Conservatism Run Amok

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Is America more or less conservative now than in the past? Would think with a Democrat for President, less. And yet, tv reflects where the nation is ideologically. Take "Happy Days" (1974-1984.) Very first episode, and in some manner, every episode thereafter, the lead character 'The Fonz' unhooks a teenaged girl's bra with a snap of his fingers. Try showing that today. Parents would chase you up the nearest tree and set fire to it. But back then, it was 'cool.'

If the 1950s were so clean cut, how do we explain "Happy Days?" In the same period, (1977-1981) we also had "Eight Is Enough." And "Laverne & Shirley" (1976–1983) whose opening credits show a guy giving himself a hickey with a vaccum cleaner. Sex obsessed if you ask me.

Conservatives can't seem to give a speech these days without invoking the phrase, "Return to family values." Which family's values? The one with 8 kids, or the one where they're all trying to get each other naked? Not then, but further back you say? Oh like "Leave It to Beaver " (1958–1963) where 'Beaver' finds an antique pipe and with his friend Lumpy they smoke it? Or the one about the older son 'Wally' shaving, getting caught, and then getting a shave at the barber shop with his father as some kind of 'scared straight' lesson (barber mentions quietly to his father he's only shaving off the shaving cream.) That's the 50s idea of a controversial subject? Or the one showing the wife in full going-out regalia happy vaccuming the house? As an aside, why do those sorta commercials, and even ones today show women all dressed up to do housework, and show them smiling away like they couldn't be happier about it?

If conservatives want traditional family values, we should begin by asking them what it is they want to return to exactly? Women to be sex objects to be manipulated into undressing or being happy housewives, where everyone smokes, everyone drinks, and everyone's married and the wife couldn't be happier about getting all dressed up before cleaning the house?

Those family values?

Is America more or less conservative now than in the past? Would think with a Democrat for President, less. And yet, tv reflects where the nation is ideologically. Take "Happy Days" (1974-1984.) Very first episode, and in some manner, every episode thereafter, the lead character 'The Fonz' unhooks a teenaged girl's bra with a snap of his fingers. Try showing that today. Parents would chase you up the nearest tree and set fire to it. But back then, it was 'cool.'

If the 1950s were so clean cut, how do we explain "Happy Days?" In the same period, (1977-1981) we also had "Eight Is Enough." And "Laverne & Shirley" (1976–1983) whose opening credits show a guy giving himself a hickey with a vaccum cleaner. Sex obsessed if you ask me.

Conservatives can't seem to give a speech these days without invoking the phrase, "Return to family values." Which family's values? The one with 8 kids, or the one where they're all trying to get each other naked? Not then, but further back you say? Oh like "Leave It to Beaver " (1958–1963) where 'Beaver' finds an antique pipe and with his friend Lumpy they smoke it? Or the one about the older son 'Wally' shaving, getting caught, and then getting a shave at the barber shop with his father as some kind of 'scared straight' lesson (barber mentions quietly to his father he's only shaving off the shaving cream.) That's the 50s idea of a controversial subject? Or the one showing the wife in full going-out regalia happy vaccuming the house? As an aside, why do those sorta commercials, and even ones today show women all dressed up to do housework, and show them smiling away like they couldn't be happier about it?

If conservatives want traditional family values, we should begin by asking them what it is they want to return to exactly? Women to be sex objects to be manipulated into undressing or being happy housewives, where everyone smokes, everyone drinks, and everyone's married and the wife couldn't be happier about getting all dressed up before cleaning the house?

Those family values?
LIBTARDS have been active forever. Doing the devil's work.

They want to go back to the good ole days, when a darkie knew his place and it wasn't in the WHITE House. Back to the good ole days when women honored and obeyed their husbands without question. When the white male had all of the advantages handed to him and he had carte blanche to do basically as he wished.

They want to go back to the good ole days, when a darkie knew his place and it wasn't in the WHITE House. Back to the good ole days when women honored and obeyed their husbands without question. When the white male had all of the advantages handed to him and he had carte blanche to do basically as he wished.
Your knowledge of history must come from Rachel Maddow shows.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

Owww....do we see a disgruntled black thug liberal posting, or just a disgruntled white liberal with issues?

Not surprising that RWs have to insult instead of addressing the issue.

The "traditional family values" they SAY they want really don't exist. Further, those who SAY they live those values actually do not.

Its a fraud.

The "darkies" place is rignt next to us. They just need to put down the drugs & stop being coddled when the act like idiots.

No. It comes from experience.

How much experience can you have at age 14?

The problem with progressives is that they rely on cliches and hollywood sit-coms for their sense of history. It's interesting that democrats never use the phrase "family values" because they have none. What's the opposite of family values in the brave new world of liberalism? I shudder to think about it.

Ask Jesus. :)

Luddly was right. Since you and your ilk have nothing else, all you have left to do is to resort to insults. Actually, I am surprised it took you so many threads to get there.

Luddly was right. Since you and your ilk have nothing else, all you have left to do is to resort to insults. Actually, I am surprised it took you so many threads to get there.
Your absurd responses and distortion of anything resembling history make you fair game for insults and ridicule, big nose.

The op is an insult. Gfy

Those family values?

I have not heard a family values speech from a conservative in years. That is, except for Palin. But she does not count due to her trailer park sensibilities. She is a fucking nut.

I am not saying that there are no conservatives out there advocating family values, just that I am not hearing it. I suspect that the RNC has decided to not push that part of their platform so hard. There may be some evangelicals harping on it. But, I kind of just tune them out. I am much more concerned with fiscal policy and national security matters.

People like Delta and me do not want others passing judgment on what we do behind closed doors. You have no authority or mandate to influence or control what Delta and I, two consenting adults, decide to do. For example, Delta and I may decide that we would like to grease each other up and then give each other a nice, relaxing massage. Maybe someone gets erect during the massage....a completely involuntary biological thing. It is just being a bro and doing a solid to take care of it for the other. It does not mean that Delta and I are gay; it just means that we are confident enough in who we are as men that we can give a handy J to each other and not feel weird about it.

Delta and I are not uptight about this shit like most of you are. We both know that 2 dudes can hang and have a meaningful political discussion, even if we have fingers inserted in each other during the discussion. That does not matter. It has no bearing on anything. The whole "family values" thing is misplaced in a political discussion.

Lighten up!

Forum List

Back