district apportionment and nothing more. 90% of the information on it is completely unnecessary.

One such letter, being circulated by Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) is seeking "support for expanded data collection by the Census Bureau on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals."

To get a total how many mentally ill people are in America?

Used to be just basic, now they want to do all this extra horseshit that the country has no time money or patience for…

Used to be just basic, now they want to do all this extra horseshit that the country has no time money or patience for…

How much more do you think it costs to print the additional questions on the form?

Having real data as opposed to guesses serves many purpose. For example, before a community spends $200,000 on unisex restrooms, knowing the number of transgender people in the community is important information. It's also important to medical researchers doing studies involving gender, marketing and advertising, and private and government research.

Having real data as opposed to guesses serves many purpose. For example, before a community spends $200,000 on unisex restrooms, knowing the number of transgender people in the community is important information. It's also important to medical researchers doing studies involving gender, marketing and advertising, and private and government research.
...and fucked up social values LOL

As in most thing the Goverment wants its none of their damn business,
The census just collects numbers, statistics. There is no identification with the household that provides the numbers. I don't see anything wrong with knowing the facts as long as personal privacy is protected.

How is this controversial? It seems to be basic demographic information and, hopefully, will shed real light on questions we have had regarding the % of the population that these individuals make up. It has been "taboo" to even approach this topic as basic demographic information in the past (as it was outright outlawed), but, if allowed on the census, can give us real scientific inquiry onto the topic without having to shovel thousands or millions of dollars into a scientific study that would be much more limited in scope.

You say that the information on it is completely unnecessary...how so? It is recognized as the most reliable source of demographic information for our nation. You want to know how the minority populations are doing? You go to the census. You want to look at overall educational attainment levels? You go to the census. You want to get information on household incomes or sizes? You go to the census. You want to look at the age dispersion of the population? You go to the census. The census has uses not only for the government, but is a primary source of information for everything from basic scientific research to economical studies to business advertisement. The more information you have on the demographics of the population, the better, in my opinion.

Forum List

Back