Cory Booker: “If I Had The Power” To Ban Guns “I Would”

Actually, we put a lot more cops on the street, we did a lot more proactive policing. We also got rid of a lot of the units, like the one Van Dyke was in, that just pissed off the community.

By your own admission, the police turn people who were caught illegally carrying a firearm loose because of the overcrowding prison system. So what good did more cops do if that's the case?

Still really bad... but the gun homicide rate alone is 14,000.

Keep in mind, the TOTAL homicide rate in the UK is 600 with only 50 of those being with guns.

In Japan it's 600 with the total from guns being 4.

You care comparing entirely different cultures of people Joe, and then say it must be the guns and not them.

If you go to most any wealthy area in our country, murder is almost nonexistent if not totally non-existent. Same with upper middle-class, and even white middle-class.

If you made it law that everybody in Beverly Hills must own a firearm, guess what? Their murder rate will be the same as before the law went into effect. That's because (as we've said so many times) the guns don't kill people, only people kill other people.

23,000 of those "gun deaths" are SUICIDES. The rest are mostly inner city Black on Black violence by CRIMINALS using guns. The few left are statistically insignificant in a country of 330 MILLION.

The 2A says the RIGHT of the PEOPLE to Keep and Bear Arms, not the right of the militia nor the government. Can you read? Nobody is forcing you to own guns. Leave mine alone. They've never hurt anyone.

Given the absolute lack of regard you have for the victims of gun violence, I'm not too keen on letting you have them.

The part I read was "Well Regulated Militia". You guys are not a well-regulated militia.

You care comparing entirely different cultures of people Joe, and then say it must be the guns and not them.

If you go to most any wealthy area in our country, murder is almost nonexistent if not totally non-existent. Same with upper middle-class, and even white middle-class.

Look, man, I know you lack compassion for people of color.. but those other countries have darkies, too.

Funny thing. They don't have guns, they don't have our levels of violence.

By your own admission, the police turn people who were caught illegally carrying a firearm loose because of the overcrowding prison system. So what good did more cops do if that's the case?

I didn't admit that... that's what the City claims when they whine why they can't do their jobs.

The Centers for Disease Control....1.1 million defensive uses of guns a year.....Department of Justice.....1.5 million.....and those are only two.....out of 17....

And they are all still bullshit.

Again, if you had 1.5 million DGU's, you'd have THOUSANDS of dead criminals, not a few hundred. Just simple fucking math. If someone is desperate enough to commit a crime, a decent percentage of them are going to try to see if you have the balls to fire that gun.

I didn't admit that... that's what the City claims when they whine why they can't do their jobs.

"The best thing about telling the truth is you never have to remember what you said."
Author unknown

You didn't say that Joe. Here is what you said in post 445

Because we don't have room to lock them all up. Sorry you don't get this. Cook County jail is full, so are most of the prisons.

You made no mention that you were conveying what the police or city said. The statement you made is what you believe.

Last edited:

Look, man, I know you lack compassion for people of color.. but those other countries have darkies, too.

No country is nearly as diverse as ours. Most of our violent crime does come from people of color. You just can't admit that in spite of us posting statistic after statistic.

Do you think we don't have people who came here from Japan or Great Britain? How many murders have you seen from these people now that they have complete access to firearms like any other American?

The Centers for Disease Control....1.1 million defensive uses of guns a year.....Department of Justice.....1.5 million.....and those are only two.....out of 17....

And they are all still bullshit.

Again, if you had 1.5 million DGU's, you'd have THOUSANDS of dead criminals, not a few hundred. Just simple fucking math. If someone is desperate enough to commit a crime, a decent percentage of them are going to try to see if you have the balls to fire that gun.

Moron.....the dumbest criminal out there is far smarter than you......when their victim produces a gun, they run away, or surrender, since the point is to victimize the victim, not go down in a blaze of glory. That is why there are only about 250 really stupid criminals who press the attack each year against armed normal people...who then have to shoot the morons who are too stupid to run away or surrender....and unlucky that they are killed instead of simply wounded...

No country is nearly as diverse as ours. Most of our violent crime does come from people of color. You just can't admit that in spite of us posting statistic after statistic.

Do you think we don't have people who came here from Japan or Great Britain? How many murders have you seen from these people now that they have complete access to firearms like any other American?

And the only reason Blacks and hispanics commit so much crime is their out of wedlock birthrates are so high....courtesy of the democrats and the Great Society. Fatherless homes in the Black and hispanic communities are driving the crime rates here.......and are now driving the crime rates in Europe.

"The best thing about telling the truth is you never have to remember what you said."
Author unknown

You didn't say that Joe. Here is what you said in post 445

Because we don't have room to lock them all up. Sorry you don't get this. Cook County jail is full, so are most of the prisons.

You made no mention that you were conveying what the police or city said. The statement you made is what you believe.

Guy, I'm sorry your reading comprehension skills are so poor. What I clearly said was that we don't have room in jail to lock people up, not that the gun offenders were being let go. Sorry you can't see the difference.

And the only reason Blacks and hispanics commit so much crime is their out of wedlock birthrates are so high....courtesy of the democrats and the Great Society. Fatherless homes in the Black and hispanic communities are driving the crime rates here.......and are now driving the crime rates in Europe.

um, no the reason crime rates are so high is because of easy access to guns.

You remind me of the joke about the Polish Scientists, who cut off one leg off a frog at a time and yelled jump, and when he cut off all four legs and yelled "Jump", he concluded a frog with no legs is deaf.

Dylan Roof had two parents. Adam Lanza had two parents.

The problem with you gun nuts is that you try to come up with any excuse for gun violence EXCEPT for guns.

23,000 of those "gun deaths" are SUICIDES. The rest are mostly inner city Black on Black violence by CRIMINALS using guns. The few left are statistically insignificant in a country of 330 MILLION.

The 2A says the RIGHT of the PEOPLE to Keep and Bear Arms, not the right of the militia nor the government. Can you read? Nobody is forcing you to own guns. Leave mine alone. They've never hurt anyone.

Given the absolute lack of regard you have for the victims of gun violence, I'm not too keen on letting you have them.

The part I read was "Well Regulated Militia". You guys are not a well-regulated militia.
That is precisely the problem.

You only read part of the second amendment not the whole thing

Moron.....the dumbest criminal out there is far smarter than you......when their victim produces a gun, they run away, or surrender, since the point is to victimize the victim, not go down in a blaze of glory.

So what you are telling me here is that 99.998% of drug addled, desperate criminals are going to totally shrink away from the mere sight of a gun being nervously handled by a scared white person.

Yeah, still seem pretty unlikely.

You remind me of the joke about the Polish Scientists, who cut off one leg off a frog at a time and yelled jump, and when he cut off all four legs and yelled "Jump", he concluded a frog with no legs is deaf.

The problem with you gun nuts is that you try to come up with any excuse for gun violence EXCEPT for guns.
That is because it is easily proven that guns are not the cause of or reason for crime

Americans have always been heavily armed but crime not so high

Moron, The Swiss have fully automatic military rifles in their homes and low crime rates of all kinds.......fatherless homes create crime and poverty....and murder.

Moron, you don't even study the topic....the Sandy Hook shooter came from a broken home with a single mother trying to raise a deeply troubled male child....

Moron.....the Church shooter also came from a broken home...you moron, you post without actually understanding anything about the issue, you moron...

born in Columbia, South Carolina, to Franklin Bennett (called Bennett) Roof, a carpenter and a construction contractor,[9] and Amelia "Amy" Cowles, a bartender. His parents had divorced but were temporarily reconciled at the time of his birth. When Roof was five,[10] his father married Paige Mann (née Hastings) in November 1999; they divorced after ten years of marriage. Roof has two siblings, an older half sister[11] and a younger sister, Morgan Roof.[12] Bennett Roof was allegedly verbally and physically abusive toward Mann.[11][13][14][15][16] The family mostly lived in South Carolina, though from about 2005 to 2008, they temporarily moved to the Florida Keys. There is no information about Roof attending local schools there.[17]

According to a 2009 affidavit filed for Mann's divorce, Roof exhibited "obsessive compulsive behavior" as he grew up, obsessing over germs and insisting on having his hair cut in a certain style.[13] When he was in middle school, he exhibited an interest in smoking marijuana, having once been caught spending money on it.[10]

In nine years, Roof attended at least seven schools in two South Carolina counties, including White Knoll High School in Lexington, in which he repeated the ninth grade, finishing it in another school. He apparently stopped attending classes in 2010 and, according to his family, dropped out of school and spent his time alternating between playing video games and taking drugs, such as Suboxone.[10][11][13][18][19] He was on the rolls of a local Evangelical Lutheran congregation, but it was unclear if he had recently attended.[20]

Moron.....the dumbest criminal out there is far smarter than you......when their victim produces a gun, they run away, or surrender, since the point is to victimize the victim, not go down in a blaze of glory.

So what you are telling me here is that 99.998% of drug addled, desperate criminals are going to totally shrink away from the mere sight of a gun being nervously handled by a scared white person.

Yeah, still seem pretty unlikely.

Yes...you moron.....they are not soldiers, they are criminals, looking for easy victims, which is why they don't walk into police stations and shoot people but prey on single men, single women and the elderly, as well as children........and attack people from ambush............you moron. They are predators, not soldiers, they seek easy victims not heroic battle. Only 250 really stupid ones push an attack against armed people and pay the price...

That is because it is easily proven that guns are not the cause of or reason for crime

America has never been as heavily armed as it is now. In the 1950's, there were only 40 million guns in private hands in a population of about 150 Million. Most of these were simple handguns or hunting rifles.

Today, we have 300 million guns in a population of 300 million. Ironically, the worst thing that happened to the gun industry was Donald Trump getting elected, because they can no longer use the "Obama's gonna take your guns any minute now, so you'd better stock up on more!"

Yes...you moron.....they are not soldiers, they are criminals, looking for easy victims, which is why they don't walk into police stations and shoot people but prey on single men, single women and the elderly, as well as children........and attack people from ambush............you moron. They are predators, not soldiers, they seek easy victims not heroic battle. Only 250 really stupid ones push an attack against armed people and pay the price...

Again, very unlikely... We are talking percentages, here buddy.

let's take your conservative 1.1 million number.

1,100,000 - 250 = 1,099,750 times a criminal ran away. It would also be 1,099,750 times a gun owner kept his or her composure and go full Zimmerman and start shooting people randomly.

Math is not your friend here, buddy.

America has never been as heavily armed as it is now. In the 1950's, there were only 40 million guns in private hands in a population of about 150 Million. Most of these were simple handguns or hunting rifles.

Today, we have 300 million guns in a population of 300 million. Ironically, the worst thing that happened to the gun industry was Donald Trump getting elected, because they can no longer use the "Obama's gonna take your guns any minute now, so you'd better stock up on more!"

Yes......but access to guns was easier in the old days, but we had more intact families in all racial groups.......intact families civilize young males and channel aggression into jobs and families........rather than violence.

And even with more guns, we have less gun murder..........you can't explain that....

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Forum List

Back