Conversion Therapy Crusader Has Something To Say: He's Gay

Boy, are you in for a surprise.
Sorry shaman, your magical spells and incantations hold no weight.
Oh, I won't have anything to do with it.
Sorry, your magical threats carry no weight, shaman.
Read my post again. I clearly said I won't have anything to do with it.
Sorry shaman, still your magical threat. And it is not compelling. I also don't worry when gypsies curse me or whem i step on a crack on the sidewalk.

Boy, are you in for a surprise.
Sorry shaman, still your magical threat. And it is not compelling. I also don't worry when gypsies curse me or whem i step on a crack on the sidewalk.
Do you keep a light on at night? You feel threatened without being threatened.

Stupid comment. Whether or not I actually feel threatened has nothing to do with whether or not the intent is to threaten. I think your lack of critical thinking skills and tenuous grasp of simple logic are probably tied directly to your tendency to believe iron aged superstitions.

Stupid comment. Whether or not I actually feel threatened has nothing to do with whether or not the intent is to threaten. I think your lack of critical thinking skills and tenuous grasp of simple logic are probably tied directly to your tendency to believe iron aged superstitions.
Oh, you poor pitiful insecure creature. You try so hard to insult my beliefs. I'm a man of Faith. I've dealt with loud mouthed punks like you for years. You're about as intimidating as a poisoned rat staggering down the alley.

Of course I seem crazy to insecure creatures like you.
And to the vast majority of people who have ever lived. But yeah, it's everyone that is "insecure", while you and your hilariously dumb, iron aged handbook are "spot on". Oooookay...

And to the vast majority of people who have ever lived. But yeah, it's everyone that is "insecure", while you and your hilariously dumb, iron aged handbook are "spot on". Oooookay...
Little weenie.
Baby jesus would not approve.
Pusillanimous punk.
Delusional witch doctor ...

I thought all tax cuts reduce debt?

What happened?

Little weenie.
Baby jesus would not approve.
Pusillanimous punk.
Delusional witch doctor ...
Boo.

Little weenie.
You really are loosing your shit!!

upload_2019-9-5_7-55-5.jpeg

Little weenie.
You really are loosing your shit!!

View attachment 277567
Nope, I'm doing just fine. I understand exactly what is going on. There is a war going on, a spiritual and cultural war.

Also why does the LGBT community demonize people who once identified as transgender that have de-transitioned?
Do they??

Yes.
Please explain. Does the entire LGBT Community speak with one voice on such matters?

Wait so are you acknowledging the GBTL community doesn't speak with one voice against conversion therapy?
No . I am suggesting that they do not necessarily speak with one voice in terms of their attitudes towards victims of conversion therapy. But I will add that there are likely a few who support conversion therapy, just like there are a few minorities ( and gays) in the republican party

Thanks for the response. Would you consider therapy for gender dysphoria that doesn't focus on affirmation but at what beliefs are causing the dysphoria of ones gender and working to changes those beliefs as a form of conversion therapy?
Do you think any professional providing medical treatment for gender dysphoria have a responsibility to tell their patients it is medically impossibly to change ones biological sex?

Please explain. Does the entire LGBT Community speak with one voice on such matters?

Wait so are you acknowledging the GBTL community doesn't speak with one voice against conversion therapy?
No . I am suggesting that they do not necessarily speak with one voice in terms of their attitudes towards victims of conversion therapy. But I will add that there are likely a few who support conversion therapy, just like there are a few minorities ( and gays) in the republican party

Thanks for the response. Would you consider therapy for gender dysphoria that doesn't focus on affirmation but at what beliefs are causing the dysphoria of ones gender and working to changes those beliefs as a form of conversion therapy?
Do you think any professional providing medical treatment for gender dysphoria have a responsibility to tell their patients it is medically impossibly to change ones biological sex?
Conversion therapy, as far as I know, is not related to gender dysphoria.

To your first question, therapy for gender dysphoria is not, or should not be, for the purpose of either affirming the feelings or dissuading the person about those feelings. Therapy for gender dysphoria -or for any other issue -should be for the purpose of clearing a path for the person to find their own answers, understand what they are experiencing and determine their own goals. The term "conversion therapy" is not usually applied to this matter, but I think that any sort of "treatment " that is in any way coercive would be just as criminal and damaging

To your second question, gender and gender identity is much more complicated than you seem to realize. First, there is growing evidence that there are underlying biological factors-including hormonal balances and subtle genetic (or epigenetic) factors in many transgender people. Those factors may not be readily apparent and may not be detected for years, if ever. In those cases, the person is not seeking to change their biological sex, but rather attempting to alter their bodies to conform more closely with what they feel that they are.

Sure there may be cases where no biological factors exist, or at least can't be detected. But gender identity is more than biology. It is what a person believes themselves to be and those beliefs are very powerful and should be respected. People can and do change their biological gender,-although not at the genetic level- and to tell them that they can't would be irresponsible.

I am an older, cisgender male who comes from a time when this issue was not on anyone's radar. But I have read, listened and learned and have come to the conclusion that all the hysteria about transpeople is ridiculous. So what if people want to change gender? So what if some people choose to be gender fluid or non binary? The sky will not fall. There is nothing to be so damned threatened about .

To your first question, therapy for gender dysphoria is not, or should not be, for the purpose of either affirming the feelings or dissuading the person about those feelings. Therapy for gender dysphoria -or for any other issue -should be for the purpose of clearing a path for the person to find their own answers, understand what they are experiencing and determine their own goals. The term "conversion therapy" is not usually applied to this matter, but I think that any sort of "treatment " that is in any way coercive would be just as criminal and damaging

To your second question, gender and gender identity is much more complicated than you seem to realize. First, there is growing evidence that there are underlying biological factors-including hormonal balances and subtle genetic (or epigenetic) factors in many transgender people. Those factors may not be readily apparent and may not be detected for years, if ever. In those cases, the person is not seeking to change their biological sex, but rather attempting to alter their bodies to conform more closely with what they feel that they are.

Sure there may be cases where no biological factors exist, or at least can't be detected. But gender identity is more than biology. It is what a person believes themselves to be and those beliefs are very powerful and should be respected. People can and do change their biological gender,-although not at the genetic level- and to tell them that they can't would be irresponsible.

I am an older, cisgender male who comes from a time when this issue was not on anyone's radar. But I have read, listened and learned and have come to the conclusion that all the hysteria about transpeople is ridiculous. So what if people want to change gender? So what if some people choose to be gender fluid or non binary? The sky will not fall. There is nothing to be so damned threatened about .

Once again thanks for your response. I agree that it shouldn't be an issue if a person wants to change their gender identity, I do think it should be alarming how easily young individuals are able to go on hormonal forms of medications without thought into underlying feeling on ones biological sex and gender along with gender stereotypes many young girls struggle with.

Thanks again and I fully respect your views on the subject.

Forum List

Back