Could all Religions Come Together?

It is not Revelation that is rude...it is the interpretation that misses the intent of the original author, just as the quotes from Zechariah and Isaiah miss the intent of the original authors.
Don't get me started on the NT. ESPECIALLY John. The most antisemitic of the bunch.

So let's review the thread:

All religions can come together, as long as everyone believes exactly the same iron aged nonsense you believe.

or, what they are saying is the different religions can meet together - to worship their individual deity - instead of there being a single deity ... the absurdity arises when they all claim to be monotheistic.

and of course - not worshiping rather accomplishing the goal set by the heavens to free their spirits - necessary for judgment - being the purpose for entry to the everlasting.

Don't get me started on the NT. ESPECIALLY John. The most antisemitic of the bunch.
IMHO?

Anti-Judaism is the issue, not anti-Semitism, a term which was coined by Hitler.

They were not nearly as concerned with converts from Judaism until evil caught them deeply, so it is a clear conceptual dichotomous conundrum to use the term anti-Semitism. The Nuremburg laws were written with Judaism in mind.

To use the Christ's words back on those who proselytize to the house of Judah. "They know not what they do."

Baruch HaShem.
Did Christ ever say that to someone who was proselytizing to the house of Judah? Did He say it to Simon Peter? Matthew?
That phrase was aimed at Jews and Romans...

Jesus proselytized to the Jews. Over and Over and Over. They treated Him like Lisa treats Christians...

Because you have a need for Jesus's teachings. Jesus believed that man could not save themselves being wrought in original sin and he took the sins of man from then on.

That being said, when Eve ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good/evil, she did not know sin, she was still in innocence before she ate it.

So, the house of Judah does not believe in original sin. We were innocent of sin. But Eve, after eating the apple had her eyes opened and realized that this is what G-d wanted, and so handed it to Adam, who still being innocent could not create a sin from within.
Whatever you call the self interested biases that separate man from each other. Buddhists call this karma from ego and material attachments. Christians call it mammon, coveting and generational conditions even curses that pass down from generation to generation.

I met an Atheist who didn't get original sin but totally understood that the evolutionary advent of ego causes the downfall of man.

What do you call this conditioning in Judah's terms?

Do you acknowledge that no human being like us can be perfectly and equally biased or unbiased towards all others? By our lack of omniscience?

Did Christ ever say that to someone who was proselytizing to the house of Judah? Did He say it to Simon Peter? Matthew?

Of course not. They were to spread the word, become fishers of men and spread the seed.

Jesus proselytized to the Jews. Over and Over and Over.

Of course he did.

That's why he was removed long before Herod the anti-Pater (anti-Father) dealt with this. He was an outcast to Judaism.

Why do you believe that? Perhaps start with a single teaching? For example, Revelation is a denunciation of Rome, not of anyone else. I am confused how a denunciation of Rome is antisemitic?

Jesus proselytized to the Jews. Over and Over and Over. They treated Him like Lisa treats Christians...
I treat Christiana just fine. My “crime” in your mind is pushing back against Evangelicals harassing Jews. Fortunately, Christians like you are in the minority. I’ve found most to be respectful of others’ religious beliefs.

And just listen to you with your dripping contempt about how Jews treated Jesus. You couldn’t disguise your disdain toward Jews even if you tried.

Why do you believe that? Perhaps start with a single teaching? For example, Revelation is a denunciation of Rome, not of anyone else. I am confused how a denunciation of Rome is antisemitic?
Revelation says the stubborn Jews who won’t convert go to hell at the end. That’s pretty antisemitic.

P.S. You’ve been respectful of my beliefs, as are most Christians. My annoyance is strictly for aggressive Evangelicals who get very testy when a Jew refuses to reject Judaism.

Anybody can believe in Jesus, that is why you have Messianic Jews. They are Jews that believe that Jesus actually is the Messiah. Hate them too do ya?
anyone can believe in Buddha too----or Muhummad,
or that jerk in Guyana----Jim Jones. HUMANS are
attracted to cults. Some cults are very dangerous
It is not Revelation that is rude...it is the interpretation that misses the intent of the original author, just as the quotes from Zechariah and Isaiah miss the intent of the original authors.
just what the "john" who is said to have written
"revelations" had in mind is not clear to me---but
that the words of Isaiah and Zechariah have been
MUTILATED-----<<< that is clear

I treat Christiana just fine. My “crime” in your mind is pushing back against Evangelicals harassing Jews. Fortunately, Christians like you are in the minority. I’ve found most to be respectful of others’ religious beliefs.

And just listen to you with your dripping contempt about how Jews treated Jesus. You couldn’t disguise your disdain toward Jews even if you tried.
there is not a word in the NT that can CREDIBLY be
attributed to Jesus that amounts to PROSELYTIZING
to jews

Whatever you call the self interested biases that separate man from each other. Buddhists call this karma from ego and material attachments. Christians call it mammon, coveting and generational conditions even curses that pass down from generation to generation.

Mankind following mankind is the issue. We are created all of the same stuff and the only difference between Jews and the rest of the world is that Jews have a covenant with G-d to perform duties. Noahides have their own laws from G-d and Christians have their own covenant with Jesus who is their intermediary to G-d while Islam has their own covenant with Allah and as such, Ishmael has lost his place yet still follows some commandments of G-d from the days of Ishmael and his mother, the Egyptian servant Hagar.

I met an Atheist who didn't get original sin but totally understood that the evolutionary advent of ego causes the downfall of man.

IMO Do not put your trust in man.

What do you call this conditioning in Judah's terms?

Do you acknowledge that no human being like us can be perfectly and equally biased or unbiased towards all others? By our lack of omniscience?

G-d will judge and create revenge if forgiveness is not found at the table. Those who do not forgive, will in turn find that their own sins will not be forgiven. This is a main reason as to why Jews fear G-d's judgement and continue to seek teshuva (repentance).

So, there's going to be a whole lotta forgiving going on at that space in time.

there is not a word in the NT that can CREDIBLY be
attributed to Jesus that amounts to PROSELYTIZING
to jews
How so? The Evangelicals like Irish Ram think they’ve been told to spread the word, and then they get really nasty when a Jew objects to be harassed repeatedly with it.

Just look at that nasty Yeshua slap she just gave me. She KNOWS that Jews don’t want to hear about Yeshua, and she just keeps pounding away.

Thanks. It’s hard to keep that in mind, but I’ll try: She speaks out of ignorance.

I find it easy to keep in mind. Much confusion will end when Mashiach comes and the unveiling of lies is complete.

There will be no place for lies when everyone knows that they are lies. This is the thing ha-Satan did not tell us. We would know good and evil but we would not so easily interpret the acts of same.

While when Mashiach comes, this will all be internally known.

Revelation says the stubborn Jews who won’t convert go to hell at the end. That’s pretty antisemitic.
I know Revelation pretty well. I don't recall John writing anything of the sort. John wrote Revelation during the Roman persecution of Christians. He used the literary form of apocalyptic literature that was common at that time among Jews. It contained Biblical references Jews would understand but would go right over the heads of the Roman persecutors. He was reminding his readers of well-known persecution of the Jews where God came through victorious, and that God would be victorious over the Roman persecutions.

Just a guess, but are you speaking of the Lake of Fire or the Birds that Fly in mid Heaven? John uses the same imagery as Ezekiel did about Gog and Magog. He also uses imagery from Daniel. John is picturing that same destruction to the forces of Rome who were persecuting Christians and forcing them into the worship of Caesar. As you know, no Jew would force anyone to worship Caesar.

Forum List

Back