Consumerism Politics: Dragnet Duedate?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a metaphysical consumerism and traffic-oriented pseudo-political 'vignette' involving the modern intellectual value of IKEA (popular Swedish furniture company boasting branches across the globe) being discussed by Shiva (Hindu god of destruction) and Vishnu (Hindu god of protection).

This vignette was inspired by the politics-lifestyle film Argo (Ben Affleck).

When will TrumpUSA be required to coordinate itself with global consumer prayers?

====

gods1.jpg

Shiva and Vishnu descended on Earth and took on the identities of a radical Internet-blogger named Ajay Satan and the American movie star Tom Hanks. Shiva/Ajay and Vishnu/Hanks began working through media to disseminate ideas about pro-populism modernism, making Internet posts/blogs about consumer-based etiquette and making populism-conscious lifestyle-oriented pseudo-political films such as Charlie Wilson's War and Cloud Atlas. Shiva/Ajay and Vishnu/Ajay now wanted to direct their attention specifically to consumerism.

duet2.jpg

Shiva/Ajay and Vishnu/Hanks decided to actively promote the marketing of IKEA (the Swedish minimalist/pastoral furniture company) across the globe. Shiva and Vishnu both believed that IKEA furniture, in its nice blending of simplicity and sensual functionalism, represented a consumerism consciousness regarding the use of 'materials' in the expression of trade and production based etiquette and human interaction. They decided to talk on the Internet and in interviews about the general modern social value of mercantilism-based aesthetics that construct modern capitalism-oriented 'politics' --- i.e., TrumpUSA.

furns.jpg

Challenging this impressive pro-consumerism and media stance presented by Shiva/Ajay and Vishnu/Hanks was a ruthless Russian underworld syndicate boss and emerging black market munitions merchant named Leatherface, a man who believed the modern world required a strict adherence to various traffic forms of anarchy and fascism. Leatherface despised the sort of pro-populism consumerism-empathetic podiums espoused by Shiva/Ajay and Vishnu/Hanks, so he decided to blog on the Internet about the false idealism and blind obsession with 'shopping' in modern culture which required pedestrians to overthrow the 'sway' of Planet Hollywood culture in favor of self-determined profiteerism. Shiva/Ajay debated with Leatherface (who used the identity-masking alias/avatar 'Kingpin') regarding all this 'IKEA idealism.'

ikea.jpg

SHIVA/AJAY: Why are you opposed to the 'friendship-value' of IKEA?
LEATHERFACE: I don't see any link between Burger King and government...

SHIVA/AJAY: Mercantilism is politics now (i.e., Wall Street).
LEATHERFACE: I don't see craftsmen 'buying' their rights into politics!

SHIVA/AJAY: A craftsman is a sort of 'etiquette priest' and hence a 'creativity diplomat.'
LEATHERFACE: So is a mime, a clown, and a pianist!

SHIVA/AJAY: There is a way to bridge consumerism and globalization politics...
LEATHERFACE: Pray tell!

SHIVA/AJAY: NASDAQ is an investment in computer-network based trade and hence modernism.
LEATHERFACE: So what?

SHIVA/AJAY: Investing in intelligence at the socio-cultural level reveals a 'trade-based maturity.'
LEATHERFACE: It was sea travel (Vikings) and colonialism (Great Britain) that linked trade with politics...

SHIVA/AJAY: That is only partially true. Wall Street reminds us that economic contracts create civil sanity!
LEATHERFACE: How will IKEA save the world?

SHIVA/AJAY: Vishnu and I believe that IKEA is a 'craftsman's triumph' in harmless consumerism propaganda.
LEATHERFACE: Let's hope TrumpUSA does not turn propaganda into individualism-draining perdition...

====

:dance:

Forum List

Back