Cool the planet, block the sunlight.

Regulate the amount of chaff released. Release it lower in the atmosphere.

The problem is, and we know this thanks to volcanic studies, is it takes months to years for stuff to filter out of the upper atmosphere.

What happens if after you do your little shade tree operation there is a major volcanic eruption?

We are near instantly back into an ice age.

And for what?

To cure a nonexistent problem?

The problem is, and we know this thanks to volcanic studies, is it takes months to years for stuff to filter out of the upper atmosphere.

What happens if after you do your little shade tree operation there is a major volcanic eruption?

We are near instantly back into an ice age.

And for what?

To cure a nonexistent problem?
We need to do this to see if it works.

What was the long-term effect of these eruptions on humanity?

It's still blocking out the sun and would be absolutely devastating to mankind. The fact of the matter is that civilization thrives during warm periods and is decimated during colder periods.
I'm suggesting that we 'tweek' the climate a little, not plunge us into an ice age. ;)

We need to do this to see if it works.

We're already doing this ... soot coming out the butt side of jet engines in the lower Stratosphere ... ground the airlines for a couple of days and the temperatures will spike a couple three degrees ... see temperatures across the United States between Sept 11th and Sept 14th, 2001 ...

You're suggestion is stupid and extremely dangerous. You simply do not comprehend science. You're a brainwashed fool.
I'm not 'brainwashed'. It's my idea (I have all sorts of great ideas). ;)

We're already doing this ... soot coming out the butt side of jet engines in the lower Stratosphere ... ground the airlines for a couple of days and the temperatures will spike a couple three degrees ... see temperatures across the United States between Sept 11th and Sept 14th, 2001 ...
Also, during the early days of the Covid shutdown many cities experienced cleaner air.

You don't have that level of control.

No man does.
That's a common attitude these days. "Well, we can't do anything about it so we'll just have to live with it."

One of my fishing holes was choked with water lilies. I researched ways to kill it and settled on salt. "They" (the experts) said salt would kill the fish as well. It didn't and I and others enjoyed great panfishing there until the weeds came back later in the summer. Conclusion: I was right and the 'experts' were wrong. :biggrin:

Last edited:
It's easier and cheaper to reduce the amount of sunlight hitting the earth than to reduce greenhouse gases. We can easily put light and heat reflecting materials into the upper atmosphere. This will also have the effect of reducing the amount of co2 in the air as cooler temps reduce the natural production of co2.
Not to mention it will wreak havoc on all of our communication satellites be reflecting all that EM signals used

Forum List

Back