Correct me if I'm wrong...

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
It's been a while since I had to renew my ID. If I remember correctly, they put a sticker on your expired ID stating that you were approved for a new ID and it's in the mail. This allows you to use it like valid ID, I believe. Is this correct?

It's been a while since I had to renew my ID. If I remember correctly, they put a sticker on your expired ID stating that you were approved for a new ID and it's in the mail. This allows you to use it like valid ID, I believe. Is this correct?
depends where you live.

In PA they punch holes in your old id after you pay fro a new one

If by ID you mean driver's license, in Ohio I just go to the BMV and walk out with a new license.

I don't know I got my drivers I'D in south Carolina in 2004 , it's good till 2023..

I always wondered back then if I would live that long?

I don't know I got my drivers I'D in south Carolina in 2004 , it's good till 2023..

I like that. I go back every 4 years. No big deal, If I remember correctly it costs me like 12 bucks. Of course I have to wonder if after 19 years anyone would believe the picture is actually me.

I like that. I go back every 4 years. No big deal, If I remember correctly it costs me like 12 bucks. Of course I have to wonder if after 19 years anyone would believe the picture is actually me.

I didn't check your profile..iillionis guy?

Used to be I hated it , tthats why I was stunned knowing I only had to go back in 20 years ..

Used to be I hated it , tthats why I was stunned knowing I only had to go back in 20 years ..
Ohio. I have to admit I've never heard 20 years. You'd think they'd be concerned about not having recent photos, but hey if it works. How about license plates? I used to be able to opt for 2 years but we now have an echeck program and the last time I got plates they didn't have the option for 2 years. I have to go every year. Fortunately I live a bit outside the large city, Cleveland, and have a little used office near me. I'm in and out in 20 minutes-1/2 hour, still a hassle.

• Banned

I used to have a Nevada ID. They never expire. And I was refering to a regular ID. Not a DL.

If by ID you mean driver's license, in Ohio I just go to the BMV and walk out with a new license.
They mail them to you now. They say it's for a background check. Thanks, ISIS

Forum List

Back