Cops steal 360k from person's car

Most of the banks needed it.

But not all did. JP Morgan didn't. The banks that didn't were forced to take it not to stigmatize the banks that needed the capital.

Sure they did. JP and Bear wouldn't have worked.

We really didn't. Most of the banks that took the "bailout" didn't need it, they just did it because the regulators strongly suggested that, if they didn't, it would go bad for them in the future. We would have been better off if we had let the couple of big banks that were in trouble go under. Now we have even bigger banks that are even more critical to the economy, thus institutionalizing and endless round of bailouts.

Which banks didn't need it?

You are the financial expert, you tell me.

Keep in mind that only three or four big banks were ever in danger, and that not all of them got a bailout. The real danger was the collapse of the real estate market, and the fact that the government had pinned the entire economy to it for years.

I asked you a question, now answer it. Which banks didn't need a bailout?

Just remember.

Wearing a hoodie at night- Suspicious.

Carrying around $360,000 in a hidden compartment in your car - Not suspicious at all.

Welcome to Right Wing Bizarro World

cover.jpg

Just remember.

Carrying around $360,000 in a hidden compartment in your car - Not suspicious at all.

Poor comparison.

Neither is illegal and if the cash was in a secret compartment I'd like to know what cause the cops had to search the car.

Just remember.

Poor comparison.

Neither is illegal and if the cash was in a secret compartment I'd like to know what cause the cops had to search the car.

Maybe they got a tip. Maybe the guy was acting suspiciously when they got close to the compartment. Maybe he was acting erratically.

I'm sure if he can show the pay stubs that prove that he got that money on the up and up, he'd be fine.

Just remember.

Poor comparison.

Maybe they got a tip. Maybe the guy was acting suspiciously when they got close to the compartment. Maybe he was acting erratically.

I'm sure if he can show the pay stubs that prove that he got that money on the up and up, he'd be fine.

If having cash is not a crime then he shouldn't have to prove anything.

The burden of proof is on the cops not their victims.

Poor comparison.

If he can't account for how he earned that money, he is guilty of income tax evasion.

That's a crime.

If he can't account for how he earned that money, he is guilty of income tax evasion.

That's a crime.

You do not have to prove you earned the money you are carrying.

Where did you get the $1.37 in your pocket? You have to prove you earned it or you're going away for tax evasion.

And since when did the local doughnut eaters become the dept of revenue?

Just remember.

cover.jpg

It doesn't matter if it is suspicious, it isn't illegal, unlike attacking someone because you think he is following you.

Just remember.

Poor comparison.

I am sure you are completely ignorant about the way the government works. I suggest you educate yourself before you comment on the issue in the future, you can start by reading some of the examples the ACLU has on their website.

Asset Forfeiture Abuse | American Civil Liberties Union

Then you can read what about happens when people go to banks to get cash, and can prove it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/20/asset-forfeiture-wisconsin-bail-confiscated_n_1522328.html

Don't you think cops would know that cash almost always has drug reside on it? Especially if you get it out of an ATM? Why would they use drugs to sniff money brought in for bail? Is it possible they wanted more money to spend on shiny toys?

That's a crime.

Not true, but thanks for displaying your abysmal ignorance, stupidity, and knee jerk attempts to defend the government in all things.

That's a crime.

Where did you get the $1.37 in your pocket? You have to prove you earned it or you're going away for tax evasion.

Since the government figured out that taking cash from innocent people, and then making them prove the cash didn't commit a crime, is a great way to get money for the police department.

That's a crime.

I could show you a pay stub I got from any one of my three jobs that more than covers it.

In fact, I'm pretty meticulous in accounting for all of my money, even the third job (resume writing) which is largely a cash business.

That's a crime.

Since the government figured out that taking cash from innocent people, and then making them prove the cash didn't commit a crime, is a great way to get money for the police department.

Yes, it is. But that's not what happened here.

Poor comparison.

I am sure you are completely ignorant about the way the government works. I suggest you educate yourself before you comment on the issue in the future, you can start by reading some of the examples the ACLU has on their website.

Then you can read what about happens when people go to banks to get cash, and can prove it.

Under Asset Forfeiture Law, Wisconsin Cops Confiscate Families' Bail Money

Don't you think cops would know that cash almost always has drug reside on it? Especially if you get it out of an ATM? Why would they use drugs to sniff money brought in for bail? Is it possible they wanted more money to spend on shiny toys?

Actually, you can't get 360K out of an ATM. Any cash withdrawl over 10K has to be reported.

Again, all this concern about a guy who was up to no good. Why do you care?

Oh, yeah, the Gummit is out to get you. That's what the voices in your head told you.

They have medications for those, you know.

That's a crime.

I could show you a pay stub I got from any one of my three jobs that more than covers it.

In fact, I'm pretty meticulous in accounting for all of my money, even the third job (resume writing) which is largely a cash business.

Yeah. You must be the only person who carries a month worth of pay stubs on him at all times.

Yeah. You must be the only person who carries a month worth of pay stubs on him at all times.

Actually, all I would really need to do is call up my bank account on my laptop, and that would account for all my money.

These confiscation laws are an OBVIOUS violation of the 5th amendment.

Nevertheless, the SCOTUS has given these violations of the constitution a pass.

Welcome to the POLICE STATE.

FWIW, the POLICE STATE existed long before 9-11.

It was founded mostly on the RICO laws and then perfected thanks to the "War on Drugs".

Most American approved of the CHAINS they forged around our necks because they imagined that violating the constitutional rights of MAFIA DONS and (then later) dopers would NEVER EFFECT them.

50 years later in police state AmeriKKKA the explanation for our enslavement reads something like this:

First they came for the Mafiaso, and I was not a Mafiaso I did not complain...

Then they came for the dopers, and since I was not a doper I did not complain...

Poor comparison.

Under Asset Forfeiture Law, Wisconsin Cops Confiscate Families' Bail Money

Joey is not ignorant...Joey is a dangerous mix of EVIL and STUPID.

Forum List

Back