🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cop drives 11 hours to surprise a boy with cancer...

Superman cop drives 11 hours to surprise boy with cancer WTVR.com

DALLAS, Tex. — With cops getting a lot of negative media attention lately, here’s a story that’s definitely positive. Senior Corporal Damon Cole with Dallas Police Department has a big “S” hiding underneath his uniform.

“I’m a part of a group called Heroes, Cops and Kids. It’s me and four other Dallas police officers,” Cole explained. “We dress up as superheroes and we go to schools, churches, hospitals and just interact with the community and kids.”

KDAF reports that Cole noticed a Facebook page about a seven-year-old boy with cancer named Bryce Schottel.

“I saw a post where they were wanting us to take pictures with the Team Bryce logo,” Cole said. “The family shows it to him whenever he does chemo, and stuff like that, to pick up his spirits.”

Cole decided that wasn’t enough, so he packed his cape and drove 11 hours to Smithton, Illinois to surprise him.

Lets show the police a little love. :thewave:
Where is the thread of an act of kindness by black folks?

This black guy opened the door of a convenience store for me today.

I screamed, "Please don't rob me!" :eek:
Wasn't that nice of yous?

I hate this touchy feely "how much do you care" contest. I'd rather see a good Cop who spends an uncomfortable 11 hours on a surveillance than a publicity hound who likes to dress as Spider Man to impress kids who are probably smarter than he is.

On a side note - you may want to check into why you have such an aversion to anything "touchy feely or how much do you care" - Whitewall. It seems to me you have quite a fear of your own emotions.
Emotions are good. I love my wife and my kids but I understand my job and my responsibilities. Dressing like Spider Man might get you 15 minutes of fame but 11 hours doing your freaking job might be a better idea. Leave the hollywood gimmicks to the pros.

Last edited:
I hate this touchy feely "how much do you care" contest. I'd rather see a good Cop who spends an uncomfortable 11 hours on a surveillance than a publicity hound who likes to dress as Spider Man to impress kids who are probably smarter than he is.

On a side note - you may want to check into why you have such an aversion to anything "touchy feely or how much do you care" - Whitewall. It seems to me you have quite a fear of your own emotions.
Emotions are good. I love my wife and my kids but I understand my job and my responsibilities. Dressing like Spider Man might get you 15 minutes of fame but 11 hours doing your freaking job might be a better idea. Leave the hollywood gimmicks to the pros.
Sorry but you are being an dumb here :/
I don’t believe that this was for 15 min of fame and there is nothing wrong with donating back to society when you have the time. This animosity for those that are simply trying to cheer a child up is unfounded.

How many innocent cooperative unarmed gentle black yutes did he murder on the trip? Great cover for him to drive through the country burying bodies of all the people Dallas PD murders.

Also...how many sick black kids did he pass on the trip huh? Racist could've visited them.

And...in case I missed anything...."shoulda tazed him shoulda shot him in the leg and didnt they know he was mentally ill"

On ignore you go. Bye bye. Morons.

DALLAS, Tex. — With cops getting a lot of negative media attention lately, here’s a story that’s definitely positive. Senior Corporal Damon Cole with Dallas Police Department has a big “S” hiding underneath his uniform.

“I’m a part of a group called Heroes, Cops and Kids. It’s me and four other Dallas police officers,” Cole explained. “We dress up as superheroes and we go to schools, churches, hospitals and just interact with the community and kids.”

KDAF reports that Cole noticed a Facebook page about a seven-year-old boy with cancer named Bryce Schottel.

“I saw a post where they were wanting us to take pictures with the Team Bryce logo,” Cole said. “The family shows it to him whenever he does chemo, and stuff like that, to pick up his spirits.”

Cole decided that wasn’t enough, so he packed his cape and drove 11 hours to Smithton, Illinois to surprise him.

Where is the thread on the time I drove 18 hours to help someone. Or the thread where Ellen Degeneres never called a dying mans' pregnant wife to assure her everything everything would be alright after he was gone? In the same place. The place where no one will make any money.

I created a thread recently about police and firefighters visiting a 6 year old autistic boy on his birthday after nobody showed up to his party. Got about 2 responses. People really do suck. :lol:

I created a thread recently about police and firefighters visiting a 6 year old autistic boy on his birthday after nobody showed up to his party. Got about 2 responses. People really do suck. :lol:

Sorry but are you really expecting replies?
The stories are a nice read but there is nothing to discuss. Just be happy that you brought something positive here and that there are people reading it.

Forum List

Back