Could all Religions Come Together?

Oh come on. There’s heaps of of antisemitism in the NT. How about “don’t be like the hypocrites who pray in the synagogues” and “Synagogue of Satan”?

Nobody who reads the NT and takes it at its literal word could come away without feeling contempt for Jews - and Jews have been paying the price for 2000 years. It continues to this day.

Listen. I am trying to get my few remaining Jewish Democrat friends (most are now Jewish Republicans) to come over to the Republican side, and they always tell me how the Republicans have contempt and disdain for Jews. YOU are an
example. You just reek of intolerance for Jews who object to the infuriating proselytizing. I always tell them that those Christians are the minority, and most are very accepting.

This is bigotry. Nothing more or less.

I'm being overlaid by your experiences with other people. I have never asked you to do a thing.

Do you like that when people do it to Jews? What if I say all Jews are cheating dirtbags because I dated a Jewish man who was?

Besides, you already let the cat out of the bag: you're offended by the fact that we just think we're right. An evangelical Christian praying silently next to you bugs the heck out of you, because you can't stand that THEY think we are right.

Again, that's a you problem.
I clarified that. I have and would again pray next to Christians. I do so just several weeks ago.

I would not pray next to Evangelical Christians. And believe me, they tried. They kept harassing to go to their missionary church - stalking me - where i could hear the preacher talk about how I will go to hell if I don’t forsake Judaism, and they kept getting more and more vile eqxh time I refused.

Those are the nasty Evangelical Christians. Why would I lower myself to pray next to someone who insists to my face that I am going to hell?

This is bigotry. Nothing more or less.
You’re doing that liberal thing again. The Jew won’t agree with you, so call her a bigot.

So you’re saying that when Evangelicals keep harassing me how my religion is wrong, I have to stand there and accept being scolded - or else I‘m the one who is a bigot?

The bigots are Evangelicals who go around telling Jews how wrong they are.

I clarified that. I have and would again pray next to Christians. I do so just several weeks ago.

I would not pray next to Evangelical Christians. And believe me, they tried. They kept harassing to go to their missionary church - stalking me - where i could hear the preacher talk about how I will go to hell if I don’t forsake Judaism, and they kept getting more and more vile eqxh time I refused.

Those are the nasty Evangelical Christians. Why would I lower myself to pray next to someone who insists to my face that I am going to hell?

I'm not those people. I'm not your college professor.

Are all your male Jewish friends that cretin I dated in college? How would you feel if I was all over this board making blanket statements because I have known some rotten people who are Jewish?

That's bigotry.

You just proved my case. Your warped because you can't let go of your childhood.
you have gone OFF THE DEEP END. I, simply, described my own experiences with girls who
adhered to catholic dogma. MY OWN EXPERIENCES
which is a lot more valid than the scribblings of
any person using the nom de plume 'JOHN' about
a man he never met, to wit a 'JESUS' The "Gospel
of John" is almost as silly as the "Book of" revulsions
written by another mystery 'JOHN' BTW --one of
the girls with whom I interacted as a child grew up
and became a NUN ----for a short period of time

You’re doing that liberal thing again. The Jew won’t agree with you, so call her a bigot.

I do not, nor have I ever expected that you agree with me about religion. I don't expect you to convert. I'm not ASKING you to convert.

You hate our beliefs, even when they have no impact on you. That's bigotry.

you have gone OFF THE DEEP END. I, simply, described my own experiences with girls who
adhered to catholic dogma. MY OWN EXPERIENCES
which is a lot more valid than the scribblings of
any person using the nom de plume 'JOHN' about
a man he never met, to wit a 'JESUS' The "Gospel
of John" is almost as silly as the "Book of" revulsions
written by another mystery 'JOHN' BTW --one of
the girls with whom I interacted as a child grew up
and became a NUN ----for a short period of time
Just look at how these Evangelicals go off the deep end at Jews who object to the way they treat us.

Perhaps they feel that their belief in Jesus absolves them of all sins, so they feel quite comfortable smacking Jews around who object to the proselytizing.

They need to read the following to see how unwelcome their conversion attempts are:

Oh come on. There’s heaps of of antisemitism in the NT. How about “don’t be like the hypocrites who pray in the synagogues” and “Synagogue of Satan”?

Nobody who reads the NT and takes it at its literal word could come away without feeling contempt for Jews - and Jews have been paying the price for 2000 years. It continues to this day.

Listen. I am trying to get my few remaining Jewish Democrat friends (most are now Jewish Republicans) to come over to the Republican side, and they always tell me how the Republicans have contempt and disdain for Jews. YOU are an example. You just reek of intolerance for Jews who object to the infuriating proselytizing. I always tell them that those Christians are the minority, and most are very accepting.
well-----only recently----long ago (when I was a kid-----<sigh> THAT long ago) republicans were
more likely to be antisemites like the idiot episcopalians in my childhood town. The ethos of
the elephant and the ethos of donkey have kinda
switched places

I do not, nor have I ever expected that you agree with me about religion. I don't expect you to convert. I'm not ASKING you to convert.

I keep telling you that’s not true.

What is bigotry is your thinking Jews are deserving of hell and will end up there.

You are doing exactly what the liberals do: accuse others of that of which you are guilty.

well-----only recently----long ago (when I was a kid-----<sigh> THAT long ago) republicans were
more likely to be antisemites like the idiot episcopalians in my childhood town. The ethos of
the elephant and the ethos of donkey have kinda
switched places
Yes, and that’s why Republican Jews left the Democrat Party. We were all Democrats growing up.

I keep telling you that’s not true.

What is bigotry is your thinking Jews are deserving of hell and will end up there.

You are doing exactly what the liberals do: accuse others of that of which you are guilty.

Right. So in order for me not to be a bigot, in your estimation, is to cease believing Jesus. Just being a Bible-believing Christian, even if I leave you completely alone, means that I'm some kind of threat to you.

You realize that Muslims think you are going to hell too. They also think I'm going to hell. This bothers me zero.

Do you hear yourself? You hate OUR beliefs even when they have no impact on you. The difference is we don’t go around telling Christians they’re wrong they way Evangelicals do to Jews.

when did it happen the christian sects have had
"no impact" on jewish groups (with the laudable
exception of the Quakers and to a lesser extent,
the 'Seventh day Adventists'

Do you hear yourself? You hate OUR beliefs even when they have no impact on you. The difference is we don’t go around telling Christians they’re wrong they way Evangelicals do to Jews.

Uh no, I don't hate your beliefs. Why would I?

Right. So in order for me not to be a bigot, in your estimation, is to cease believing Jesus. Just being a Bible-believing Christian, even if I leave you completely alone, means that I'm some kind of threat to you.

LISTEN TO ME. I don’t care if you believe in Jesus or not. It has no impact on me. I just want Evangelicals to stop telling Jews they’re wrong.

Some years ago, we walked out of Yom Kippur Services to find flyers saying to accept Jesus and ”be saved!” on everyone’s cars. How disrespectful is that?! So you’re telling me that our going to the police to keep these obnoxious Evangelicals out of our parking lot for the next year makes US the bigots?
You realize that Muslims think you are going to hell too. They also think I'm going to hell. This bothers me zero.
That’s the difference. I don’t think you’re going to hell (necessarily) due to your beliefs. All good people go to Heaven regardless of their beliefs. And THAT idea angers you - you say ONLY Christians, and Christians as you define them, go to Heaven.

That’s bigotry.

ROFLMAO you have no practical reason for
being "bothered" by what muslims think of you.
Both christians and jews.....and hindus etc etc.
do have reasons. Do you know anything about
the Armenian genocide? the Biafran genocide?
As to jews---my very own hubby was born in a
Shariah shit hole with the status DHIMMI. Feel
free to ask questions.

LISTEN TO ME. I don’t care if you believe in Jesus or not. It has no impact on me. I just want Evangelicals to stop telling Jews they’re wrong.

Some years ago, we walked out of Yom Kippur Services to find flyers saying to accept Jesus and ”be saved!” How disrespectful is that?! So you’re telling me that our going to the police to keep these obnoxious Evangelicals out of our parking lot for the next year makes US the bigots?

That’s the difference. I don’t think you’re going to hell (necessarily) due to your beliefs. All good people go to Heaven regardless of their beliefs. And THAT idea angers you - you say ONLY Christians, and Christians as you define them, go to Heaven.

That’s bigotry.

1. I've heard that story before. It was wrong of those Christians to approach you coming out of worship. It's ineffective at best, and IMO disrespectful.

2. So you are asking ME to convert from MY religion, otherwise I remain a bigot. This took an odd turn.

ROFLMAO you have no practical reason for
being "bothered" by what muslims think of you.
Both christians and jews.....and hindus etc etc.
do have reasons. Do you know anything about
the Armenian genocide? the Biafran genocide?
As to jews---my very own hubby was born in a
Shariah shit hole with the status DHIMMI. Feel
free to ask questions.
Yup. Good point, Was HER family ever discouraged from buying a house in a new development because they were Jews, and the salesman said “we’re trying to limit the number of Jewish families”?

Or, more significantly, were her great-grandparents and great-aunts and uncles murdered for being Jewish?

We HAVE to be concerned about the Christian attitude toward Jews.

Forum List

Back