Convenient store stand-your-ground shooter charged

Here is another video of the event. Get your stop watch out and time how long it took for Drejka to pull the trigger after he managed to get his weapon out.

Gunman in parking space shooting not charged because of 'Stand Your Ground' law

The point is not how long it took him to shoot, but how quickly he shot!

He never had to pull that trigger. I don't understand why you cannot see that. Perhaps a trip to the optometrist is in order.

If your life is in danger and when you have been subjected to a felonious assault you best believe your life may be in danger and if you are interested in defending your life or limb then you must act as quickly as possible..though you do have two options....hope or pray your attacker does not kill your or maim you or you can choose to fight back.

What would you have done if it had been you?

Here is another video of the event. Get your stop watch out and time how long it took for Drejka to pull the trigger after he managed to get his weapon out.

He never had to pull that trigger. I don't understand why you cannot see that. Perhaps a trip to the optometrist is in order.

If your life is in danger and when you have been subjected to a felonious assault you best believe your life may be in danger and if you are interested in defending your life or limb then you must act as quickly as possible..though you do have two options....hope or pray your attacker does not kill your or maim you or you can choose to fight back.

If this goes to trial, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a deadlocked Jury. Getting six people to agree if McGlockton was retreating or not may be the state’s biggest burden to overcome.

Minded my own business first and then I would not have pulled that trigger in any case unless he tried again.

"Drejka lands on his back and McGlockton takes a step toward him."

What would you have done being that you were in a stand your ground State?
i would have got up and pushed him back....unless the guy was on top of him beating the shit out of him or had a weapon himself there was no reason to shoot the guy....the guy was a paranoid pussy....

Says the future dead guy.
yea we are all going to die one day.....so whats your point?...

I'm pushing for 100+, that's why I have a CCW in all 57 States and territories,
guns cant prevent a fatal disease or a car accident....

No, but it can keep you from an early out.

how far was he away from the guy before he began stepping back?......

"Drejka lands on his back and McGlockton takes a step toward him."

What would you have done being that you were in a stand your ground State?
i would have got up and pushed him back....unless the guy was on top of him beating the shit out of him or had a weapon himself there was no reason to shoot the guy....the guy was a paranoid pussy....

Says the future dead guy.
yea we are all going to die one day.....so whats your point?...

I'm pushing for 100+, that's why I have a CCW in all 57 States and territories,
Horse shit.

Lot of conservatives here who would convict the guy ....the film is damning.......side angle especially.............
Florida man found guilty of manslaughter in parking lot shooting that led to 'Stand Your Ground' trial
Guy didnt take the stand in his own defense....

He made the classic mistake of talking to the police without a lawyer. He sat in a police interrogation room for over 6 hrs and talked and talked. He thought the police were his friends as in he identified with them so much. His father was a state patrolman for over 28 yrs.

He was so convinced he was in the right that he was apparantly not worried about his words being used against him.

The jury made a huge mistake and this case will have a lot of ramifications none of which are good for society in general.

The concept of self-defense was struck a huge blow by this fallacious verdict.

Everyone that carries a concealed weapon should be on notice that your right to use that weapon in self defense has been struck a huge blow.

The main thing most should learn from this case is how one should never talk to the police without the presence of your lawyer. As is plainly said in the miranda rights....what you say can and WILL be used against you.

Minded my own business first and then I would not have pulled that trigger in any case unless he tried again.

Nonsense. He had a disabled family member so he was justifiably irritated by folks parking illegally in handicapped spaces. He had every right to talk to the black woman and point out the fact she was illegally parked...and her reaction was to go off on him.

In hindsight and with the benefit of slow motion video it is easy to say you would not have pulled the trigger. But if it had been you who had been violently and feloniously assaulted you might have a different view.

Drejka did not have the benefit of watching a slow motion video or hindsight to determine whether or not he should shoot. He was in justifiable fear of his life...but due to the political climate today he has been convicted and most likely will spend the rest of his life in prison....he has health issues.

He could be sentenced up to 30 yrs. since mansalughter with the use of a firearm is a first degree felony. I do not think he will get 30 yrs. but it will be a long term he will be sentenced to...at his age and with his state of health it will amount to a death sentence.

His lawyer says there will be an appeal but I see no chance of success there.

Lot of conservatives here who would convict the guy ....the film is damning.......side angle especially.............
Florida man found guilty of manslaughter in parking lot shooting that led to 'Stand Your Ground' trial
Guy didnt take the stand in his own defense....

He made the classic mistake of talking to the police without a lawyer. He sat in a police interrogation room for over 6 hrs and talked and talked. He thought the police were his friends as in he identified with them so much. His father was a state patrolman for over 28 yrs.

He was so convinced he was in the right that he was apparantly not worried about his words being used against him.

The jury made a huge mistake and this case will have a lot of ramifications none of which are good for society in general.

The concept of self-defense was struck a huge blow by this fallacious verdict.

Everyone that carries a concealed weapon should be on notice that your right to use that weapon in self defense has been struck a huge blow.

The main thing most should learn from this case is how one should never talk to the police without the presence of your lawyer. As is plainly said in the miranda rights....what you say can and WILL be used against you.
You are correct. I am a slow learner on that. You may agree with things politically but it can bite you in the azz with self serving egotists with power. Some of them are even church goers.

If this goes to trial, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a deadlocked Jury. Getting six people to agree if McGlockton was retreating or not may be the state’s biggest burden to overcome.

Well, obviously they succeeded. If one watches the video carefully you will see the black guy take one or two steps towards drjka after he had knocked him down. He only stops when he sees the firearm come out. Then he takes one or two steps back and turns sideways. All of this occurred very quickly....and yet the jury most likely watching the video in slow motion interpeted that the black guy was retreating....but to the shooter on the ground in fear of his life...his perception was quite different.

Nonsense. He had a disabled family member so he was justifiably irritated by folks parking illegally in handicapped spaces. He had every right to talk to the black woman and point out the fact she was illegally parked...and her reaction was to go off on him.

In hindsight and with the benefit of slow motion video it is easy to say you would not have pulled the trigger. But if it had been you who had been violently and feloniously assaulted you might have a different view.

Drejka did not have the benefit of watching a slow motion video or hindsight to determine whether or not he should shoot. He was in justifiable fear of his life...but due to the political climate today he has been convicted and most likely will spend the rest of his life in prison....he has health issues.

He could be sentenced up to 30 yrs. since mansalughter with the use of a firearm is a first degree felony. I do not think he will get 30 yrs. but it will be a long term he will be sentenced to...at his age and with his state of health it will amount to a death sentence.

Was the shooter authorized to write a ticket for illegally parking in a handicapped parking space? No Therefore, he should have never even addressed the woman in the car. Everything he did was fucked up!

That's why he was guilty of manslaughter.

BINGO.

I once watched a presentation by a former cop. He flat out stated that, even if you are (or believe you are) perfectly innocent, NEVER talk to the police in matters such as these. He then gave an analogy... it was a long time ago I saw this... but it was something along the lines of "You might think yourself a tough guy. Maybe you've been in a lot of fights or maybe you're an all around hardass. But as tough as you think you are - would you willingly get into the ring with Muhammed Ali? Because that's what you're doing in an interrogation room. Those officers are TRAINED to fuck you up."

Again, I'm paraphrasing, but the message was sound.

Was the shooter authorized to write a ticket for illegally parking in a handicapped parking space? No Therefore, he should have never even addressed the woman in the car. Everything he did was fucked up!

He had every right to tell the woman she should not have parked in the handicapped spot. He in no way threatened her but the state was able to convince the jury of that.

Yet, you are right because in todays political climate one must be very,very careful in dealing with a protected class of people.

However, at first he did not even realize there was anyone in the car due to the tinted windows...as he was checking the rear of the car and then the front of the car for handicapped placards the black lady rolled down her window and essentially went off on him. Instead of walking away he tried to persuade her that she was in the wrong but it resulted in a heated argument with her actually threatening him.

His biggest mistake though as previously pointed out was talking to the police without his lawyer.

But we for
That is the question the jury will have to decide....was the white guy in reasonable fear of his life and or grievious bodily harm?

First of all he had already been violently assaulted that in and of itself was enough to have caused grievious bodily harm and the white guy was fortunate that he apparantly suffered no serious injury from that....but he had no idea what was to follow...he was in fear of his life and or grievious bodily harm by the mere fact of the violent assault...he had no reason to believe the attack would stop...he was on the ground and very vulnurable to further violent actions by the black guy such as a kick to the head etc.

People getting beaten to death is not an uncommon event. And, thus it is very reasonable to conclude the white guy was in fear of his life or grievious bodily injury. I am confidant the jury will understand that and with the help of expert testimony-- the state's case is very,very weak. Even the initial investigation agreed the white guy was in compliance with the law. It was only when political pressure was brought to bear that the state attorney decided to reverse the decision of the investigative officers.

Thankfully, in America we have a system of trial by jury of one's peers.

You refuse to repeat what you said about Zimmerman---why is that? Do you not remember?
Judging by the poll that was done here....the guy has no shot and should take a plea deal if offered

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa laughable. I case you have not noticed this discussion on the clearwater incident reveals a lot of ignorance.....first of all what the law says....and so many on here have no capacity to understand that law as simple as it is.

Do not take any poll conducted on this board as any indicator of anything....other than that so many on here are biased and believe the fake news that is drummed into them daily.

No ability to think for selves logically or even in a common sense mode.

Pathetic is the woid dat comes to mind boyo.
But we for sure should believe your expert opinion. Yeah pathetic would describe that

I am merely telling you what the law says. The law grants the defendant the legal right to use deadly force if he felt his life was in danger and or that he might suffer grievious bodily harm. Yet so many seem unable to grasp that???

You are correct but the key word being "reasonable" as in the jury must be convinced the defendant was being reasonable. In this case they were not. I believe they were in error but this poor fellow will most likely die in jail.

Everyone who carries a concealed weapon should stand up and take notice. Just because theoretically you have a right to self defense....what you may sincerely believe is self defense may not be agreed with by the jury. Most especially in todays political climate if you shoot a un-armed black man.

Not really, though in slow motion he does take a step backward but the jury should have realized the poor fellow who had just been knocked to the ground was dazed and trumatized and most likely did not see his attacker taking a backward step which he did not do until he saw the firearm. After knocking drejka down he continued to advance, but the sight of the weapon caused him to step back which can easily be seen in the slow motion video.

The jurors with the benefit of hindsight and a slow motion video made a big mistake.

He had every right to tell the woman she should not have parked in the handicapped spot. He in no way threatened her but the state was able to convince the jury of that.

Yet, you are right because in todays political climate one must be very,very careful in dealing with a protected class of people.

However, at first he did not even realize there was anyone in the car due to the tinted windows...as he was checking the rear of the car and then the front of the car for handicapped placards the black lady rolled down her window and essentially went off on him. Instead of walking away he tried to persuade her that she was in the wrong but it resulted in a heated argument with her actually threatening him.

His biggest mistake though as previously pointed out was talking to the police without his lawyer.
When you don't take the stand in your own defense ...probably doesn't go over well with the jury. . Right to carry or stand your ground is unaffected. You can reargue all you want...your side was wrong before and still is. He had every opportunity to deescalate and leave when they were arguing .....but didn't.

When you don't take the stand in your own defense ...probably doesn't go over well with the jury. . Right to carry or stand your ground is unaffected. You can reargue all you want...your side was wrong before and still is. He had every opportunity to deescalate and leave when they were arguing .....but didn't.

Well, of course with the benefit of hindsight I am sure drjka would have done things differently. But he did not have the benefit of hindsight or a slow motion video.

Due to a family member being handicapped it was pet peeve of his that lots of folks illegally park in handicap spots. He had confronted people about this before and he had every right do do so.

What he did not adequately appreciate was todays political climate. That there is a double standard when it comes to blacks. Political correctness rules. If you do not understand that you do so at your own peril.

This unjust conviction will also cause more problems for the police. Already under attack matters will only get worse for them.

Forum List

Back