Could all Religions Come Together?

I know John used phrases such as ”Jews are the children of the Devil” and other antisemitic comments.
John never said "Jews" when referring to the devil. I am guessing you are thinking of John's first letter? His words were ANYONE who hates his brother is not a child of God, but a child of the devil. Further, his letter was not to or about Jews. It was to his Christian community about loving one's fellow man (brother).

By the way, when I was in college, a professor gave me an underserved poor grade (which was a C), and when I questioned it, he screamed at me that I didn’t believe in the Gospels! Hello? I then had a review committee go over the situation, and right in front of the entire committee, he screeched it out in anger again! I tell you this so you understand just how extreme some of these far-right Christians can be when they come up against a Jew.
I do understand about extremes and am sorry you had to face one. Keep in mind even more are reasonable, and I wish you had had the good fortune to be a Jewish student in one of their classes.

John never said "Jews" when referring to the devil. I am guessing you are thinking of John's first letter? His words were ANYONE who hates his brother is not a child of God, but a child of the devil. Further, his letter was not to or about Jews. It was to his Christian community about loving one's fellow man (brother).
He said, “You are of your father, the devil” when addressing a Jewish audience.

Actually, it's not true that it has been mutilated.
It is the interpretation, not the words, that have been mutilated. The events in Revelation took place at the end of the first century, perhaps into the beginning of the second. John wrote of what he saw happening in his own time. He was not peering into the future.

And there is only one who is allowed to be called father.

Herod Anti-Pater stood in place of the father. Anti = in the stead of and Jesus does not call Himself Father.

Yet the pope does... to this day.

And there is only one who is allowed to be called father.

Herod Anti-Pater stood in place of the father. Anti = in the stead of and Jesus does not call Himself Father.

Yet the pope does... to this day.
oh----now it almost makes sense

Jesus said that to people (Jewish authorities of the time) who were trying to have him killed. He told these people if they were children of Abraham they would be doing the works of Abraham instead of trying to have him killed. He noted that trying to have someone killed was the work of the devil. Remember, there were many other Jews around Jesus who supported and followed him and his words of being free from sin (Sins are forgiven). He certainly was not saying their father was the devil!.

then tell all, who then in the 1st century believed in original sin ...

- is it your claim that was the message of the exemplar.
I don't need to claim a thing. You seem to want to find dissention. That side is strong within you.

I simply tell you what the Torah tells me.

Don't believe it. :dunno: That's not on me. :thup:

I don't need to claim a thing. You seem to want to find dissention. That side is strong within you.

I simply tell you what the Torah tells me.

Don't believe it. :dunno: That's not on me. :thup:
Jesus believed that man could not save themselves being wrought in original sin and he took the sins of man from then on.
being that Jesus was a Rabbi

then tell all, who then in the 1st century believed in original sin ...

no rabbi, jew in the 1st century believed in original sin - according to you - who then were those that did.

... and no, your assertion the exemplar taught of a hopeless state of sin - is a lie.

Despite differences, could all faiths unite? What are the great differences, and how might they be overcome so we might worship together?
Nope because unfortunately there is no god and as long as humans are allowed to rule the world then that will never happen.maybe machines should rule the world like in terminater.

no rabbi, jew in the 1st century believed in original sin - according to you - who then were those that did.

... and no, your assertion the exemplar taught of a hopeless state of sin - is a lie.
You are the caustic one. What I know, for myself is that both Adam and Eve were sinless in the Garden. ha-Satan brought it in but Adam and Ever were without sin prior to ha-Satan who brought it in.

What you believe is not on me and the pejorative method that you use in discussion is, once again, on you. No thanks. Barkis is NOT willing.

No offense.

Yeah, those damn Jews! How dare they keep the Covenant.

And who says that what Jesus offered was ”superior”? That’s the Christian belief. Traditional Jews wanted, and still want, to maintain the Covenant, for all generations.

Sorry it rubs you the wrong way.
The God of Abraham said it was superior. The Law brings death. Christ is Life. He came back after death to prove it. It isn't unexpected that you would not believe God's NT prophets. You never listened to His OT ones:
OT:
1 Kings 19:10 He [Elijah] said, “I have been very zealous for the Lord, the God of hosts; for the sons of Israel have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars and killed Your prophets with the sword. And I alone am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.”

NT:
Luke 13:34 Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you . . .
Not being under the Law doesn't rub me the wrong way at all. I'm under grace. It's wonderful.

Jesus said NOTHING NEW----he quoted the most famous talmudist of his time----HILLEL---incessantly.
Hebrews was written and redacted in support of the
CANNONIZATION of SAINT CONSTANTINE---emperor of Rome-----Rome killed him----in order to
make Constantine an IMMORTAL----Rome could not
OWN UP. If lots of Jews hated Jesus---they would have KILLED HIM THEMSELVES -----you bought into a gigantic conspiracy theory. Any ideas on who murdered ELVIS?

They did. Pilate wanted to release Him. The Pharisees wanted Him dead. And all the Roman wanted was peace and quite. What Jesus said and did was indeed new. Raising the dead was also unique. The Pharisees couldn't do it. The rest is bullshit. If you are referring to Constantine the Great, he was the first Emperor to convert to Christianity. Long after the death of Christ.

Last edited:
Jesus said that to people (Jewish authorities of the time) who were trying to have him killed. He told these people if they were children of Abraham they would be doing the works of Abraham instead of trying to have him killed. He noted that trying to have someone killed was the work of the devil. Remember, there were many other Jews around Jesus who supported and followed him and his words of being free from sin (Sins are forgiven). He certainly was not saying their father was the devil!.
what jewish authorities were trying to have Jesus
killed ----and why? What was stopping them?

They did. Pilate wanted to release Him. The Pharisees wanted Him dead. And all the Roman wanted was peace and quite. What Jesus said and did was indeed new. Raising the dead was unique. The Pharisees couldn't do it. The rest is bullshit. If you are referring to Constantine the Great, he was the first Emperor to convert to Christianity. Long after the death of Christ.
What is BULLSHIT is your white wash of Rome----
do you long to be a vestal "virgin" so you can
watch gladiators kill each other ---or feed people
to lions. I got bad news for you-----Jesus was
crucified BECAUSE HE WAS A PHARISEE. They
crucified TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PHARISEES<<
<<<<<<< that is real history. An interesting
reality------today Israel does not employ capital
punishment----except for some followers of Justianian Law----like Adolf Eichmann......because
the PHARISEES avoided it as much as possible.
(Justinian law is a legal code developed by a
descendant of Constantine---based on the laws
Constantine developed...... and the basis for
CANON LAW. ----very anti-pharisee

Rosie, I know how much you hate Catholics cause they picked on you when you were little. You are too bitter to be impartial. Grow up old woman, and get over yourself... You need only go as far as the beginning of this thread for my view on Catholicism and Rome...

Jesus was not a Pharisee. He railed against them. Which is why they wanted to shut Him up. There were never tens of thousands of Pharisees to crucify. They went the way of the Temple. It was Christians they crucified, and fed to lions, and skewered, dipped in oil and set on fire to light the gardens. That's the real history, not some silly little girl picked on by a Catholic, version...

What Catholics did was called "Replacement Theology." They decided that God cursed the Jews and then they usurped their blessings...

what jewish authorities were trying to have Jesus
killed ----and why? What was stopping them?
Jesus seemed to clash with some who held Temple positions. Jesus had a following among the people, and then there was Rome who held the authority for putting people to death.

Forum List

Back