"Conservatives" aren't as popular as they thought.

What do you think, cereal_killer ? Have you enjoyed the replies to your OP? What percentage of respondents do you think actually read the article and are aware of who you support for POTUS?
I thought he/she favored the Donald?

That is correct. I clearly wasn't referring to you.

Most people here know CK is a Trump supporter.

and Trump is no conservative ... may be the point of the thread.

This article is so rich. I've been saying the same thing albeit no where near as good :) Great article and a must read for everyone.

How an obscure adviser to Pat Buchanan predicted the wild Trump campaign in 1996

Ronald Reagan was pretty popular actually
I think that's the point. The gop is no longer the party of Reagan. His quote about protecting the 1%. I don't worry about the rich too much because they seem to be able to look after themselves.

But, trying to apply Reagan econ policy today should not be encouraged. Our tax policy is about 180degrees from 1976, and our fiscal situation is about that as well.

Tax reform, unleash our energy sector, cut Regulations, shrink the size of government generally. We are spending ourselves into oblivion
Well yeah, but building a wall, expanding federal courts to deport all the illegals, which would equal the cost of the war on drugs, registering muslims isn't exactly small govt. There's no way to have a single page tax return w/o doing away with middle class tax goodies, but Trump isn't acknowledging it. We aren't short of oil or natl gas.

Regulations? Some regulations are necessary to make private markets transparent, e.g. mortgage market. Some regulations are necessary for health, e.g. Flint. Trump is at best, incoherent.

I'll agree the powers that control the gop don't like him. But then neither do the powers that would fight regulations that fail to do what regulations should do, and instead cloud market transparency. That's a direct reference to the Kochs. I see more demigod than market reformer ... so far. But, I am sure that my state of Miss will go for Donald and Hillary in the primary.

Nobody is saying to register Americans. I'm not sure where you get that from. We need most immigration suspended right now. Immigrants are working Americans citizen aren't .sealing the boarder is not that hard actually the law is already in place, but these crony politicians ignore it. Some Regulations is correct that's the key word isn't it? The establishment, crony capitalist, didn't like Reagan either.

What do you think, cereal_killer ? Have you enjoyed the replies to your OP? What percentage of respondents do you think actually read the article and are aware of who you support for POTUS?

What do you care? you're a radical leftist. Who cant wait to vote for the most corrupt politician ever to run for the presidency, and that's not the point of the article

This article is so rich. I've been saying the same thing albeit no where near as good :) Great article and a must read for everyone.

How an obscure adviser to Pat Buchanan predicted the wild Trump campaign in 1996

I think that's the point. The gop is no longer the party of Reagan. His quote about protecting the 1%. I don't worry about the rich too much because they seem to be able to look after themselves.

But, trying to apply Reagan econ policy today should not be encouraged. Our tax policy is about 180degrees from 1976, and our fiscal situation is about that as well.

Tax reform, unleash our energy sector, cut Regulations, shrink the size of government generally. We are spending ourselves into oblivion
Well yeah, but building a wall, expanding federal courts to deport all the illegals, which would equal the cost of the war on drugs, registering muslims isn't exactly small govt. There's no way to have a single page tax return w/o doing away with middle class tax goodies, but Trump isn't acknowledging it. We aren't short of oil or natl gas.

Regulations? Some regulations are necessary to make private markets transparent, e.g. mortgage market. Some regulations are necessary for health, e.g. Flint. Trump is at best, incoherent.

I'll agree the powers that control the gop don't like him. But then neither do the powers that would fight regulations that fail to do what regulations should do, and instead cloud market transparency. That's a direct reference to the Kochs. I see more demigod than market reformer ... so far. But, I am sure that my state of Miss will go for Donald and Hillary in the primary.

Nobody is saying to register Americans. I'm not sure where you get that from. We need most immigration suspended right now. Immigrants are working Americans citizen aren't .sealing the boarder is not that hard actually the law is already in place, but these crony politicians ignore it. Some Regulations is correct that's the key word isn't it? The establishment, crony capitalist, didn't like Reagan either.

Trump refused to say whether he'd entertain registering muslims and closing mosques. If he can't make his mind there, he's unsuitable for anything. I'd agree sealing the border is doable, but a wall isn't possible nor would it help. Deporting 10.5 people also isn't possible, without doubling or tripling the federal courts. I'd just like the Donald to stop pontificating and start actually making some sense about how he's gonna get this stuff done (beyond 'hiring really smart people")

Don't even try to compare the market theories of goldwater and Reagan to the Donald.

Not evident in this thread.

That's a pro Trump link he posted

I know. What makes you think I don't know that?

Trump refused to say whether he'd entertain registering muslims and closing mosques. If he can't make his mind there, he's unsuitable for anything. I'd agree sealing the border is doable, but a wall isn't possible nor would it help. Deporting 10.5 people also isn't possible, without doubling or tripling the federal courts. I'd just like the Donald to stop pontificating and start actually making some sense about how he's gonna get this stuff done (beyond 'hiring really smart people")

Don't even try to compare the market theories of goldwater and Reagan to the Donald

Most people began to support Trump for the border illegal issue that's what catapulted him to the top. The registering muslims is a scare tactic. I never said Trump's policies were Reaganesque , although a great America is, and im a Cruz supporter

That's a pro Trump link he posted

I know. What makes you think I don't know that?

:dunno:

Don't even try to compare the market theories of goldwater and Reagan to the Donald

Most people began to support Trump for the border illegal issue that's what catapulted him to the top. The registering muslims is a scare tactic. I never said Trump's policies were Reaganesque , although a great America is, and im a Cruz supporter
Well, if you want to upset the apple cart, and you want someone who actually knows what's in the cart and how it rolls, I'd say Cruz would be your man and not the Donald. In fact, the guys who own the apple cart prefer him to Cruz.

And a wall is certainly doable and would be helpful in many places, especially urban centers.

And if 10 million people can move here, they can be moved BACK.

And a wall is certainly doable and would be helpful in many places, especially urban centers.

Tell me how much deporting 10 million would cost and how many court appearances it'd take. Come on. Put up or stfd.

Tell me how much deporting 10 million would cost and how many court appearances it'd take. Come on. Put up or stfd.

No need to drag people out. You make it hard for them to live here. No Jobs for Illegals, no drivers licenses, no sanctuary cities, it's pretty simple actually.

anyone is conservative compared to what we have now, or in the dem on deck circle.

they should be worried that the rich people might take their ball and go home. the conservatives want to bring that dough back on shore. in other words atlas shrugged, the political socialist wannabes, and the liberals on this board are to blame for anything bad from now on. :)

No need to drag people out. You make it hard for them to live here. No Jobs for Illegals, no drivers licenses, no sanctuary cities, it's pretty simple actually.
Hey no argument from me there. Make it very difficult for them to get jobs, and to hire them. Make housing difficult. Make getting back their paid taxes impossible.

But The Donald is talking about a "deportation force" to round em up and ship em back. Anyone who thinks that's gonna happen, but up with where the courts and lawyers come from or stfd.

Donald Trump promises 'deportation force' to move 11M - CNNPolitics.com

What it means to be a populist --- is not just plain speaking and disregard for political correctness. It not the WAY you talk to folks..It's the details of what you say that convince folks you are working in their interests. It's touching their inner nerves about issues that have been swept under rug by BOTH parties.

Like frankly Healthcare... You may THINK there's been a HUGE debate about healthcare in this country over the past 8 years -- but the guy on the street sees all that as noise and blustering. And a FAILURE of BOTH parties to fix anything. They STILL can't get "affordable healthcare"..

Same thing everywhere you look.. Immigration, the culture wars, foreign policy -- citizens don't see anything getting fixed and instead they get daily political stupidity on display. There IS righteous anger.

Even the PARTIES are broken. You got a very NON-populist selection process. Especially with the top-down absolute control of the process on the Dem side.

But Trump is not a populist. He's an opportunist with no particular political spine. That's tapping into populist rhetoric. And worst -- he's dangerous. Because he only CLAIMS that "he will have the best people to figure out the details".. Problem with a boss tyrant like him is --- the "best people" will not STICK with him once he starts dictating solutions.

take 10 million people out of the economy and see what happens big shot....I dare you.

What it means to be a populist --- is not just plain speaking and disregard for political correctness. It not the WAY you talk to folks..It's the details of what you say that convince folks you are working in their interests. It's touching their inner nerves about issues that have been swept under rug by BOTH parties.

Like frankly Healthcare... You may THINK there's been a HUGE debate about healthcare in this country over the past 8 years -- but the guy on the street sees all that as noise and blustering. And a FAILURE of BOTH parties to fix anything. They STILL can't get "affordable healthcare"..

Same thing everywhere you look.. Immigration, the culture wars, foreign policy -- citizens don't see anything getting fixed and instead they get daily political stupidity on display. There IS righteous anger.

Even the PARTIES are broken. You got a very NON-populist selection process. Especially with the top-down absolute control of the process on the Dem side.

But Trump is not a populist. He's an opportunist with no particular political spine. That's tapping into populist rhetoric. And worst -- he's dangerous. Because he only CLAIMS that "he will have the best people to figure out the details".. Problem with a boss tyrant like him is --- the "best people" will not STICK with him once he starts dictating solutions.

dangerous indeed ... I watched Hannity interview him last night....

Hannity .. " IF there was a war, would you FINISH the war"

Trump .... I'm a peaceful person.

""""" WHEN I start a war, yes, I'll finish it """"

``````````````

Mr bomb the hell out of them peaceful person ... Mr when I start a war peaceful person....

Donnie is a scary guy and he doesn't know it.

As an FYI the National Repoop had the same opinions about Reagan. They are getting laughed at and will soon be a failed publication.

National Review: "Reagans image remains inchoate......at the outset of his campaign, his image is largely that of a role-playing actor __ pleasant on stage, but ill-equipped for the real world beyond the footlights. Reagan does not yet project the presidential image. He is not a serious man"

Ney York Times: Reagans candidacy is "patently ridiculous"

Harpers Magazine: That he should be regarded as a serious candidate for President is a shame and a embarrassment to the country at large to swallow

As an FYI the National Repoop had the same opinions about Reagan. They are getting laughed at and will soon be a failed publication.

National Review: "Reagans image remains inchoate......at the outset of his campaign, his image is largely that of a role-playing actor __ pleasant on stage, but ill-equipped for the real world beyond the footlights. Reagan does not yet project the presidential image. He is not a serious man"

Ney York Times: Reagans candidacy is "patently ridiculous"

Harpers Magazine: That he should be regarded as a serious candidate for President is a shame and a embarrassment to the country at large to swallow

They were prophetic.

Conservatives main concern has always been the spending, deficit, and national debt. (proving conclusively that GW was NOT a conservative)
But, but, but, would not that also prove St Ronnie was NOT a CON$ervative?
Why yes, yes it would!

Forum List

Back