Constitutional Conservatives Support Open Borders

You might want to read Article 1, Section 9, Clause 1, and reevaluate your position.
Please cite the phrase or sentence which conveys power over immigration, in your mind.

My B/U

Article 1, Section 9, Clause 1

double_line.gif

The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

That means after 1808 congress determines who may migrate to the US. So simple a third grader could understand.
That clause refers to the slave trade. Thus the term "importation."

Actually it deals with both migration and importation, but importation was outlawed by the 13th Amendment, leaving only migration and naturalization under the purview of congress.
It dealt with slavery, which was outlawd by the 13thA.
There were no immigration laws in this country prior to about 1870, btw. So your theory is bunk.
Wanna try again?

The Migration or Importation

Is that big word "or" tripping you up?

The US immigration system is one of the worst in the world. That's wh we have an illegal immigration problem.
The usual nonsense from the usual liberal open-borders fanatic.

We haven't enforced our duly-enacted immigration laws, so flagrantly that the illegal immigrants know they can flout them at will without consequence.

That's why we have an illegal immigration problem.

Please cite the phrase or sentence which conveys power over immigration, in your mind.

My B/U

double_line.gif

The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

That means after 1808 congress determines who may migrate to the US. So simple a third grader could understand.

Actually it deals with both migration and importation, but importation was outlawed by the 13th Amendment, leaving only migration and naturalization under the purview of congress.
There were no immigration laws in this country prior to about 1870, btw. So your theory is bunk.
Wanna try again?

Did my explanation somehow escape you? The clause deals with slavery, the importation of slaves or their migration across borders. Thus the whole clause is moot owing to the 13thA.
Congress has no power over immigration, you big government guy.

The US immigration system is one of the worst in the world. That's wh we have an illegal immigration problem.
The usual nonsense from the usual liberal open-borders fanatic.

We haven't enforced our duly-enacted immigration laws, so flagrantly that the illegal immigrants know they can flout them at will without consequence.

That's why we have an illegal immigration problem.
OK, first, Congress has no authority to regulate immigration.
Second, our laws suck, which is why we have a problem.
Third, go back to the Constitution and anyone who wants to come here, let them come here.

My B/U

double_line.gif

Wanna try again?

Did my explanation somehow escape you? The clause deals with slavery, the importation of slaves or their migration across borders. Thus the whole clause is moot owing to the 13thA.

What ever, feel free to make that argument to SCOTUS. I'm not going to argue with willful ignorance.

My B/U

double_line.gif

Wanna try again?

Where does the Constitution give foreign nationals the right to cross the border into the US?

Wanna try again?

What ever, feel free to make that argument to SCOTUS. I'm not going to argue with willful ignorance.
Sucks to be you.
Article I Section 9
Your capitulation here is noted and accepted.

Wanna try again?

Sucks to be you.
Article I Section 9

Damn, it appears what ever Matthew contracted is contagious.

Wanna try again?

Sucks to be you.
Article I Section 9

Your admission you have nothing to offer against my proof is accepted.
You can win this argument easily by posting which part of the Constitutioon authorizes Congress to regulate immigration to this country.

Sucks to be you.
Article I Section 9

You can win this argument easily by posting which part of the Constitutioon authorizes Congress to regulate immigration to this country.

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4

Nuff said.

Sucks to be you.
Article I Section 9

Nuff said.
Because it's all you'be got. Of course you wouldnt quote them. So I will.
To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;
Note that "naturalization" is not immigration. Plenty of people immigrate here with no intention of staying, like tourists, students, and temporary workers. So that's a strike.

I already demonstrated via link that I.9 refers to slavery, which was outlawed in the 13th amendment.

So far you've got nothing.

Anyone styling himself a constitutional conservative must support open borders. Those who do not are merely statists as the fed.gov has no power to regulate borders.
what an ignorant pile of fucking non-sense based upon utter gibberish
Then you'll have no problem identifying which part of the Constitution authorizes immigration law and ICE.
immigration and our boarders are not the same thing.

john kerry on

Anyone styling himself a constitutional conservative must support open borders. Those who do not are merely statists as the fed.gov has no power to regulate borders.

The federal government has no authority to regulate borders?

Allow me to quote the Constitution:

Section. 8.

The Congress shall have Power To . . . .

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Sucks to be you.
Article I Section 9

Nuff said.
Because it's all you'be got. Of course you wouldnt quote them. So I will.
To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;
Note that "naturalization" is not immigration. Plenty of people immigrate here with no intention of staying, like tourists, students, and temporary workers. So that's a strike.

I already demonstrated via link that I.9 refers to slavery, which was outlawed in the 13th amendment.

So far you've got nothing.

Wrong, I've got a lot more than your opinion.

Make it simple, shut down the boarders! Then debate about handling the illegal immigrants we have.

Forum List

Back