Costco is Overrated

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I wanted to like Costco I really do, but I don't see the value in it. I heard how they treat their employees and that is a plus in my book, but they still need a good product. I decided to pay the $60 and join up looking to get savings for buying in bulk. I was shocked that their prices aren't so great. Chicken cost 2.99 a LB, you get 1.99 at Target, Walmart and Marianos. Lettuce, fruit and vegs cost more. My vitamins and Flaxseed pills cost more. The milk cost more than Marianos. The alcohol is insanely priced and the electronics are either higher or at par with other stores.

A lower quality fruit snack and goldfish crackers are really the only items that had good savings. You save $0.45 when you buy two large apple juices.

I ask myself each time were are the savings? I can't find them. What I do is go there even now and again for lunch ($1.50 footlong Polish with drink is a great deal) and grab fruit snacks and apple juice that is it.

Oh and what really drives me nuts is no bags. Just some boxes. Can't stand that. It's precisely why I don't shop at Aldi.

Forum List

Back