Conservative and Conservation

If you disagree then you are a dumbass.

Conservatives by definition are those that are resistant to change and whose views are based on historical norms.

:lol:

Nice comprehension fail skippy. :thup:

I know that's what the definition means, but it doesn't come anywhere close to describing the political platform of today's so-called conservatives. Are you going to tell me that today's Liberals conform to the dictionary definition of liberal? If so, you're the dumbass buddy. No offense.
Silly response that shows you how naive you are as to the sentiments of the true conservative politicians out there.
Even you used the term "so called" conservative politicians.

True conservatives do not see the "so called" conservatives as conservatives.

I'm not sure where your antagonism comes from since from where I'm sitting we are in agreement.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

The only true conservative politician of any stature today is Ron Paul. And his stature is nothing to write home about either.

The only true conservative politician of any stature today is Ron Paul. And his stature is nothing to write home about either.

well, gary johnson has an 8 year proven track record of executive leadership.......

i like paul, but being one voice in the house means most of his ideas are never given a chance to be proven.......

Its not ironic at all.

Well, that is if you understand why conservatives are referred to as conservatives.

Conservative does not mean the opposite of liberal from an ideological standpoint.....it means wanting to CONSERVE the way it was (is).....

The way it was (is) when?

Silly, baiting question. Not worthy of an answer.....other than the answer of "that is a silly baiting question and not worthy of an answer"

So in other words, you can't answer the silly, baiting question.

I disagree. IMO it's that understanding that makes it ironic as fuck.

Conservatives by definition are those that are resistant to change and whose views are based on historical norms.

I know that's what the definition means, but it doesn't come anywhere close to describing the political platform of today's so-called conservatives. Are you going to tell me that today's Liberals conform to the dictionary definition of liberal? If so, you're the dumbass buddy. No offense.

The discussion wasn't about liberals it was about conservatives.

Your deflection failed nancy.

I disagree. My deflection knocked you clean into next week. Obviously.

But by all means, go ahead and name a few politicians whose platforms, in your opinion, conform to the dictionary definition of conservatism you cited. I dare you. :lol:

And, it's fun watching the idiots who do put "Cons" into a single box get surprised when the person doesn't fit their assumptions.

Says the idiot who puts "Libs" into a single box and then gets surprised when the person doesn't fit her assumptions. :lol:

so national healthcare (south korea and germany), massive entitlement programs (south korea and germany) and gay marriage (germany) are now examples of conservative countries?

There's your bright future up north

images

Way to ignore the point that punched you in the face. :lol:

It's on the differences between Progressive Failures and Conservative success. That no one on the planet has a perfectly Conservative government is not the issue.

Lights out, Prog

Last edited:
so national healthcare (south korea and germany), massive entitlement programs (south korea and germany) and gay marriage (germany) are now examples of conservative countries?

There's your bright future up north

images

yes, south korea is constantly progressing forward (liberalism) while north korea is maintaining their old ways of doing things (conservatism)........

Lies.

But what's a Prog to do when confronted with the 100% Fail Rate of their economic and political ideology?

But by all means, go ahead and name a few politicians whose platforms, in your opinion, conform to the dictionary definition of conservatism you cited. I dare you. :lol:

Don't flatter yourself nancy.

Conservatism is protean and there are many politicians that have conservative values, ie.

•Traditional family values and the sanctity of marriage
•A small, non-invasive government
•A strong national defense focused on protection and the fight against terrorism
•A commitment to faith and religion
•The right to life for every human being

The way it was (is) when?

Silly, baiting question. Not worthy of an answer.....other than the answer of "that is a silly baiting question and not worthy of an answer"

So in other words, you can't answer the silly, baiting question.

Actually, I know YOU can for it is plain and simple and I will not you play your silly little baiting games with me....as you do with other people.

Now, if you would like to treat your being so transparent as an issue that I have....so be it.

But I will not set you up to take my answer, spin it, and respond so you can have your childish fun.

Sorry bro. Not into it.

Conservatism is protean and there are many politicians that have conservative values, ie.

•A strong national defense focused on protection and the fight against terrorism

So you can't name a single one. Exactly as I anticipated. :thup:

And furthermore, which of those bullet points stems from the definition you cited? I count exactly zero.

Keep fail'n buddy, it's always a hoot. :lol:

It's quite ironic that they share the same root word.

Can anybody tell us why?

Ironic but not surprising that the democrat party uses the dumb ass as it's logo. Conservatives and pro 2nd Amendment hunters and sportsmen were promoting conservation while democrats were fouling the world with atomic testing and "better living through chemistry".

Way to ignore the point that punched you in the face. :lol:

It's on the differences between Progressive Failures and Conservative success. That no one on the planet has a perfectly Conservative government issue.

Light out, Prog

The point was that the "conservative successes" you cited are far more progressive than the US has ever been.

No, the point was the stark contrast between 2 nations sharing real estate but one goes Progressive and the other stays more Conservative.

I could add Haiti and the Dominican Republic to the list too. One is a Progressive Hellhole (redundant, I know) where 1 million people ARE STILL LIVING IN TENTS and the other is paradise in comparison

Actually.....none.

That doesnt mean that there are not candidates that have more conservative values and ideas than others...but NO politician can win an election as a pure conservative.

We are a nation that is very much in the middle.

No candidate can win being 100% liberal as well......many say Obama is...I dont...hge is a liberal that is willing to compromise in an effort to get the moderate vote....

Well...conservative politicians must ALSO compromise to get the moderate vote..

But you know that already....so I dont quite understand the reason for this discussion.....

Or do you think it would be wise for a conservative candidate to JUST appeal to the conservative voter? How on earth can he/she win?

Manifold's name is Nancy?

These are directly contradictory. The first is social conservatism, the second is constitutional conservatism.

That's in direct contrast to fiscal conservatism.

So no atheists are allowed in your idea of some sort of Conservative Club?

If that means abolishing abortion, that is in direct contrast to small government ideals and has constitutional issues.

YOUR box is YOUR box. It has little to do with a lot of folks who are labeled "Cons".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back