Conservatives,Let's Compare First Five Years Into The Bush Years To Obama's First 5.

Stop sniffing the glue. The recession of 2007 was the largest economic downturn since the Great Depression. You folks are insane and just proved you have absolutely no concept of economics.
Go ahead and find one non-partisan economist who would agree with you! Good fuckin luck with that!:lol:

follow your own advice and stop sniffing. the glue. or whatever you are sniffing.

The recession of 2008 ( not 2007 ) was a burst of housing bubble creation of which is a dems responsibility 85% and 100% responsibility of resisting in prevention of the bubble to burst

Posted like a loyal ideologue.
The recession in 2007 was mainly driven by the actions of the Federal Reserve for lowering interest rates to ridiculous low rates.. As far as political parties, both also own some it. The GOP passed Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005 through committee despite Democrats resistance but never brought it for vote on the senate floor even though the GOP had the control of the Senate. Who can forget the 2004 GOP Platform with the Ownership Society as a plank? Then there's the homeowners who bought house they just plain couldn't afford. The Real Estate agents and Mortgage brokers who rushed less qualified loans with sub-prime, adjustable rate loans with low initial payments, but with interest rates that exploded. Then there's Wall Street who bundled risky loans into Mortgage Backed Securities and issued bonds using those securities as collateral.
In the real world there's blame to go all around, not everything has to be partisan and in the case of the Great Recession of 2007, it was huge and with many culprits of all stripes and business sectors involved.

two or three pages ago I posted my scale of the responsibilities ( which is not mine, obviously, I am not an economist) for the 2008 meltdown
1) the repeal of the Glass-Steagall plus easing of the financial regulations - solely on Clinton Admin
2) the greediness of the financial sector which immediately jumped into the risky business - that is a non-partisan part, however big financial kahunas tend to support Democrats
2) the US Government pressure on the financial sector to "give the opportunity" to un-creditworthy borrowers for mortgages - solely democrats to be blamed for
3)the refusal of democrats to more strictly regulate and oversee Fanny and Freddie - solely on democrats
4) greedy unqualified borrower of the loans he/she can not repay - bipartisan

Last edited:

:popcorn:
Now you don't even have to go online and do your research.
Just tell us how well off you were financially, the equity you built in your home, the numerous job offers you had to refuse because of "The Booming Bush Economy".
Wasn't unemployment around 5% back then? Homes were selling faster than the time it took for an Obama Supporter to answer "Who Is The Vice-President" ??
And what was the national debt in 2005?
:slap:
No need to compare the stats of 2013. And the left thinks all is doing well? The economy is booming??:laugh:

More logically:

What economy did Bush inherit compared to Obama. :)

:popcorn:
Now you don't even have to go online and do your research.
Just tell us how well off you were financially, the equity you built in your home, the numerous job offers you had to refuse because of "The Booming Bush Economy".
Wasn't unemployment around 5% back then? Homes were selling faster than the time it took for an Obama Supporter to answer "Who Is The Vice-President" ??
And what was the national debt in 2005?
:slap:
No need to compare the stats of 2013. And the left thinks all is doing well? The economy is booming??:laugh:

More logically:

What economy did Bush inherit compared to Obama. :)

he inherited a recession due to dot-com bubble burst.

not much difference from the housing market bubble burst - but the management of those recessions differ a LOT :)

Well, we all know that the Wall Street Journal is a liberal rag. Oh wait, it's not. It's conservative and owned by News Corp.
Interestingly, that article mirrors much of what I have pointed out to partisans in my posts. Of course they refuse to look at historical facts. No, they just keep on humming along with talking points. Of course all the blame is just on their political opposition, no one else, just the other side. Sad.

Last edited:
I have a better idea. Let's compare Bush's LAST year in office to every president in history.

That's fair. Now, let's talk of Obama's last 5 years of nothing. Bush has been gone forever. I don't give a hoot in hell if I ever hear from him again. Ancient history.

What about Barry?

follow your own advice and stop sniffing. the glue. or whatever you are sniffing.

The recession of 2008 ( not 2007 ) was a burst of housing bubble creation of which is a dems responsibility 85% and 100% responsibility of resisting in prevention of the bubble to burst

The recession in 2007 was mainly driven by the actions of the Federal Reserve for lowering interest rates to ridiculous low rates.. As far as political parties, both also own some it. The GOP passed Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005 through committee despite Democrats resistance but never brought it for vote on the senate floor even though the GOP had the control of the Senate. Who can forget the 2004 GOP Platform with the Ownership Society as a plank? Then there's the homeowners who bought house they just plain couldn't afford. The Real Estate agents and Mortgage brokers who rushed less qualified loans with sub-prime, adjustable rate loans with low initial payments, but with interest rates that exploded. Then there's Wall Street who bundled risky loans into Mortgage Backed Securities and issued bonds using those securities as collateral.
In the real world there's blame to go all around, not everything has to be partisan and in the case of the Great Recession of 2007, it was huge and with many culprits of all stripes and business sectors involved.

two or three pages ago I posted my scale of the responsibilities ( which is not mine, obviously, I am not an economist) for the 2008 meltdown
1) the repeal of the Glass-Steagall plus easing of the financial regulations - solely on Clinton Admin
2) the greediness of the financial sector which immediately jumped into the risky business - that is a non-partisan part, however big financial kahunas tend to support Democrats
2) the US Government pressure on the financial sector to "give the opportunity" to un-creditworthy borrowers for mortgages - solely democrats to be blamed for
3)the refusal of democrats to more strictly regulate and oversee Fanny and Freddie - solely on democrats

I have heard it said several times that we put Bernie Madoff in prison for running a ponzy scheme while the federal government funds the biggest ponzy scheme in American history in Fannie and Freddie.

this crap that the dems foisted on the American people (thanks Bawney!) of forcing Fannie and Freddie to fund home loans for people with cumulative credit scores of 500 SHOULD have landed these fools in jail. Nope. The taxpayers took it in the shorts.

Now, the revisionists history majors want us to believe that it wasn't actually the dems fault. It was the evil George Bush. Liberals truly are evil.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

"the repeal of the Glass-Steagall plus easing of the financial regulations - solely on Clinton Admin". Oh really?
===========================================
The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLB), also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999, (Pub.L. 106–102, 113 Stat. 1338, enacted November 12, 1999) is an act of the 106th United States Congress (1999–2001). It repealed part of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933, removing barriers in the market among banking companies, securities companies and insurance companies that prohibited any one institution from acting as any combination of an investment bank, a commercial bank, and an insurance company. With the passage of the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, commercial banks, investment banks, securities firms, and insurance companies were allowed to consolidate. The legislation was signed into law by President Bill Clinton.
<snip>
Respective versions of the legislation were introduced in the U.S. Senate by Phil Gramm (Republican of Texas) and in the U.S. House of Representatives by Jim Leach (R-Iowa). The third lawmaker associated with the bill was Rep. Thomas J. Bliley, Jr. (R-Virginia), Chairman of the House Commerce Committee from 1995 to 2001.
<snip>
The House passed its version of the Financial Services Act of 1999 on July 1, 1999, by a bipartisan vote of 343&#8211;86 (Republicans 205&#8211;16; Democrats 138&#8211;69; Independent 0&#8211;1),[5][6][note 1] two months after the Senate had already passed its version of the bill on May 6 by a much-narrower 54&#8211;44 vote along basically-partisan lines (53 Republicans and 1 Democrat in favor; 44 Democrats opposed
Gramm?Leach?Bliley Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
===============================================
So, as we can see, the bill that repealed Glass-Stegall was named Gramm-Leach-Bliley three Republicans who authored different versions that were merged into the said bill. This bill passed the GOP controlled House and Senate. Yet, it was all Bill Clinton's fault! :eek: Thanks Vox!
PS: By the way, do you have links for your claims 1-4? Thanks buddy!

Last edited:

Now if "the repeal of the Glass-Steagall plus easing of the financial regulations - solely on Clinton Admin". Oh really?
The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLB), also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999, (Pub.L. 106–102, 113 Stat. 1338, enacted November 12, 1999) is an act of the 106th United States Congress (1999–2001). It repealed part of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933, removing barriers in the market among banking companies, securities companies and insurance companies that prohibited any one institution from acting as any combination of an investment bank, a commercial bank, and an insurance company. With the passage of the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, commercial banks, investment banks, securities firms, and insurance companies were allowed to consolidate. The legislation was signed into law by President Bill Clinton.
<snip>
Respective versions of the legislation were introduced in the U.S. Senate by Phil Gramm (Republican of Texas) and in the U.S. House of Representatives by Jim Leach (R-Iowa). The third lawmaker associated with the bill was Rep. Thomas J. Bliley, Jr. (R-Virginia), Chairman of the House Commerce Committee from 1995 to 2001.
<snip>
The House passed its version of the Financial Services Act of 1999 on July 1, 1999, by a bipartisan vote of 343–86 (Republicans 205–16; Democrats 138–69; Independent 0–1),[5][6][note 1] two months after the Senate had already passed its version of the bill on May 6 by a much-narrower 54–44 vote along basically-partisan lines (53 Republicans and 1 Democrat in favor; 44 Democrats opposed
So, as we can see, the bill that repealed Glass-Stegall was named Gramm-Leach-Bliley three Republicans who authored different versions that were merged into the said bill. This bill passed the GOP controlled House and Senate. Yet, it was all Bill Clinton's fault! :eek: Thanks Vox!

It was bipartisan bill
I am sure Vox knows that
Clinton KNEW it would hurt the economy. He was such a pussy he let Rubins pussy ass talk him intop signing it ANYWAYS. Who knew that Rubin would go work for Citigroup :eusa_whistle:
Clinton got played for a fool
Thought the buck stops at the WH? :rofl:

Now if "the repeal of the Glass-Steagall plus easing of the financial regulations - solely on Clinton Admin". Oh really?
The Gramm&#8211;Leach&#8211;Bliley Act (GLB), also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999, (Pub.L. 106&#8211;102, 113 Stat. 1338, enacted November 12, 1999) is an act of the 106th United States Congress (1999&#8211;2001). It repealed part of the Glass&#8211;Steagall Act of 1933, removing barriers in the market among banking companies, securities companies and insurance companies that prohibited any one institution from acting as any combination of an investment bank, a commercial bank, and an insurance company. With the passage of the Gramm&#8211;Leach&#8211;Bliley Act, commercial banks, investment banks, securities firms, and insurance companies were allowed to consolidate. The legislation was signed into law by President Bill Clinton.
<snip>
<snip>
The House passed its version of the Financial Services Act of 1999 on July 1, 1999, by a bipartisan vote of 343&#8211;86 (Republicans 205&#8211;16; Democrats 138&#8211;69; Independent 0&#8211;1),[5][6][note 1] two months after the Senate had already passed its version of the bill on May 6 by a much-narrower 54&#8211;44 vote along basically-partisan lines (53 Republicans and 1 Democrat in favor; 44 Democrats opposed

It was bipartisan bill
I am sure Vox knows that
Clinton KNEW it would hurt the economy. He was such a pussy he let Rubins pussy ass talk him intop signing it ANYWAYS. Who knew that Rubin would go work for Citigroup :eusa_whistle:

Does mean Clinton could take full credit for welfare reform and everything else that went right? :lol:

Last edited:
[]

Obama lost the Congress in 2012. Obama is making a bad economy worse. You clowns are too stupid to realize this guy is a huge mistake.

Democratic House Candidates got 1.4 million more votes in House Races than Republicans did.

The only thing that saved Boo-hoo-ner's job was that the state legislatures gerrymandered districts to save the election of some of them.
Franken won only because of the dead voting and dimwits in general benefit from this sort of thing.

Franken was back in 2008. I was talking about 2012. Do try to keep up.

Well, we all know that the Wall Street Journal is a liberal rag. Oh wait, it's not. It's conservative and owned by News Corp.
Interestingly, that article mirrors much of what I have pointed out to partisans in my posts. Of course they refuse to look at historical facts. No, they just keep on humming along with talking points. Of course all the blame is just on their political opposition, no one else, just the other side. Sad.

I am glad we agree.

Democrats like to claim the 1990s were a golden age while the Bush years have been disastrous. But as the nearby chart shows, Mr. Bush inherited a recession. The dot-com bubble had burst in 2000, and the economy was sinking even before the shock of 9/11, the corporate scandals and Sarbanes-Oxley. Mr. Bush's original tax-cut proposal was designed in part as insurance against such a downturn.

• Thanks
[

You are leaving a couple of things out.

First, the lack of oversight on the part of the SEC lead by Conservative Pin-UP boy Chris Cox. While his regulators were spending a LOT of time watching internet porn on the job, they weren't spending as much time watching the banks.

How Much is the SEC's Cox to Blame? - TIME

So yeah, that's all on the Republicans.

Your second point was that ONLY the Democrats were responsible for letting them poor people buy houses. This isn't true, either. In fact, Bush praised the increase in minority and poor home ownership as one of the great accomplishments of his administration.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/21admin.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

He pushed hard to expand homeownership, especially among minorities, an initiative that dovetailed with his ambition to expand the Republican tent — and with the business interests of some of his biggest donors. But his housing policies and hands-off approach to regulation encouraged lax lending standards.

Mr. Bush did foresee the danger posed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage finance giants. The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies, but was unwilling to compromise when his former Treasury secretary wanted to cut a deal. And the regulator Mr. Bush chose to oversee them — an old prep school buddy — pronounced the companies sound even as they headed toward insolvency.

So, no, we can lay that one pretty much on Bush, too.

<snip>
<snip>
The House passed its version of the Financial Services Act of 1999 on July 1, 1999, by a bipartisan vote of 343–86 (Republicans 205–16; Democrats 138–69; Independent 0–1),[5][6][note 1] two months after the Senate had already passed its version of the bill on May 6 by a much-narrower 54–44 vote along basically-partisan lines (53 Republicans and 1 Democrat in favor; 44 Democrats opposed

It was bipartisan bill
I am sure Vox knows that

Does mean Clinton could take full credit for welfare reform and everything else that went right? :lol:

Sure he can, after he vetoed it several times and the polls finally convinced him he was behind the curve.

It was bipartisan bill
I am sure Vox knows that

Sure he can, after he vetoed it several times and the polls finally convinced him he was behind the curve.

he vetoed it several times until he got a version that wasn't so mean-spirited.

And on his watch, we produced good jobs, so it wasn't such an imposition.

anyone here ever watch re-runs of the Andy Griffith show, Dick Van Dyke, Brady Bunch, Twighlight Zone, The Facts Of Life,Miss Cleaver and her annoying son ,and wish you just go back there/in that time and stay there? I know I would, at least back then we didnt have Tyranny !!!

anyone here ever watch re-runs of the Andy Griffith show, Dick Van Dyke, Brady Bunch, Twighlight Zone, The Facts Of Life,Miss Cleaver and her annoying son ,and wish you just go back there/in that time and stay there? I know I would, at least back then we didnt have Tyranny !!!

QFT... men were men women were women and we were all proud to be American. Now we have a vile scumbag set of foul socialist dirt bags running DC and the new moral center of the democrat party is a guy who's friends include domestic terrorists and people who openly worship Satan and get this, his priest damns our nation to hell. It gets better his father, was a communist, his grandfather was a communist, and his mother was a porn star. It gets better, his brother lives in a straw hut and his aunt lives on welfare.

Last edited:
  • Thanks

I am an old man, so I think that it is natural for someone, like myself, to want to return to a time like that - not because it was necessarily "real" - let's face it, they WERE television shows. No, times were much simpler then. There were no computers available to the populace, no internet, no "social media" crap, no cable TV or Sat TV. No "instant access" to the worlds problems.

We, basically, had two enemies: The Soviet Union and the Chicom. We concentrated on "God, family and jobs". Hollywood hadn't yet turned into a complete liberal communist enterprise. Schools taught our children how to read, write and do arithmetic and hadn't became unionized social engineers that would be more concerned about little "Johnny" coming out of the closet or deciding that HE,was actually a SHE.

We knew our neighbors, our neighborhoods and our towns. We mostly were a patriotic lot, believing that America was the best country on earth. Family came first. We saved for our families, we (for the most part) didn't use credit. We took pride in being "AMERICAN". Our government seldom insinuated itself between us and our families. There was a draft - it was the patriotic DUTY of young men to serve their country when called. Believe it or not, millions served BEFORE Vietnam. Millions.

No, I'd love to still live in that time. Unfortunately, it isn't possible. Somewhere along the line, Pandora's box was opened. We have what we have now. I heard a teenager ask his parents in the store the other day "how did you guys ever get by without the internet" His dad told the Kid: "A hell of a lot better than we are now".

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Last edited:
what has happened is that now we live in a time where 1/2 the population has the intelligence level the equivalent of a turnip. who in their right/normal state of mind would vote for "U-No-Who" considering what happened on September 11, 2001?

Forum List

Back