Could all Religions Come Together?

Revelation says the stubborn Jews who won’t convert go to hell at the end. That’s pretty antisemitic.
NO, IT DOES NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do not know what you are talking about!!
Christ restores Israel's original very wide boundaries. He sets up His 1000 year reign IN ISRAEL. HE NEVER LEAVES YOU AGAIN. He removes the enmity between Isaac and Ishmael. Israel will be surrounded by brothers instead of enemies. THE WHOLE BOOK IS THE HISTORY OF THE JEWS FROM BEGINNING TO END, whether you like it or not.

And interpretation isn't a problem. Scripture confirms scripture and explains scripture. The OT and NT go together like hand and glove. And it says what it says. Not that hard to understand. It explains itself.
You think Christianity condemns Judaism. It does not. It believes your Messiah is coming back. And Peace is coming with Him...

just what the "john" who is said to have written
"revelations" had in mind is not clear to me---but
that the words of Isaiah and Zechariah have been
MUTILATED-----<<< that is clear
John's purpose was far from mutilating the words of Isaiah and Zechariah. He was reminding people of God's victories.

The issue addressed in the NT is not the person
Jesus----it is a defense of SAINT CONSTANTINE who sought IMMORTALITY by DECLARING HIMSELF A "GOD" In ancient Rome a person became a "GOD"
by declaration of the roman senate. Today a person
becomes a "god" by declaration of the COLLEGE OF
CARDINALS

John's purpose was far from mutilating the words of Isaiah and Zechariah. He was reminding people of God's victories.
I did not suggest that the book of revulsions addresses the writings of Isaiah and Zechariah----the
mutilations have been done by christian "scholars"

I know Revelation pretty well. I don't recall John writing anything of the sort. John wrote Revelation during the Roman persecution of Christians. He used the literary form of apocalyptic literature that was common at that time among Jews. It contained Biblical references Jews would understand but would go right over the heads of the Roman persecutors. He was reminding his readers of well-known persecution of the Jews where God came through victorious, and that God would be victorious over the Roman persecutions.

Just a guess, but are you speaking of the Lake of Fire or the Birds that Fly in mid Heaven? John uses the same imagery as Ezekiel did about Gog and Magog. He also uses imagery from Daniel. John is picturing that same destruction to the forces of Rome who were persecuting Christians and forcing them into the worship of Caesar. As you know, no Jew would force anyone to worship Caesar.
but SAINT CONSTANTINE could

I find it easy to keep in mind. Much confusion will end when Mashiach comes and the unveiling of lies is complete.

There will be no place for lies when everyone knows that they are lies. This is the thing ha-Satan did not tell us. We would know good and evil but we would not so easily interpret the acts of same.

While when Mashiach comes, this will all be internally known.
Gd-willing, the Mashiach will come in our lifetimes!

there is not a word in the NT that can CREDIBLY be
attributed to Jesus that amounts to PROSELYTIZING
to jews
Constantly. He and the Pharisees were at it constantly. His proselytizing drew hordes of Jews. He taught and taught and taught a new covenant.
HEBREWS 6:8 <<<< as in HEBREWS: But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises

pros·e·lyt·ize:
convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.

He offered them a better covenant to replace the Law. They didn't want to hear it. He preferred Love over Law and they didn't like that either.

I know Revelation pretty well. I don't recall John writing anything of the sort. John wrote Revelation during the Roman persecution of Christians. He used the literary form of apocalyptic literature that was common at that time among Jews. It contained Biblical references Jews would understand but would go right over the heads of the Roman persecutors. He was reminding his readers of well-known persecution of the Jews where God came through victorious, and that God would be victorious over the Roman persecutions.

Just a guess, but are you speaking of the Lake of Fire or the Birds that Fly in mid Heaven? John uses the same imagery as Ezekiel did about Gog and Magog. He also uses imagery from Daniel. John is picturing that same destruction to the forces of Rome who were persecuting Christians and forcing them into the worship of Caesar. As you know, no Jew would force anyone to worship Caesar.
I know John used phrases such as ”Jews are the children of the Devil” and other antisemitic comments.

As far as Revelation, it’s been a while since I read it - and about 10 years since a Christian told me all Jews (except 144,000) go to hell, so I will need to refresh my memory.

By the way, when I was in college, a professor gave me an underserved poor grade (which was a C), and when I questioned it, he screamed at me that I didn’t believe in the Gospels! Hello? I then had a review committee go over the situation, and right in front of the entire committee, he screeched it out in anger again! I tell you this so you understand just how extreme some of these far-right Christians can be when they come up against a Jew.

Constantly. He and the Pharisees were at it constantly. His proselytizing drew hordes of Jews. He taught and taught and taught a new covenant.
HEBREWS 6:8 <<<< as in HEBREWS: But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises

pros·e·lyt·ize:
convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.

He offered them a better covenant to replace the Law. They didn't want to hear it. He preferred Love over Law and they didn't like that either.
Yeah, those damn Jews! How dare they keep the Covenant.

And who says that what Jesus offered was ”superior”? That’s the Christian belief. Traditional Jews wanted, and still want, to maintain the Covenant, for all generations.

Sorry it rubs you the wrong way.

But not by all.
Actually, it's not true that it has been mutilated. The NT King James version is nearly the same as the original Greek translation of the Hebrew. And while a word may be mistranslated, none of the message has been lost. It is accurate with manuscripts that have been discovered by archeologists, and can be as trusted as the OT of Moses and the Prophet's.

pros·e·lyt·ize:

Jesus said NOTHING NEW----he quoted the most famous talmudist of his time----HILLEL---incessantly.
Hebrews was written and redacted in support of the
CANNONIZATION of SAINT CONSTANTINE---emperor of Rome-----Rome killed him----in order to
make Constantine an IMMORTAL----Rome could not
OWN UP. If lots of Jews hated Jesus---they would have KILLED HIM THEMSELVES -----you bought into a gigantic conspiracy theory. Any ideas on who murdered ELVIS?

As far as Revelation, it’s been a while since I read it - and about 10 years since a Christian told me all Jews (except 144,000) go to hell, so I will need to refresh my memory.
Then that particular Christian didn't understand John or what numbers can signify. The twelve tribes of Israel calls to mind completeness. Twelve multiplied twelve times (completeness multiplied by completeness) gives us the 144, with the thousand emphasizing that the people of God will be an extremely huge number.

Because you have a need for Jesus's teachings. Jesus believed that man could not save themselves being wrought in original sin and he took the sins of man from then on.

That being said, when Eve ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good/evil, she did not know sin, she was still in innocence before she ate it.

So, the house of Judah does not believe in original sin. We were innocent of sin. But Eve, after eating the apple had her eyes opened and realized that this is what G-d wanted, and so handed it to Adam, who still being innocent could not create a sin from within.
So, the house of Judah does not believe in original sin. We were innocent of sin. But Eve, after eating the apple had her eyes opened and realized that this is what G-d wanted, and so handed it to Adam, who still being innocent could not create a sin from within.
being that Jesus was a Rabbi who argued with the Pharisees and won his place.

despite your claim the exemplar was not a jew as by your contradiction that they believed in original sin which also is a fallacy - in fact by your post that would not have even been an issue till the 4th century. as all if true being jews at that time. ... no one believed in original sin.

the events of the 1st century were liberation theology, self determination - not dying for sins but becoming sinless as the true goal set and granted for immortality when the apple was chosen.

Actually, it's not true that it has been mutilated. The NT King James version is nearly the same as the original Greek translation of the Hebrew. And while a word may be mistranslated, none of the message has been lost. It is accurate with manuscripts that have been discovered by archeologists, and can be as trusted as the OT of Moses and the Prophet's.
to what "manuscripts" do you refer?-----they still
have not discovered a single word of Q. What "greek translation of the Hebrew"
Are you imagining that the Septuagint was written by some guy named John or Paul?

Then that particular Christian didn't understand John or what numbers can signify. The twelve tribes of Israel calls to mind completeness. Twelve multiplied twelve times (completeness multiplied by completeness) gives us the 144, with the thousand emphasizing that the people of God will be an extremely huge number.
Mazel tov---Meri-----you did a nice gematria --sorta

despite your claim the exemplar was not a jew as by your contradiction that they believed in original sin which also is a fallacy - in fact by your post that would not have even been an issue till the 4th century. as all if true being jews at that time. ... no one believed in original sin.

the events of the 1st century were liberation theology, self determination - not dying for sins but becoming sinless as the true goal set and granted for immortality when the apple was chosen.
Believe as you will.

No one is stopping you.

Forum List

Back