Conservatives who oppose withdrawing from Afghanistan, what would you do?

Nation building was doomed from the start. History has proven countless times change comes from within never from outside influences, however, maintaining and expanding our intelligence assets and strategic air power presence made sense. The tribal leaders should have been left to their own accord for the simple reason generational conflicts can not be undone with fairy dust.

I don't oppose withdrawing. Frankly, they're not worth the effort.

We have not entered combat with the intention of winning since WWII. If we were going to engage at all, we should have gone in full force and killed every one of the bastards as an example.

Now they and others are encouraged. There's going to be trouble.
well we did kill every Taliban who'd have direct contact with OBL. We didn't have an exit strategy or a clear mission though.

Part we agree on: I agree that the Taliban enabled Al Qaeda who attacked the United States. And that means I totally support our attacking and destroying the Taliban and paying them back many times over for what they did to us. And I had no problem with our military staying involved and keeping them down by bombing and whatever else we wanted to do to them for as long as we need to keep them from being a threat and as a warning others what we will do to them.

What I don't agree with: Nation building in Afghanistan. It's a tribal country. Russia failed to control it. Britain failed four times. We had no chance. We should not have invaded and tried to build a government there. To maintain the government, we will have to stay for centuries. That is insane. W was a moron and really screwed us by putting us in an impossible situation where we could never leave.

It's really unfortunate that we sent so many Americans who fought and died for our country. My niece was in the military there and her husband did at least five tours that I remember. Now we pull out and it falls negating their sacrifice and the price we and they paid. I feel genuinely bad about that.

But what choice do we have? We have been there for almost 20 years and they aren't remotely able to support themselves. They won't be in our lifetimes. They won't be in our children's lifetimes.

What should we have done? What is the solution other than leaving? I can't believe Bush went in without realizing this is how at one point or another it would end.

None of us real conservatives ever supported the neo-con nation rebuilding aspect of the war.

The lefties will claim they were against it, yet all the DNC top brass voted for these wars: Hillary, Biden, Kerry, and many more.

What did the Hussein and Biden do when in power? They pushed stupid shit like feminism and pro-homosexual shit. Stuff that nobody wants, much less religious Muslims.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
The LOGISTICAL reality of war isn't just about winning battles. No

WAR is about establishing a NEW REALITY. The REVOLUTIONARY WAR is one prime example.

When WARS ARE WON it is essential that a new REALITY IS ESABLISHED. That, takes years and aggravation, and unreal pain that can last years if not decades.

Failure in this regard is so devastating. It erases any and all blood shed for the years it took to win the battles and in the end the original goal is meaningless.

This is the reality of war, reality of our sad modern world and reality of where we are headed.

LOGISTICAL reality is what amateurs never grasp nor understand. We couldn't and shouldn't have ever even entertained the idea of the US leaving Afghanistan.

Now, we are all seeing why. Whatever the US accomplished and whatever blood was spilled over the last (close to) 20 years has now officially been in vain.

This goes for conservatives too that don't understand the reality of war and logistical reality.

The answer is never simple. Let me put it this way. That region isn't a place that can be ignored nor should be. Lest we forget, the warring factions will NOT STOP until the world is converted to Islam or dead.

Period.

So, when should the US withdraw? When there are no more of those factions planning our and everyone's ultimate destruction.

It's no great pleasure of mine to come out and say it, but this war the US is in, is not and will never be what any other war has been.

It's a war that will last until Jesus returns. That is the sad, haunting, and absolute truth.
Under that analysis we'd have to have gone to war with Stalin. And not just in Korea.

But there is sort of a conundrum. If we invade a country because they allowed a terrorist group to attack America because they don't like our commercial model, how long do we stay until we literally become an imperialist occupier? And what does the country have to do to get us to just go away?

But that was never what either party considered at least in public.

None of us real conservatives ever supported the neo-con nation rebuilding aspect of the war.

The lefties will claim they were against it, yet all the DNC top brass voted for these wars: Hillary, Biden, Kerry, and many more.

What did the Hussein and Biden do when in power? They pushed stupid shit like feminism and pro-homosexual shit. Stuff that nobody wants, much less religious Muslims.
Oh I think W, Runny, Wolfy, Perle, Kristol, even Trump, would disagree with you there. IRONICALLY, only Obama opposed Iraq in 3-2003.

So, I think we need to find a new generation of leaders.

Oh I think W, Runny, Wolfy, Perle, Kristol, even Trump, would disagree with you there. IRONICALLY, only Obama opposed Iraq in 3-2003.

So, I think we need to find a new generation of leaders.
We had one, President Trump, who told those neo-cons to go pound sand when they claimed we needed to invade Syria and overthrow Assad. That’s the real reason they tried to impeach him.

Why would President Trump disagree with what I am saying?

We had one, President Trump, who told those neo-cons to go pound sand when they claimed we needed to invade Syria and overthrow Assad. That’s the real reason they tried to impeach him.

Why would President Trump disagree with what I am saying?
The former president was fer it 'afor he was agin it. Like pretty much everyone but former president Obama.

No more boomers. It's time for us to quit.

Because 9-11 is more recent and residual to our security than WWII.

In WW2 you supported the Soviets. This was a bigger and more expensive mistake, isn't it? Afghanistan became by the way the main cultivation area of the world for opium poppy - a ressource for many drugs and opiates - but never anyone cared about in the last 20 years. I heard you had a very big problem with a wrong medication in hospitals with opiates, isn't it? So the people of the USA payed a very high price, which never was reported in any economy news. This remembers me to a poem where's written "the enemy as no name, the enemy has no face". What is really the enemy of a nearly only superpower with aircraft carriers, killer satelites, killer drones, hardened amunition, water boarding jails, dioxines and whatever you ever fought with or able to fight with? The never existing war in Afghanistan is over now. We will try to minimize the damages it had done and continue to travel into a new open future. But what about new spectacle glasses, which don't live from illusions and self-delusions any longer?

Last edited:
In WW2 you supported the Soviets. This was a bigger and more expensive mistake, isn't it? Afghanistan became by the main cultivation area of the world for opium poppy - a ressoure fro amyn drugs and opiates but never anyone cared about in the last 20 years. I heard you had a very big problem with a wrong medication in hospitals with opiates, isn't it? So the eprls of the USA payed a very high price which never was reported in any economy news. This remebers me to a poem where's written "the enemy as no name, the enemy has no face". What is really the enemy of a nearly only superpower nation with aircraft carriers, killer satelites, killer drones, hardened amunition, water boarding jails, dioxines and whatever you ever fought with or able to fight with? The never existing war in Afghanosnatne os over now. We will try to minimize the damages it had done and continue to travel into a new open future. But what about new spectacle glasses, which don't live from illusions and self-delusions any longer?

Per the USSR… ‘“my enemy’s enemy is my friend”
The rest of your post gets a WTF.

Per the USSR… ‘“my enemy’s enemy is my friend” ...

One of the worst character deficits of the US-American mentality. Germany had by the way never done anything bad to the USA in all history. But you and your allies damaged Germany more than anyone else ever had done. But is this a problem for us? No! We are not able to see anything else then our little grandchildren in you.

Last edited:
One of the worst character deficits of the US-American mentality. Germany had by the way never done anything bad to the USA in all history. But you and your allies damaged Germany more than anyone else ever had done. But is this a problem for us? No! We are not able to see anything else then our little grandchildren in you.
Are you a nazi? (I mean traditional nazi and not the current democrat version.)

Are you a nazi? (I mean traditional nazi and not the current democrat version.)

Many of my ancestors are German Jews. Very clear: You know how to create a hell for you and your people with your self-illusions and self-delusions. ¿And? Anti-semitic feelings now?

Part we agree on: I agree that the Taliban enabled Al Qaeda who attacked the United States. And that means I totally support our attacking and destroying the Taliban and paying them back many times over for what they did to us. And I had no problem with our military staying involved and keeping them down by bombing and whatever else we wanted to do to them for as long as we need to keep them from being a threat and as a warning others what we will do to them.

What I don't agree with: Nation building in Afghanistan. It's a tribal country. Russia failed to control it. Britain failed four times. We had no chance. We should not have invaded and tried to build a government there. To maintain the government, we will have to stay for centuries. That is insane. W was a moron and really screwed us by putting us in an impossible situation where we could never leave.

It's really unfortunate that we sent so many Americans who fought and died for our country. My niece was in the military there and her husband did at least five tours that I remember. Now we pull out and it falls negating their sacrifice and the price we and they paid. I feel genuinely bad about that.

But what choice do we have? We have been there for almost 20 years and they aren't remotely able to support themselves. They won't be in our lifetimes. They won't be in our children's lifetimes.

What should we have done? What is the solution other than leaving? I can't believe Bush went in without realizing this is how at one point or another it would end.

We should of left years ago but the Cia had a sweet heroin deal going and contractors and ngos were raking in dough...

Go figure

They certainly should of got the civilians out first ...but if left wingers activist working for ngos who are now basically hostages ...if they're heads start coming off is it OK if I start laughing?

I think so

theHawk

Translation: "Better to lose together with Joe Biden every war than to win only one war together with Donald Trump." What Germany did do in Afghanistan was by the way from a German point of view never a war. It had been a military intervention.

Last edited:
Africa-America.

Hmm ... no idea what to do with such an information. Are you a citizen of an Arab nation who is also a citizen of the USA? Or were all/most/some of your ancestors Blacks who were hunted from Arabs in Africa and were sold from Brits in America? Europeans were by the way also hunted from North-Africans and sold in Africa as salves. The USA stopped this once with extremely modern powerful canon boats in a battle against the Bey (=Emir) of Algiers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back