Cops in America taking a step back; less proactive; Crime spike?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
My neighbor is a current PD officer. And along with past coworkers I still keep up with, he said something that is growing within the ranks of cops: They are ready to say fuck it, disengage, and do only the bare minimum to get a check now.

Even if this cop isn't charged, his career and personal life are OVER as he knows it. For WHAT? 40-50K a year job? Most cops are thinking two things:

A) Punk thugs confront them all the time, every day, and it usually doesn't go wrong....
B) But it could. And any of them could be the next Ofc. Wilson

Crime is down, and has been for a decade or so. It happens to go along with 2 decades of policing being more proactive. Go figure.

Well, folks, we are gonna get what we wished for. That car load of thugs with guns who got pulled over by a white cop? Not anymore. Now they'll roam around town until they commit the crime they would have if not stopped.

The 1960's-1980's saw mostly "reactionary policing", and crime soared. Buckle up. We're going back to that.

I already see it here in Charleston, where cops have always been visible and proactive. I see FAR fewer riding around lately, but, have seen them in groups having dinner or just hanging out behind the Wal-Mart.

Cant say I blame them really. Give the people what they want. Disengage.

My neighbor is a current PD officer. And along with past coworkers I still keep up with, he said something that is growing within the ranks of cops: They are ready to say fuck it, disengage, and do only the bare minimum to get a check now.

OH NO!!!!

Even if this cop isn't charged, his career and personal life are OVER as he knows it. For WHAT? 40-50K a year job? Most cops are thinking two things:

OH NO he's still breathing and hasnt been charged with anything!! The Horror! And you know whats worse? He's getting paid time off for shooting an unarmed person can you believe the torment he's experiencing?

A) Punk thugs confront them all the time, every day, and it usually doesn't go wrong....
B) But it could. And any of them could be the next Ofc. Wilson

Could be the next Ofc Wilson? Oh dear, he gets a paycheck for not working, hasnt given his side of the story or even an incident report and the worst part is he gets to sit back and see the story line unfold on TV BEFORE giving his account. Thats terrible.

Crime is down, and has been for a decade or so. It happens to go along with 2 decades of policing being more proactive. Go figure.

Well, folks, we are gonna get what we wished for. That car load of thugs with guns who got pulled over by a white cop? Not anymore. Now they'll roam around town until they commit the crime they would have if not stopped.

Be afraid! If cops arent allowed to shoot up people without being criticized we're all in danger!

The 1960's-1980's saw mostly "reactionary policing", and crime soared. Buckle up. We're going back to that.

BOO!!!

Well, when the thugs realize that there is no longer much chance of getting caught, and little consequence, it will get ugly quick.

What we need is more community policing, more beat cops that walk the neighborhoods and get to know the residents and business owners. It should also be mandatory that every police officer is equipped with a camera on his uniform to drastically lower the level of police abuse as well as false accusations of abuse.

What we need less of are wanna be Rambos like the OP.

What we need is more community policing, more beat cops that walk the neighborhoods and get to know the residents and business owners. It should also be mandatory that every police officer is equipped with a camera on his uniform to drastically lower the level of police abuse as well as false accusations of abuse.

Then go sign up and be that kind of cop you chickenshit. You wont though. You're willing to bitch about how society polices itself, but you wont go do it yourself.

Police have tried "community policing". The community remains violent and out of control. The ghetto ones anyway.

SOme idiots think "Community Policing" means:

- Cops walk around hugging everyone
- You can talk shit to cops, and they don't do anything back
- Cops only give warnings for all non-violent crimes
- You can refuse a cop's lawful order...and he'll break out two nice cups of tea, pull up a table, and have a nice talk to negotiate an outcome with you

Then go sign up and be that kind of cop you chickenshit. You wont though. You're willing to bitch about how society polices itself, but you wont go do it yourself.

Police have tried "community policing". The community remains violent and out of control. The ghetto ones anyway.

Why arent you police? Too chicken shit?

Because by your posts you seem to be in constant fear lol

I was. Atlanta PD, 1991-1999.

I already see it here in Charleston, where cops have always been visible and proactive. I see FAR fewer riding around lately, but, have seen them in groups having dinner or just hanging out behind the Wal-Mart.

Cant say I blame them really. Give the people what they want. Disengage.

All they're good for is providing revenue for the state.

They couldn't care less about "justice" or "fairness"..just keep a steady flow of citizens (in other words $$$) into the already bloated system so they can justify their jobs.(and all the endless numbers of judges, prosecutors, clerks, bailiffs, guards etc..jobs.

It's all about $$$.

These bitches will arrest their own mother if the state told them to. They trade their integrity for a paycheck.
If guns were outlawed tomorrow, who would be out there confiscating guns?

When governments collapse who do you think the people go after first?
The ones who have been mistreating them the most.

I consider them the same as I do a rattlesnake. I don't want one near me EVER. For ANY reason. I'll handle my own business.

...and like a rattlesnake, if you scare one he'll kill you.
fuckem.

Well, when the thugs realize that there is no longer much chance of getting caught, and little consequence, it will get ugly quick.
When seconds count the police are minutes away.
A homeowner/business owner with a pistol is a better deterrent than some cops 30 minutes away..

You post really scared alot. You should see someone about that or up your dosage

And what is funnier is that Rot is in here saying the same thing plenty of blacks are saying right now but he doesnt like it when black people say it because...something something fanning flames yadda yadda.

But he fans no flames because sometimes things are about the subject and not the people who are discussing the subject

You post really scared alot. You should see someone about that or up your dosage

If you had seen a LOT of the ugliest side of humanity, and been shot at by them....and now realize that element is getting bolder and bolder, and cops are being smeared to the point of them disengaging....you'd be worried too.

And what is funnier is that Rot is in here saying the same thing plenty of blacks are saying right now but he doesnt like it when black people say it because...something something fanning flames yadda yadda.

But he fans no flames because sometimes things are about the subject and not the people who are discussing the subject

False dichotomy.
Man you REEEAAALLLY had to stretch for that.

Who is out there robbing, raping and murdering negroes?
Who commits the most crime in the nation?

What are the black on white crime rates vs white on black?

See the thread "The plague of Black on White crime" in the "Race" forum.

I have 35 or 40 recent cases (and hundreds more I'll post periodically) of EXCLUSIVELY black on white crimes.
Go find me 40...no.hell..make it 20 ...recent cases of white on black murder, rape, or robbery.

Otherwise save all that chirping and irrelevant chatter. You bring nothing coherent to the discussion

If you had seen a LOT of the ugliest side of humanity, and been shot at by them....and now realize that element is getting bolder and bolder, and cops are being smeared to the point of them disengaging....you'd be worried too.

No I realize that the older everyone gets their perception is always "things are getting worse" no matter what the topic

False dichotomy.

And what does that have to do with anything? Remember I'm not talking about criminals I'm talking about blacks and you seem to excuse harrassing every black person because of stats. Welp there goes your outrage. How did you put it? Oh yeah, if you scare them they'll kill you.

Now you are making excuses why thats ok. I was right.

I have 35 or 40 recent cases (and hundreds more I'll post periodically) of EXCLUSIVELY black on white crimes.
Go find me 40...no.hell..make it 20 ...recent cases of white on black murder, rape, or robbery.

Otherwise save all that chirping and irrelevant chatter. You bring nothing coherent to the discussion

What does crimes committed by criminals have to do with police harrassment of blacks who arent commiting crimes or are criminals?

See, you think because blacks committ crimes then hey! It makes sense to harrass all of them because something something

False dichotomy.

And what does that have to do with anything? Remember I'm not talking about criminals I'm talking about blacks and you seem to excuse harrassing every black person because of stats. Welp there goes your outrage. How did you put it? Oh yeah, if you scare them they'll kill you.

Now you are making excuses why thats ok. I was right.

What does crimes committed by criminals have to do with police harrassment of blacks who arent commiting crimes or are criminals?

See, you think because blacks committ crimes then hey! It makes sense to harrass all of them because something something

Ohhhh..I get it...you're playing games and not really sincere...It's all about me again..and you've desperately and clumsily misconstrued and purposely mischaracterized so you can grandstand and play to the crowd.

You're on your own now..Declare victory, call me names, I couldn't care less. You aren't going to lead me around by the nose playing stupid word games...
See ya.

Forum List

Back