Could all Religions Come Together?

Nothing. They insisted, and He died. They got their way.
Irish ---that which you know about the times of Jesus would not fill a thimble. I was struck by your assertions. sic "there never were tens of thousands
of pharisees to crucify" -----sheeesh---do you have
ANY idea what a pharisee is? (this should be fun)
Your VERY best assertion is "
Jesus seemed to clash with some who held Temple positions. Jesus had a following among the people, and then there was Rome who held the authority for putting people to death.
"Jesus seemed to clash with some people who held
temple positions" ROFLMAO ----right---just like
John the mikvah man clashed with Herod. The
catechism nun FORGOT to tell you why Herod and
some temple guys did not like John mikvah man and
Jesus------bad news for you---BECAUSE THEY WERE
PHARISEES. Next pop quiz----can you name a temple official who did not like Jesus? I CAN and
I know why

lol. I know Jesus told us to love our enemies. Are you loving those little Catholic girls that teased you yet?
I haven't met anyone quite as bitter as you, or why you insist all Christians are Catholic, but we aren't and Rome is getting any passes in this thread, you just popped in late to spew your anti-Catholic rhetoric.

lol. I know Jesus told us to love our enemies. Are you loving those little Catholic girls that teased you yet?
I haven't met anyone quite as bitter as you, or why you insist all Christians are Catholic, but we aren't and Rome is getting any passes in this thread, you just popped in late to spew your anti-Catholic rhetoric.
you are delusional. Did Jesus tell those little catholic girls anything? Where do you IMAGINE
little girls who attend catholic school learn to fling
rocks at five year old jewish girls and yell about that
guy she killled? Can you cite that "anti-catholic
rhetoric" I spew----for the record--protestant little
girls fart out the same BULLSHIT historical revisionism learned in SUNDAY SCHOOL. Martin
Luther was an intense jew hater---just like
Constantine. While researching---please cite
your evidence that I "INSIST" that all christians
are catholic.......and try to figure out what a
Pharisee REALLY is and get over that bullshit about
christians getting eaten by lions. In the first century
AD---there were a LOT MORE PHARISEES than
christians and ROMANS HATED THEM.

As an onlooker, it appears some Evangelicals may be the ones who are bothered that others believe something they do not--or believe not important.

In my opinion it is a sin against God--and presents a travesty of God--that one is in danger of hell by not accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. It suggests that God's love and power is limited and that God builds borders and sets traps for the faithful with other religious/spiritual beliefs. In short, it is our blasphemy against God and His Holy Spirit, not blasphemy from those of other faiths.

Evangelicals and their "personal relationship" while understandable, can also initiate a gag reflex. It suggests that an individual and Jesus are buddies. I believe a better description of a relation with Jesus, with God, is a respectful one where the relationship is one of mentor and student, redeemer/forgiver of those slips we make as we journey through life. It also suggests that you see Jesus only as he relates to you personally, instead of being awed and respectful that we are a flock with one shepherd who is looking out for all.
Evangelicals are complete morons when it comes to Christianity those guys are so clueless.

All christians are Catholics, good grief, read a book

you are delusional. Did Jesus tell those little catholic girls anything? Where do you IMAGINE
little girls who attend catholic school learn to fling
rocks at five year old jewish girls and yell about that
guy she killled? Can you cite that "anti-catholic
rhetoric" I spew----for the record--protestant little
girls fart out the same BULLSHIT historical revisionism learned in SUNDAY SCHOOL. Martin
Luther was an intense jew hater---just like
Constantine. While researching---please cite
your evidence that I "INSIST" that all christians
are catholic.......and try to figure out what a
Pharisee REALLY is and get over that bullshit about
christians getting eaten by lions. In the first century
AD---there were a LOT MORE PHARISEES than
christians and ROMANS HATED THEM.

You just proved my case. Your warped because you can't let go of your childhood.

No, respectful Christians are those who do not question my beliefs or try to get me to abandon Judaism.

As far as “bigoted,” YOU are bigoted against other CHRISTIANS if they don’t meet your definition.

I grew up with a lovely Christian family next door - quite religious - ans they never once attempted to talk me into listening to Jesus. I am still friends with one of the girls. That you would deem them “not Christian” is unbelievable. They went to Sunday mass every week, had Saturday school, didn’t eat meat on Friday, and so forth.

They were Christians. Nice ones.

I'm still over here, just being me...which obviously bothers you. I'm not questioning your beliefs or trying to get you to abandon Judaism.

Your bigotry comes in here: just the presence of people like me who believe what we do really, really bothers you.

I like to try to educate the Evangelical Christians as to how annoying they are, but you’re right….won’t do any good.

Several years ago there was a big “What Non-Christians Want Evangelicals to Know,” or something like that, that has people explaining how arrogant and disrespectful the whole thing was. But I guess it didn’t accomplish anything.

Edited to add: I found it! It was actually written by a Christian who researched how non-Christians felt when they were told they were wrong. The end result was: the message they send is “I’m OK - You’re Not” and we wish they would stop.

That's not your problem. Your problem is: you don't like the religion because we think you're wrong and we are correct.

So. Freaking. WHAT?

Again, the fact that this bothers you so much is a YOU problem, not a we problem. It's you.

No need to become hysterical. I notice you still have not provided the verse where Jesus tells us to use Jesus' words as a threat. On the other hand, we all know the verse where he tells his followers to proclaim the good news.

Your attempts to twist this around on me will be unsuccessful. You cut the heart out of the Gospel; you know better than God. You have fashioned a God and Jesus for yourself--the very pinnacle of idolatry.

Worse, the Gospel you are spreading is no Gospel at all. Repent

Last edited:
Remember Jesus teaching us to discern the will of the Father and follow it? With the Father, nothing falls apart. Jesus said he came for the lost and that description fits many of us. I truly love and appreciate that extra hand of God extended to those of us who need it. Jesus led me to the path and Way of the Kingdom of God. Jews may confidently say they did not need this assist, and I believe them. I have yet to meet a Jew (or Muslim) who has insisted I had/have no need for Jesus. I did/do, and I am all the richer for it.

Jews of faith follow the word of God, and follow it closely. Christians who sincerely believe that Jesus is the Word made flesh should be able to see those of other faiths who are following God's Word.

What do you mean by "God's Word"? You cut all that Jesus Himself said about Hell out, because you know better.

It's not God's Word, it's sorta God's Word with Meriweather the Editor, because Meriweather knows better.

That's a dangerous game you're playing.

Revelation says the stubborn Jews who won’t convert go to hell at the end. That’s pretty antisemitic.

P.S. You’ve been respectful of my beliefs, as are most Christians. My annoyance is strictly for aggressive Evangelicals who get very testy when a Jew refuses to reject Judaism.

Well, Meriweather isn't even Christian, so there's that.

Your ability to project a bunch of stuff onto people who are basically sitting over here is astounding for a person who is otherwise reasonable. Yet here we are.

I know John used phrases such as ”Jews are the children of the Devil” and other antisemitic comments.

As far as Revelation, it’s been a while since I read it - and about 10 years since a Christian told me all Jews (except 144,000) go to hell, so I will need to refresh my memory.

By the way, when I was in college, a professor gave me an underserved poor grade (which was a C), and when I questioned it, he screamed at me that I didn’t believe in the Gospels! Hello? I then had a review committee go over the situation, and right in front of the entire committee, he screeched it out in anger again! I tell you this so you understand just how extreme some of these far-right Christians can be when they come up against a Jew.

So now we're all that college professor. Got it.

I know John used phrases such as ”Jews are the children of the Devil” and other antisemitic comments.

As far as Revelation, it’s been a while since I read it - and about 10 years since a Christian told me all Jews (except 144,000) go to hell, so I will need to refresh my memory.

By the way, when I was in college, a professor gave me an underserved poor grade (which was a C), and when I questioned it, he screamed at me that I didn’t believe in the Gospels! Hello? I then had a review committee go over the situation, and right in front of the entire committee, he screeched it out in anger again! I tell you this so you understand just how extreme some of these far-right Christians can be when they come up against a Jew.

I dated a Jewish guy for months and months in college, when I was agnostic. He was cheating on his longtime girlfriend (distance relationship), to whom he was almost engaged, with me--and I had no idea.

Now, should I say forever "THOSE DIRTY CHEATING JEWS!!!" Yes? Or should I just say, this guy was a dirtbag and they come in all stripes and flavors?

He said, “You are of your father, the devil” when addressing a Jewish audience.

Because they were the Jewish leaders trying to have Him killed. Not everyday Jews of whom He said, "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who killed the prophets and stoned those sent to you, how often have I longed to gather your children together...." (Matt 23:37)

I'm still over here, just being me...which obviously bothers you. I'm not questioning your beliefs or trying to get you to abandon Judaism.

Your bigotry comes in here: just the presence of people like me who believe what we do really, really bothers you.
For the umpteenth time, what bothers me is the hatred heaped upon Jews who refuse to convert to Christianity by a MINORITY of Christians.

You and Irish Ram (who is even worse) are like the liberals who yell “racist” and “bigot” to people who won’t yield to their demands.

Because they were the Jewish leaders trying to have Him killed. Not everyday Jews of whom He said, "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who killed the prophets and stoned those sent to you, how often have I longed to gather your children together...." (Matt 23:37)
Oh come on. There’s heaps of of antisemitism in the NT. How about “don’t be like the hypocrites who pray in the synagogues” and “Synagogue of Satan”?

Nobody who reads the NT and takes it at its literal word could come away without feeling contempt for Jews - and Jews have been paying the price for 2000 years. It continues to this day.

Listen. I am trying to get my few remaining Jewish Democrat friends (most are now Jewish Republicans) to come over to the Republican side, and they always tell me how the Republicans have contempt and disdain for Jews. YOU are an example. You just reek of intolerance for Jews who object to the infuriating proselytizing. I always tell them that those Christians are the minority, and most are very accepting.

For the umpteenth time, what bothers me is the hatred heaped upon Jews who refuse to convert to Christianity by a MINORITY of Christians.

You and Irish Ram (who is even worse) are like the liberals who yell “racist” and “bigot” to people who won’t yield to their demands.

I'm being overlaid by your experiences with other people. I have never asked you to do a thing.

Do you like that when people do it to Jews? What if I say all Jews are cheating dirtbags because I dated a Jewish man who was?

Besides, you already let the cat out of the bag: you're offended by the fact that we just think we're right. An evangelical Christian praying silently next to you bugs the heck out of you, because you can't stand that THEY think we are right.

Again, that's a you problem.

Forum List

Back