Could all Religions Come Together?

No, you only think that people who believe as I do are going to hell. No hate for those beliefs THERE.

Try this on for size and see if you like it:

"Your religious beliefs, even if you keep them to yourself and live peaceably, are bigotry. The only way for you to escape this bigotry is to deconvert"

You like? Seem fair?

Who's the intolerant one: the believer, or the one demanding the deconversion?

ROFLMAO you have no practical reason for
being "bothered" by what muslims think of you.
Both christians and jews.....and hindus etc etc.
do have reasons. Do you know anything about
the Armenian genocide? the Biafran genocide?
As to jews---my very own hubby was born in a
Shariah shit hole with the status DHIMMI. Feel
free to ask questions.

Right-o. No problems between Jews and Muslims. None whatsoever.

1. I've heard that story before. It was wrong of those Christians to approach you coming out of worship. It's ineffective at best, and IMO disrespectful.

2. So you are asking ME to convert from MY religion, otherwise I remain a bigot. This took an odd turn.
Sweet, I missed it. When did Lisa ask you to
convert? Do the christians of your church agree
that proselytizing AIN'T NICE?

1. I've heard that story before. It was wrong of those Christians to approach you coming out of worship. It's ineffective at best, and IMO disrespectful.

2. So you are asking ME to convert from MY religion, otherwise I remain a bigot. This took an odd turn.
When did I ever ask a Christian to convert, or even want him to? Let him believe the way he wants. Just stop the negative attitude toward Jews.

Are you saying that being a Christian REQUIRES you to think less of Jews? Now THAT is bigotry!

Right-o. No problems between Jews and Muslims. None whatsoever.
How do you come to that conclusion?----you could
gain lots by asking questions. OR, you could
discuss that issue with Surada----she denies all
problems-----even between shiites and sunnis.
For no problems----see the real history of
JESUS AND THE PHARISEES

I am not asking her to convert and I don't think her religion is bigotry. Nor do I think Islam is bigotry.

She is not asking me to convert but she DOES think my religion is bigotry. Is Islam bigotry too Lisa?

The problem is that Evangelicals are taught to convert Jews. It’s a pretty disrespectful thing to harass people over their religious beliefs, and I’ve been on the receiving end of that. The constant harassment and warnings about going to hell borders on abuse.

So in order for Evangelicals to be comfortable with the fact that they are abusing people, they attack anyone who objects to the treatment as being bigoted.

I had one couple after me for over a year to convert. The more I resisted, the nastier they became. All the antisemitic stereotypes came to the forefront. It was awful, and they wouldn’t stop. They were on a mission.

How do you come to that conclusion?----you could
gain lots by asking questions. OR, you could
discuss that issue with Surada----she denies all
problems-----even between shiites and sunnis.
For no problems----see the real history of
JESUS AND THE PHARISEES

Sarcasm

The problem is that Evangelicals are taught to convert Jews. It’s a pretty disrespectful thing to harass people over their religious beliefs, and I’ve been on the receiving end of that. The constant harassment and warnings about going to hell borders on abuse.

So in order for Evangelicals to be comfortable with the fact that they are abusing people, they attack anyone who objects to the treatment as being bigoted.

I had one couple after me for over a year to convert. The more I resisted, the nastier they became. All the antisemitic stereotypes came to the forefront. It was awful, and they wouldn’t stop. They were on a mission.

All this is now beside the point. We could leave you completely alone and your STILL bothered that we believe those who aren't saved by Jesus are going to Hell. To the point that we are "bigots".

Are you consistent? Do you think Muslims are bigots too? Many of them kill--literally--"infidels"

Try this on for size and see if you like it:

"Your religious beliefs, even if you keep them to yourself and live peaceably, are bigotry. The only way for you to escape this bigotry is to deconvert"

You like? Seem fair?

Who's the intolerant one: the believer, or the one demanding the deconversion?
I don’t even know what deconversion is.

You’re off the deep end on this. NO Jew is trying to convert Christians. Christians - fundamental ones - are trying to convert Jews.

Just keep your opinions about Jews to yourself.

All this is now beside the point. We could leave you completely alone and your STILL bothered that we believe those who aren't saved by Jesus are going to Hell. To the point that we are "bigots".

Are you consistent? Do you think Muslims are bigots too? Many of them kill--literally--"infidels"
I was talking to Rosie.

Your intolerance is pushing you off the deep end. I’m done with you.

I don’t even know what deconversion is.

You’re off the deep end on this. NO Jew is trying to convert Christians. Christians - fundamental ones - are trying to convert Jews.

Just keep your opinions about Jews to yourself.

I didn't assert opinions about Jews, as a reminder. YOU stated that you wouldn't pray next to Christians. Now clarified, but that's what I responded to.

Guaranteed, if I spoke of your religion the way you speak of mine, you'd have me banned from this site for bigotry and intolerance. Believe that.

I didn't assert opinions about Jews, as a reminder. YOU stated that you wouldn't pray next to Christians. Now clarified, but that's what I responded to.

Guaranteed, if I spoke of your religion the way you speak of mine, you'd have me banned from this site for bigotry and intolerance. Believe that.
How would I have you banned? Now you’re making up false accusations

If Jews went around saying - or even thinking - that Christians are going to hell unless they stop believing in Jesus, you’d have a meltdown. The difference is we don’t think that way.

You are angry because Jews believe that Gd welcomes all good people to Heaven, and not ONLY Christians. And somehow you’ve come away thinking that such an inclusive attitude is bigotry. You are going crazy on this the same way the liberals go crazy.

When did I ever ask a Christian to convert, or even want him to? Let him believe the way he wants. Just stop the negative attitude toward Jews.

Are you saying that being a Christian REQUIRES you to think less of Jews? Now THAT is bigotry!
IMO and from reading this thread and life's
experiences, it is clear to
me that there are LOTS of christians who TRULY
believe that on the day that Jesus was crucified
it was a matter of the Romans doing DA JEWS
a favor-----and da JEWS were cheering
"CRUCIFY HIM, CRUCIFY HIM" and that the
only people killed by the Romans on religious
grounds were the early christians (whilst
pharisees CHEERED like vestal sluts in the
Colosseum and Pontius Pilate was a jolly good
fellow).

you got a citation?----as I recall the sense of Lisa's
post, it was that she would not like to pray beside
a person who considered her to be "unsaved"
(whatevah that means) for not "believing" in
jesus 'christ'

IMO and from reading this thread and life's
experiences, it is clear to
me that there are LOTS of christians who TRULY
believe that on the day that Jesus was crucified
it was a matter of the Romans doing DA JEWS
a favor-----and da JEWS were cheering
"CRUCIFY HIM, CRUCIFY HIM" and that the
only people killed by the Romans on religious
grounds were the early christians (whilst
pharisees CHEERED like vestal sluts in the
Colosseum and Pontius Pilate was a jolly good
fellow).
Yeah, I wonder how many Christians think that way. In my experience, it’s the fundamentals. I think most Christians are more accepting of others‘ beliefs, or at least I‘d like to think so.

It’s surreal, though, how angry some of them get when you say something like “all good people go to Heaven.” They insist that only a minority of people in the world - the Christians - go to Gd.

you got a citation?----as I recall the sense of Lisa's
post, it was that she would not like to pray beside
a person who considered her to be "unsaved"
(whatevah that means) for not "believing" in
jesus 'christ'
Yes, and I thought that was clear: I specifically said that I would not pray next to someone who thinks people of my religion go to hell.

When Sue jumped on me for that, I clarified again: only those Christians who think a kind, generous, law-abiding woman is going to hell because she’s Jewish. I explained that I have and will pray next to Christians who don’t think that way.

Granted, I don’t know what most Christians think - unless they tell me - so I give them the benefit of the doubt. But I will NOT go to a missionary church whose purpose is to get Jews to abandon their religion or else go to hell.

or, what they are saying is the different religions can meet together - to worship their individual deity - instead of there being a single deity ... the absurdity arises when they all claim to be monotheistic.

and of course - not worshiping rather accomplishing the goal set by the heavens to free their spirits - necessary for judgment - being the purpose for entry to the everlasting.
Yes when you truly free your mind and spirit, the same God or Authority of Truth and Justice fulfills all the different expressions of the one truth and one God

God being infinite is going to be described "in part" by man's finite perceptions. So all the expressions combined together help capture the whole

Like the brilliance of the diamond by the combination of every Facet.

Yes, and I thought that was clear: I specifically said that I would not pray next to someone who thinks people of my religion go to hell.

When Sue jumped on me for that, I clarified again: only those Christians who think a kind, generous, law-abiding woman is going to hell because she’s Jewish. I explained that I have and will pray next to Christians who don’t think that way.

Granted, I don’t know what most Christians think - unless they tell me - so I give them the benefit of the doubt. But I will NOT go to a missionary church whose purpose is to get Jews to abandon their religion or else go to hell.
Dear Lisa558
I'm sorry you have run into the negative experiences

I believe all tribes and lineages have run into similar struggles.

I still believe the Love of Truth Justice and Peace fulfills and unites all people of all tribes and nations, even where there are denominational splits within and between the different groups

The more we can forgive these things, the more we can inspire others to forgive.

Please remember to be as forgiving and open to receive and include others as you wish more people would treat you and others like you as well!

I run into similar with people who don't see how Buddhists can be their neighbors yet remain Buddhist by tradition.

And the latest is meeting Christian Anarchists who don't see how anyone can "tolerate Govt" and still be true to God.

We all have our limits, so don't let the limits of other people stop you from seeing and living beyond what other people tell you that you can or cannot do.

People tell me I can't be a Constitutionalist and be Democrat.

Or I can't be a Democrat and vote for Trump or I'm a traitor and support criminals

The more we forgive it matters less and less why we can forgive some things and not others. Let other people forgive what we cannot, and just help each other overcome political and religious barriers.

Don't let that stop you!

Forum List

Back