Contards seek to "conserve" human rights, sure, just like this

The kind who believes there is such a thing as society, which is held together by a set of basic shared values, and that government should be a function of society and not the other way round.

The kind also who believes that there should be as few laws as possible, but that those laws who are enacted should be enforced.

What does that mean? Why should your laws enforce values rather than protect the individual and their individual values?

You sound more like a tyrant than a Conservative.

You clearly sound like a "Contard" who wants to force their values upon others while preaching limited government.

Last edited:
The kind who believes there is such a thing as society, which is held together by a set of basic shared values, and that government should be a function of society and not the other way round.

The kind also who believes that there should be as few laws as possible, but that those laws who are enacted should be enforced.

What does that mean? Why should your laws enforce values rather than protect the individual and their individual values?

Maybe you should learn to read.

What I wrote is that government should be based on the shared basic values of society. It should be there to allow society to function and develop. Government should not be there to reform or change society. I don't see anything tyrannical about that, rather the contrary.

Where you and I differ is probably on the individualism issue. I strongly believe in the value of each individual and in individual freedom. This, by the way, is one of the basic shared values of most Western societies, which I like to see reflected (and reflected more than today) in their government. But individual freedom is not absolute (nothing is) and there is such a thing as society which gives form and context to an individuals life and rights and freedoms.

I hope this isn't too substantive for you.

What I wrote is that government should be based on the shared basic values of society. It should be there to allow society to function and develop. Government should not be there to reform or change society. I don't see anything tyrannical about that, rather the contrary.

Where you and I differ is probably on the individualism issue. I strongly believe in the value of each individual and in individual freedom. This, by the way, is one of the basic shared values of most Western societies, which I like to see reflected (and reflected more than today) in their government. But individual freedom is not absolute (nothing is) and there is such a thing as society which gives form and context to an individuals life and rights and freedoms.

You are a walking irony. You believe in individualism, yet believe in legislation that adopts shared morality.

You are just another dishonest statist freak who is trying to wrap his belief around limited government. Not only that, you are a self-aggrandizing prick.

I tire of you kind and shallow thinking. You are a walking hypocrite.

You are a walking irony. You believe in individualism, yet believe in legislation that adopts shared morality.

You are just another dishonest statist freak who is trying to wrap his belief around limited government. Not only that, you are a self-aggrandizing prick.

I'm so impressed by the force of your arguments and the substance of your posting!

Apparently even grasping the difference between values and morality is a bit too difficult for you. Disregard my earlier suggestion that you learn to read. I think it is first necessary to master the English language. Good luck!

I'm so impressed by the force of your arguments and the substance of your posting!

Apparently even grasping the difference between values and morality is a bit too difficult for you. Disregard my earlier suggestion that you learn to read. I think it is first necessary to master the English language. Good luck!

I don't need to play your games and grasp the difference between "values and morality". The law was never supposed to make man moral.

Another limited statist Contard shows their true colors...in a most violent way.

You people are tyrants.

Let's get back to the OP.

Immigration detention centers are there for a reason: to detain people who are in the country illegally and/or need to be deported. Obviously such centers should confirm to basic US standards regarding safety and living conditions for the inmates. Above all they should be geared to keeping the inmates secure and detained and ready for deportation, if that is what the proper authorities determine.

All the rest is just political grandstanding.

Immigration detention centers are there for a reason: to detain people who are in the country illegally and/or need to be deported. Obviously such centers should confirm to basic US standards regarding safety and living conditions for the inmates. Above all they should be geared to keeping the inmates secure and detained and ready for deportation, if that is what the proper authorities determine.

IOW, you believe in a strong national government that divides peoples by borders and ethnicity.

Lets get back to the conversation and admit that you are a statist freak.

I don't need to play your games and grasp the difference between "values and morality". The law was never supposed to make man moral.

Another limited statist Contard shows their true colors...in a most violent way.

You people are tyrants.

I'm just me, not "people". But then again you have sufficiently demonstrated your lack of mastery of the English language.

Maybe it is time to invest a little time in education?

IOW, you believe in a strong national government that divides peoples by borders and ethnicity.

So you believe the US should cease to exist as a seperate and independent country?

You people are tyrants.

I'm just me, not "people". But then again you have sufficiently demonstrated your lack of mastery of the English language.

IOW, you got nothing. However, this is common when I challenge statists freaks and false conservatives.

You get angry and resort to name calling. Perhaps we can try this again when you recollect yourself.

You people are tyrants.

IOW, you got nothing. However, this is common when I challenge statists freaks and false conservatives.

You get angry and resort to name calling. Perhaps we can try this again when you recollect yourself.

"recollect myself"? This is getting funnier and funnier. But I know I shouldn't make fun of your mistakes.

Glad it's clear to everyone who is doing the name-calling.

So you believe the US should cease to exist as a seperate and independent country?

I believe in the 10th and local democracy. While I don't believe that the US should cease to exist, it would ultimately decay under a Conservative Constitution.

However, you are a just a modern day liberal in disguise validating his "Conservative" beliefs.

American Conservatives have never been afraid of individual sovereignty, yet you are making this claim that we are.....lol.

Last edited:

I believe in the 10th and local democracy. While I don't believe that the US should cease to exist, it would ultimately decay under a Conservative Constitution.

However, you are a just a modern day liberal in disguise validating his "Conservative" beliefs.

American Conservatives have never been afraid of individual sovereignty, yet you are making this claim that we are.....lol.

And local democracy will work how without borders?

As for individual sovereignty, I wish you luck as you retreat in your mountain cabin and go back to living from hunting and gathering. Only drawback will be that as an individual, who refuses all state help, you will have no internet access and will no longer be available to amuse us here.

As for individual sovereignty, I wish you luck as you retreat in your mountain cabin and go back to living from hunting and gathering. Only drawback will be that as an individual, who refuses all state help, you will have no internet access and will no longer be available to amuse us here.

You are a good statist freak.

Individual sovereignty does not mean isolationism and resorting back to hunting and gathering. Gosh, you are more idiotic than I thought, but most statist Conservatives are. You people are dumb as rocks.

Bye.

Individual sovereignty does not mean isolationism and resorting back to hunting and gathering. Gosh, you are more idiotic than I thought, but most statist Conservatives are. You people are dumb as rocks.

Bye.

Again I am dumbfounded by your coherent and substantive argumentation.

Bye.

I am still waiting for you to prove your right that you have to force values and morality onto others without violating individual liberty.

Oh....you can't, but you would rather throw a hissy fit.

Bye.

I am still waiting for you to prove your right that you have to force values and morality onto others without violating individual liberty.

Oh....you can't, but you would rather throw a hissy fit.

Ever tried taking your individual liberty and drive on the left side of the road?

Ever tried taking your individual liberty and drive on the left side of the road?

This is just plain dumb and you accuse me of incoherency.

Perhaps you want to try again when you have more substance.

Forum List

Back