Constitutional Carry, carrying a gun without a permit, heading to Texas Governor's desk....good for them...

It is about time...

Where does the constitution claim the right to concealed weapons?

Nice. I already have bullet molds in .36, .44, .50, .54, and .58 calibers. Plenty of Pyrodex P and R, and a shitload of #10, #11, and musket caps. Shooting black powder guns is a whole day experience, though. Everything has to be cleaned afterward, oiled back up with Ballistol, and put away.

I tend to use more traditional black powder when messing around and just shooting.
With it, you can clean up your firearm with dish soap and hot water, and don't use too much oil, because it can foul your weapon.

I also load, and reload, modern rounds ... But new brass, bullets and primers are becoming hit and miss as far as being available on request.
The same with ammo in general ... There are a lot of taxpayers that don't have clue how much Homeland Security is paying ...
trying to keep us from getting it, and building their own stockpile.

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't add that Legislation has been passed by now, that limits what Homeland Security can purchase in one order.
Some of our lawmakers saw what they were doing.

Last edited:
Nice. I already have bullet molds in .36, .44, .50, .54, and .58 calibers. Plenty of Pyrodex P and R, and a shitload of #10, #11, and musket caps. Shooting black powder guns is a whole day experience, though. Everything has to be cleaned afterward, oiled back up with Ballistol, and put away.

I tend to use more traditional black powder when messing around and just shooting.
With it, you can clean up your firearm with soap and hot water, and don't use too much oil, because it can foul your weapon.

I also load, and reload, modern rounds ... But new brass, bullets and primers are becoming hit and miss as far as being available on request.
The same with ammo in general ... There are a lot of taxpayers that don't have clue how much Homeland Security is paying ...

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't add that Legislation has been passed by now, that limits what Homeland Security can purchase in one order.

I have 500+ spent 9mm rounds and 500 projectiles and I can't do shit with either because NO PRIMERS!!!!
:102:

I have 500+ spent 9mm rounds and 500 projectiles and I can't do shit with either because NO PRIMERS!!!!

I know what you mean ... The next time you find primers, buy a shitload.
Of course that is also why there is a shortage ... :auiqs.jpg:

In any case, you're in Texas, I'm in Louisiana ... If shit goes sideways, I can give you more than a few ... Bring bourbon.

With it, you can clean up your firearm with soap and hot water, and don't use too much oil, because it can foul your weapon.

I did a couple Civil War reenactments a few years ago. Those guys are purists, and use black powder only. Pyrodexis frowned upon. All it took was being out in that Summer heat dressed in hot, itchy wool before I didn't want to do it again.

It took me a few years, but I did learn that petroleum-based oils turn into black gunk when used on BP firearms. Ballistol is much better. As for bullet lubes, wads, and grease, I make my own out of beeswax, coconut oil, and other stuff I cant remember right now. Some Amish sold me a five gallon bucket of raw beeswax and after purifying it, pouring it into a muffin pan, I probably have a lifetime supply of it.

As for smokeless powder pistol and rifle, I'm currently reloading ten different calibers. Good thing I stocked up on powder, primers, and bullets before the drought. Probably never shoot up all the ammo I loaded over the last year. Besides, I hate cleaning guns anymore.

They make a tool you can buy, that makes primers out of spent .22 cases and cap pistol caps. If you don't mind the "click...pause...bang..."

I did a couple Civil War reenactments a few years ago. Those guys are purists, and use black powder only. Pyrodexis frowned upon. All it took was being out in that Summer heat dressed in hot, itchy wool before I didn't want to do it again.

It took me a few years, but I did learn that petroleum-based oils turn into black gunk when used on BP firearms. Ballistol is much better. As for bullet lubes, wads, and grease, I make my own out of beeswax, coconut oil, and other stuff I cant remember right now. Some Amish sold me a five gallon bucket of raw beeswax and after purifying it, pouring it into a muffin pan, I probably have a lifetime supply of it.

As for smokeless powder pistol and rifle, I'm currently reloading ten different calibers. Good thing I stocked up on powder, primers, and bullets before the drought. Probably never shoot up all the ammo I loaded over the last year. Besides, I hate cleaning guns anymore.

Lol ... I saw a dude not too long ago cleaning his firearm with WD-40.
I starting laughing and told him he was just making it dirtier, and a dust magnet ...:auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
It is about time...

Good, more nut jobs with guns, what could go wrong?
More dead nut jobs and likely innocent by standers.

You're thinking about Chicago.

Lol ... I saw a dude not too long ago cleaning his firearm with WD-40.
I starting laughing and told he was just making it dirtier, and a dust magnet ...:auiqs.jpg:

That stuff turns into varnish after awhile. It was made only to displace moisture.

:laughing0301:

That is really cool. I can't imagine the amount of work involved. I've seen a couple near Gatlinburg and was impressed.

It is about time...

Yup. Why do all the heavy lifting fixing Texas's unreliable power grid? Better to go for this kind of foolish legislations. Texans don't deserve any better.

That is really cool. I can't imagine the amount of work involved. I've seen a couple near Gatlinburg and was impressed.

This is what I really want. If I only had $282,000...

1876 Gatling gun blasts auction estimate to sell for $282,000 at California sale

image-placeholder-title.jpg

Civil War reenactors sometimes put a lot of work into just knowing who they represent.

In the more strict ones ... You can go to a 'soldier' on the field and ask them who they represent, where that person was born,
what they did before the war, who their family members were, and where they are going to fall on the battlefield if they died.

Of course with the ways things are going, I don't know how much longer that glimpse at history is going to be around.

I know what you mean ... The next time you find primers, buy a shitload.
Of course that is also why there is a shortage ... :auiqs.jpg:

In any case, you're in Texas, I'm in Louisiana ... If shit goes sideways, I can give you more than a few ... Bring bourbon.

Deal. I'll visit BR when the Aggies play LSU. We can swap then.

Civil War reenactors sometimes put a lot of work into just knowing who they represent.

In the more strict ones ... You can go to a 'soldier' on the field and ask them who they represent, where that person was born,
what they did before the war, who their family members were, and where they are going to fall on the battlefield if they died.

Of course with the ways things are going, I don't know how much longer that glimpse at history is going to be around.

Like was said, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

It is about time...

I didn't read where it even addresses "concealed". It states that people can carry without getting permission. As it should be. I say that as someone that does not own a gun and really has no need for one.

It is about time...

I didn't read where it even addresses "concealed". It states that people can carry without getting permission. As it should be. I say that as someone that does not own a gun and really has no need for one.

No need for permission. Constitutional right to carry. Yep, as it should be.

It is about time...

Good, more nut jobs with guns, what could go wrong?
More dead nut jobs and likely innocent by standers.

21 other states already have this and haven't had a problem....

As more Americans own and carry guns our gun murder rate went down 49%...our gun crime rate went down 75%...

YOu have nothing to say about this issue that is based in facts, truth or reality......actual, real world experience shows you know nothing, and just make things up out of your butt....

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

https://crimeresearch.org/2020/10/n...n-issuing-permits-because-of-the-coronavirus/

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Texas has weird gun laws. Although I didn't obtain a permit until I moved to Wisconsin, I always carried a loaded shotgun behind the seat of my truck when I lived in Texas. They don't regulate "long guns", so loaded rifles and shotguns in a vehicle is ok.

Then they have those 51% signs in the bars. You can't carry concealed weapon into a bar or restaurant that makes more than 51% of their profits from alcohol. Up here I can carry my concealed weapon in any bar, as long as I'm not consuming alcohol.

I believe Texas' concealed carry law also prohibits "printing." If someone can make out the outline of your pistol through your shirt, you can get in trouble. That's not an issue here.

I believe this law takes care of that.......I could be wrong.

Forum List

Back