Cops: We are leaving

Several times in the past when an officer pulled somebody over for 8 miles over the speed limit, they found illegal guns, warrants on the driver or passengers, illegal narcotics, suspended drivers licenses, DUI"s.

Actually, you can't search a vehicle just because it was speeding. Probable cause.
True, but....... "I smell weed.":rolleyes:

Super article:

The mentally ill used to get treatment and now they just send cops. Kids used to be taught respect and now it’s cool to be disrespectful.

Supervisors used to back you when you were right but now they accuse you of being wrong in order to appease crazy people.

Parents used to get mad at their kids for getting arrested and now they get mad at us.

The media used to highlight the positive contribution our profession gave to society and now they either ignore it or twist the truth for controversy to line their own pockets.

Great article.

We are throwing away a great asset.

Because of a bunch of ignorant assholes.

All these points you've made about how things used to be. Ain't necessarily so like the song sez. I'm remembering back to the '50's and '60's. It all depended on where you lived and your social social/financial status. I believe cops aren't as bad now as back then but only because they have too many gadgets like body cams, and everybody has cameras on their phones to keep them in line. Still, some were great guys, some were real mean sum'bitches.

You guys should look up 1st amendment auditors on YouTube, you can see some of the issues some cops and some citizens have with being on camera.
It gets interesting.

Several times in the past when an officer pulled somebody over for 8 miles over the speed limit, they found illegal guns, warrants on the driver or passengers, illegal narcotics, suspended drivers licenses, DUI"s.

Actually, you can't search a vehicle just because it was speeding. Probable cause.

I never made that claim. But if an officer finds somebody with an expired license or a warrant, that gives him the right to have the car towed, and of course, be searched. While you can't physically search the car simply because, a gun on the floor of the vehicle certainly gives an officer reasons to ask questions. If nobody in the vehicle has a license to have a loaded weapon in the car, it's illegal to be having one in arms reach--at least in my state.

Fucking retarded people who somehow think we can do this differently.

They show us how by becoming lawless.....yeah, makes me want to get rid of the police.

dumbasses

Fucking retarded people who somehow think we can do this differently.

They show us how by becoming lawless.....yeah, makes me want to get rid of the police.

dumbasses

What's happening here is the total destruction of private businesses and public property. This his how liberals try to solve a problem. We conservatives have a different take on this: If you want to stop the problem of blacks dying with interactions with police, the solution to the problem is simple: Obey all police commands. Well........simple for us conservatives, but liberals lack logic. They would rather burn their own cities down, light police cars on fire, murder police officers, and chase businesses out of their area with looting. Funny thing though is, it doesn't solve anything.

This is not a matter of police vs criminal, black vs white, conservative vs liberal. It's actually about logic vs lack of logic.

Super article:

The mentally ill used to get treatment and now they just send cops. Kids used to be taught respect and now it’s cool to be disrespectful.

Supervisors used to back you when you were right but now they accuse you of being wrong in order to appease crazy people.

Parents used to get mad at their kids for getting arrested and now they get mad at us.

The media used to highlight the positive contribution our profession gave to society and now they either ignore it or twist the truth for controversy to line their own pockets.

Great article.

We are throwing away a great asset.

Because of a bunch of ignorant assholes.

All these points you've made about how things used to be. Ain't necessarily so like the song sez. I'm remembering back to the '50's and '60's. It all depended on where you lived and your social social/financial status. I believe cops aren't as bad now as back then but only because they have too many gadgets like body cams, and everybody has cameras on their phones to keep them in line. Still, some were great guys, some were real mean sum'bitches.

Not sure what you are talking about.

This is a policeman speaking...not me.

The chicago police were filmed beating the shit out of protesters in 1968 (DEM National Convention). It sparked some protests and calls for change. Chicago told the rest of the country to go fuck itself.

What would have happened if a 17-year-old wasn't recording the George Floyd incident? What would the police report have said?

Does anyone think the police report would have said that Chauvin kneeled on Floyd's neck for close to 9 minutes including 3 minutes after he had gone unconscious? Would the other three officers give statements that they stood by and did nothing while Chauvin slowly murdered Floyd?

I'm highly skeptical that anything would have happened if not for a teenager recording the incident. I wonder how many incidents like this happen, without any consequences, when someone isn't there to record it.

The "good cops" are doing a terrible job of reporting the "bad cops" and there is a lack of transparency. Getting rid of police is obviously not the answer, but it's long past time to demand changes to the way they operate. If these ones don't want to be part of the solution, then good riddance.

What would have happened if a 17-year-old wasn't recording the George Floyd incident? What would the police report have said?

Does anyone think the police report would have said that Chauvin kneeled on Floyd's neck for close to 9 minutes including 3 minutes after he had gone unconscious? Would the other three officers give statements that they stood by and did nothing while Chauvin slowly murdered Floyd?

I'm highly skeptical that anything would have happened if not for a teenager recording the incident. I wonder how many incidents like this happen, without any consequences, when someone isn't there to record it.

The "good cops" are doing a terrible job of reporting the "bad cops" and there is a lack of transparency. Getting rid of police is obviously not the answer, but it's long past time to demand changes to the way they operate. If these ones don't want to be part of the solution, then good riddance.
Kneeling on Floyd's neck isn't what killed him.

Kneeling on Floyd's neck isn't what killed him.

"Attorneys for Floyd's family released the results of an independent autopsy report Monday afternoon showing that Floyd's death was caused by asphyxia due to neck and back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain."

Anytime a suspect dies in custody of a police officer, it is investigated throughly. One of the officers said he asked the cop kneeling on his neck if he should get off it, and his reply was no. The officer was a rookie and the cop kneeling on his neck had a much higher rank. There was really nothing he could do, and because of that, he was arrested.

Generally,

You lose the ones you want.

And keep the ones you'd rather be rid of.

This is a general statement...I've seen it time and time again especially in voluntary retirement campaigns. A lot of good experience walks out the door.

As you have fewer people, it becomes even harder to justify the additional separations yous need to achieve.

Anytime a suspect dies in custody of a police officer, it is investigated throughly. One of the officers said he asked the cop kneeling on his neck if he should get off it, and his reply was no. The officer was a rookie and the cop kneeling on his neck had a much higher rank. There was really nothing he could do, and because of that, he was arrested.

He WAS a rookie.

Now he IS a scapegoat.

He WAS a rookie.

Now he IS a scapegoat.

The problem is the other officers had nothing to do with Floyd's death. They were only holding his legs down which is procedure for restraining an out of control suspect. In essence, they were arrested and charged for doing their job exactly how they were trained. This is the problem when you're a cop working in a commie city. I hope when they are found not guilty, they sue that city into bankruptcy.

"Investigated thoroughly"

Sorry, I don't believe it. They would have come up with some story and they all would have gone along with it to save themselves from getting fired and prosecuted.

The problem is the other officers had nothing to do with Floyd's death. They were only holding his legs down which is procedure for restraining an out of control suspect. In essence, they were arrested and charged for doing their job exactly how they were trained. This is the problem when you're a cop working in a commie city. I hope when they are found not guilty, they sue that city into bankruptcy.

The people watching were screaming at them to let him go. Floyd was pleading for his life.

The other three officers did NOTHING while Chauvin slowly murdered Floyd right in front of them.

We need better officers than that.

Forum List

Back