Corvette Z06 blows engine after 53 miles

Should Chevy repair or replace the engine? It matters for collectibility

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Interesting what will happen now. Will Chevy try and blame the owner?

I saw that, yesterday as I subscibe to Lehto's Law channel on YouTube.
No telling what happened or what went wrong and without knowing, no telling how the company will handle. Interesting, that the value of the car is significantly devalued by replacing the engine (if that is what is necessary) at whoever's expense, 53 miles off the lot.

No telling what happened or what went wrong and without knowing, no telling how the company will handle. Interesting, that the value of the car is significantly devalued by replacing the engine (if that is what is necessary) at whoever's expense, 53 miles off the lot.

Isn’t a new car under warranty?

I suspect that the car's computer will be equipped to reveal deliberate foul play by the owner. That could be high RPM over a sustained period of time.
Wouldn't you suspect that too?

/——/ Lehto indicated Chevy could blame the driver for racing the engine before break in.
No, something more definitive than just racing the engine. How about something like 10K RPM over a couple of minutes? The car's computer will have that evidence down pat.

Certainly and I have no doubt of it being fixed. I get the impression if, motor is replaced, or repair go beyond a certain dollar value by whoever, the serial number no longer match up and that in and of itself reduces value as a collector car, which many of these become, almost immediately. I watch Lehto, a lot, as he often has some pretty interesting legal stories. He is a minor car guy, himself and much more attuned. As is the case with him, this one will undoubtedly have a follow-up story.

I suspect that the car's computer will be equipped to reveal deliberate foul play by the owner. That could be high RPM over a sustained period of time.
Wouldn't you suspect that too?
Like Lehto said, interesting the owner would admit to getting on it a little, in the information he put out at this stage of the issue. To me it sounded almost like daring to the company to take action or not take action, as no company wants a president setting action on their signature high performance icon car.

No, something more definitive than just racing the engine. How about something like 10K RPM over a couple of minutes? The car's computer will have that evidence down pat.
No worries. The moron probably has a vid he shared with his 4997 farcebook "friends" and TickTacky.
Tweet Tweet motherfuckers !

Like Lehto said, interesting the owner would admit to getting on it a little, in the information he put out at this stage of the issue. To me it sounded almost like daring to the company to take action or not take action, as no company wants a president setting action on their signature high performance icon car.
Again it would be the manufacturer admitting its high performance car shouldn‘t be pressed for high performance.

/-----/ Yes, but there are exceptions.
Your warranty obligations
• Don’t compete in any form of competitive motorsport
• Don’t conduct off-road torture tests beyond the vehicle’s capability
• Don’t modify the crap out of the car
• Don’t just cross your fingers and hope for the best when the car has an obvious problem
• Don’t DIY unless your day job actually is vehicle servicing and repair
• Don’t fill up at a service station with a shonky reputation for fuel quality
• Don’t tow too much or carry too much

Forum List

Back