Could all Religions Come Together?

I am not asking her to convert and I don't think her religion is bigotry. Nor do I think Islam is bigotry.

She is not asking me to convert but she DOES think my religion is bigotry. Is Islam bigotry too Lisa?
Have you read the koran, Sweet? If a muslim
chooses to take the koran as a concrete truth in
the same way that you take the NT as a concrete
truth-------then the muslim is a bigot

Dear Lisa558
I'm sorry you have run into the negative experiences

I believe all tribes and lineages have run into similar struggles.

I still believe the Love of Truth Justice and Peace fulfills and unites all people of all tribes and nations, even where there are denominational splits within and between the different groups

The more we can forgive these things, the more we can inspire others to forgive.

Please remember to be as forgiving and open to receive and include others as you wish more people would treat you and others like you as well!

I run into similar with people who don't see how Buddhists can be their neighbors yet remain Buddhist by tradition.

And the latest is meeting Christian Anarchists who don't see how anyone can "tolerate Govt" and still be true to God.

We all have our limits, so don't let the limits of other people stop you from seeing and living beyond what other people tell you that you can or cannot do.

People tell me I can't be a Constitutionalist and be Democrat.

Or I can't be a Democrat and vote for Trump or I'm a traitor and support criminals

The more we forgive it matters less and less why we can forgive some things and not others. Let other people forgive what we cannot, and just help each other overcome political and religious barriers.

Don't let that stop you!
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words. I will keep in mind your insights, especially as they relate toward forgiveness.

What do you mean by "God's Word"? You cut all that Jesus Himself said about Hell out, because you know better.
Perhaps try not to jump to conclusions. I notice you always use the word 'hell' whereas Jesus never used the word 'hell'; instead used the words Gehenna and Hades...and those are two different places. I also studied what Jews of Jesus' time believed about punishment and purification in the afterlife at the time of Jesus. And I am aware that you have your own ideas about hell that are all your own. Basically, Sue, I do know better than what you are flinging here, but as you are so satisfied with your own conclusions, I see no reason to disturb them.

All christians are Catholics, good grief, read a book

She knows not what she does, yet she will find her forgiveness after this mortal realm. It will just take longer, the more chains to Eretz she maintains.
I know exactly what I am doing. Defending the gospel. No where in Revelation does it say that the Jews are going to hell if they don't convert. NO WHERE.
Lisa lies to justify her hatred toward Christ and Christians. Don't project that hatred on to me, or on to John. Anti-antisemitism doesn't even enter into the picture. Revelation is merely history in advance. Told by a Messianic Jew. If it doesn't paint the Jews in a glittery light that's on the Jews. If you notice, the OT doesn't paint them in the best light either.
Evangelical's don't hate Jews. Jews hate what Evangelical's preach. That too bad, they aren't going to change scripture because someone might find it offensive.

I know exactly what I am doing. Defending the gospel. No where in Revelation does it say that the Jews are going to hell if they don't convert. NO WHERE.
Lisa lies to justify her hatred toward Christ and Christians. Don't project that hatred on to me, or on to John. Anti-antisemitism doesn't even enter into the picture. Revelation is merely history in advance. Told by a Messianic Jew. If it doesn't paint the Jews in a glittery light that's on the Jews. If you notice, the OT doesn't paint them in the best light either.
Evangelical's don't hate Jews. Jews hate what Evangelical's preach. That too bad, they aren't going to change scripture because someone might find it offensive.
Get a grip. I don’t hate Jesus. He was a good man.

And I don’t hate Christians - many of them will go to Heaven, You, otoh, think Jews are going to hell. You hold Jews is such contempt that you think none of them are going to Heaven.

Again, stop playing a liberal and accusing Jews of being haters. YOU are the ones thinking Gd will damn the Jews.

For the umpteenth time, what bothers me is the hatred heaped upon Jews who refuse to convert to Christianity by a MINORITY of Christians.

You and Irish Ram (who is even worse) are like the liberals who yell “racist” and “bigot” to people who won’t yield to their demands.
One lie after another. Not one person here has asked you to convert. Quoting scripture offends you. John offends you, Matthew offends you, Paul offends you. Moses offended you. Sue and I are in good company! God approved of all the people you hate. The problem lies with you, not scripture...

I clarified that. I have and would again pray next to Christians. I do so just several weeks ago.

I would not pray next to Evangelical Christians. And believe me, they tried. They kept harassing to go to their missionary church - stalking me - where i could hear the preacher talk about how I will go to hell if I don’t forsake Judaism, and they kept getting more and more vile eqxh time I refused.

Those are the nasty Evangelical Christians. Why would I lower myself to pray next to someone who insists to my face that I am going to hell?
I am getting the feeling, that because of your hard head you just think the preacher was anti Jewish. Most likely, he was not. Being in the profession, I imagine he knew Revelation and how it ends. You just didn't like his message.
I doubt your story. Neither Sue nor I have mentioned conversion and your teacher probably didn't either.

One lie after another. Not one person here has asked you to convert. Quoting scripture offends you. John offends you, Matthew offends you, Paul offends you. Moses offended you. Sue and I are in good company! God approved of all the people you hate. The problem lies with you, not scripture...
Moses offended me? That’s a new one.

You are getting more and more nasty. All I’ve said is that it is rude and arrogant for (some) Christians to disrespect the Jewish religion by telling them they are wrong. What offends YOU is when we speak up and object. You want us to pleasantly allow us to tell us you are right and we are are wrong.

But yes, quoting the New Testament is offensive when it is done to a Jew who does not follow it, and the person quoting knows it.

You are the caustic one. What I know, for myself is that both Adam and Eve were sinless in the Garden. ha-Satan brought it in but Adam and Ever were without sin prior to ha-Satan who brought it in.

What you believe is not on me and the pejorative method that you use in discussion is, once again, on you. No thanks. Barkis is NOT willing.

No offense.

Jesus believed that man could not save themselves being wrought in original sin and he took the sins of man from then on.
So, the house of Judah does not believe in original sin. We were innocent of sin.
then tell all, who then in the 1st century believed in original sin ...

- is it your claim that was the message of the exemplar.

that's your fallacious claim - the exemplar believed in original sin - from your own statement, who then in the 1st century believed in original sin, they were all jews.

nothing could be further from the truth - made by you and 4th century christians ...

than the truth, their mission was liberation theology, self determination - they were crucified for by the aliance of the jew's and romans.

I am getting the feeling, that because of your hard head you just think the preacher was anti Jewish. Most likely, he was not. Being in the profession, I imagine he knew Revelation and how it ends. You just didn't like his message.
I doubt your story. Neither Sue nor I have mentioned conversion and your teacher probably didn't either.
Just like a libtard! I tell you how obnoxious an Evangelical Christian was, and you say I’m a liar.

I swear on my father’s grave that when we were in the review committee, discussing what grade I deserved on my paper (most thought is was A work), that Evangelical was so irate that a JEW dared question him that he screeched out “But this girl doesn’t believe in the Gospels!”

Yeah, I wonder how many Christians think that way. In my experience, it’s the fundamentals. I think most Christians are more accepting of others‘ beliefs, or at least I‘d like to think so.

It’s surreal, though, how angry some of them get when you say something like “all good people go to Heaven.” They insist that only a minority of people in the world - the Christians - go to Gd.
Here is a Jewish Rabbi telling you how to get to Heaven:
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
I didn't conjure up that scripture, Sue didn't conjure up that statement. You need to hate on the person that said that to the Jews, not the ones that reiterate the message.
That's a Jew telling you who is and is not going to Heaven. We merely believe Him over you.

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
I didn't conjure up that scripture, Sue didn't conjure up that statement. You need to hate on the person that said that to the Jews, not the ones that reiterate the message.
That's a Jew telling you who is and is not going to Heaven. We merely believe Him over you.
Not sure what that’s supposed to me, but no Jew would ever say he was the son of Gd. Even the disciples didn’t say that.

Also, Jesus was not a rabbi. He was a teacher who taught Jewish values, with some outliers.

Gd told the Jews that we have an everlasting covenant. I believe HIM over what you say a Jewish man said 2000 years ago.

And listen: Jews don’t believe in Jesus. Get over it, and stop arguing with us and quoting from the NT. I just told you that it was offensive, so back again you go.

Moses offended me? That’s a new one.

You are getting more and more nasty. All I’ve said is that it is rude and arrogant for (some) Christians to disrespect the Jewish religion by telling them they are wrong. What offends YOU is when we speak up and object. You want us to pleasantly allow us to tell us you are right and we are are wrong.

But yes, quoting the New Testament is offensive when it is done to a Jew who does not follow it, and the person quoting knows it.
Along with murdering God's prophets, did you forget the Jews tried to murder Moses too? God just started dropping those Jews one after another. Aaron stepped in and pleaded with God to stop.

If thy right eye offend thee pluck it out. If scripture offends you, then by all means, away from it. But don't expect the message to change because of your fragile sensibilities.
Christ commanded us to spread the Good Word, and we do. If it offends you, then turn the channel. We aren't to be muted by nonbelievers...

Last edited:
Not sure what that’s supposed to me, but no Jew would ever say he was the son of Gd. Even the disciples didn’t say that.

Also, Jesus was not a rabbi. He was a teacher who taught Jewish values, with some outliers.

Gd told the Jews that we have an everlasting covenant. I believe HIM over what you say a Jewish man said 2000 years ago.
Wrong. One Jew did say it. And was murdered because He said it and then He came back to prove it. He is a Rabbi to this day of the Order of Melchizedek.
God does have an everlasting covenant with the Jews. You can read all about how he keeps that covenant with the Jews in Revelation. The remnant that run to Him upon His return will accept Him for who He is. The Jewish Messiah. The Lion of the Tribe of Judah.
How is it you don't consider Jesus a bigot and a liar, after what He said about who exactly does go to the Father, but condemn Christians for repeating it?

Once again I will reiterate:

Christians believe Jesus is God's Word, made flesh. If we truly believe this, Jesus' words, "I am" are synonymous with "God's Word is the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through God's Word."

One might say Jesus simplified God's Word for the simple, of which I am one.

And listen: Jews don’t believe in Jesus. Get over it, and stop arguing with us and quoting from the NT. I just told you that it was offensive, so back again you go.
And therein lies your problem. Because the Messiah says the only way to Heaven is through Him.
I am quoting scripture, you are arguing. And I will continue to quote the NT and the OT.
Here is what OUR religion calls us to do:
He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
I have no intention of stopping that because you can't handle it.
Besides, the OT isn't any more complimentary to the Jews than the NT. I could really piss you off by quoting Moses...

Once again I will reiterate:

Christians believe Jesus is God's Word, made flesh. If we truly believe this, Jesus' words, "I am" are synonymous with "God's Word is the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through God's Word."

One might say Jesus simplified God's Word for the simple, of which I am one.
Emanuel = God, with us. I understand what you are saying. Jesus is the same "I AM" that revealed Himself to Moses. If you have seen the Son, you have seen the Father:
John 10:30 I and the Father are one.” And here it is in context:
I and the Father are one.” At this, the Jews again picked up stones to stone Him.…

Regardless, Jesus is the way and according to Him, no one goes to the Father except through Him. It is that simple for us all. Some still choose to reject Him, and the consequence is the next line of scripture:
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Who is antisemitic, the one who said it or the one who believes it???

Last edited:
If you have seen the Son, you have seen the Father:
And vice-versa. Down through time, God continues to find ways to reveal Himself to us. Mankind, receiving these revelations has a way of creating boundaries. Edwin Markham said it well...

“He drew a circle that shut me out-
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him In.”

God is love, and He will draw the circle that takes us in.

Forum List

Back