Could all Religions Come Together?

It is not clear to me AT ALL----that the "GOSPELS"
that made it into the NT reflected the actual writings
of the putative authors
We actually don’t know who the authors really were. There were at least 100.

Well, that’s a real kick in the pants! “Son of Gd” was just a metaphor, and billions of Christians have taken it literally, formed a new religion with teachings that engender hostility toward Jews, and we have paid the price for it for two millennia?
even MORE-----they got a MOTHER OF GOD---
actually a nice lawn ornament

You should try reading the New Testament. It's fascinating.
I read it-----even as a child. Nice little old ladies
handed out pocket sized copies with tiny writing
which-----when I was a kid, I had no problem
reading. Since that time my eyeballs have shortened. Most christians I have encountered
have not read it-----even less muslims have read the
koran. There is no way a person can come close
to knowing what the NT is all about without knowing
the situation of Judaism and Judea at that time and
the ROMAN POV

There‘s no mother of Gd! I don’t think even Christians think that. There was, however, a mother of Jesus.
poor girl----in the last trimester---her jerky hubby
plopped her on a donkey and schleped her to
Bethlehem all the way from the Galil hills

Jesus was arguing with other Jews about how to understand and apply the law in the way that God intended. They were all Jews raised under a compulsory literal observance of Mosaic law. Some listened some didn't. It wasn't about abandoning their religion it was about revealing truth.
you got a citation for that putative quarrel?

Yes, she does get a pass, not because she is Jewish, but because she is right. It is a historical fact that the Jewish people have been persecuted for millenia inspired by the teaching of your church.
That is not what she said.
I was the one that corrected her statement that the Jews have been persecuted for 2,000 years. (In order to blame my faith for their ills). That was incorrect. Ask Moses. Yet, I failed to hear her attacking the Egyptians.
And No, she does not get a pass. Sometimes when you ask for it, you get it. Respect for ones beliefs works both ways.

Well you just said the writers of the Gospels were Jews. But they believed the son of Gd stuff. So now you are admitting that they WERE not Jews.
Christians believe that Jews who follow Christ are Messianic Jews, as in Jews... The writers of the New Testament were Jews. Except for Luke who was a Gentile physician. And the Jewish writers had differences of opinions about how much of Jewish tradition should be kept, and what should be discarded, circumcision being one point of contention.
They were Jews born and raised that followed Christ. And had no reason to debase other Jews...

Last edited:
Oh please. They were an early form of Jews for Jesus. Not fooling anyone. NOT Jews.
Now you have moved on to hatred of Messianic Jews? Were you chased by them too?
They are JEWS that believe that JESUS is their MESSIAH. Jews that don't regard your beliefs as concrete. God likes them. He's going to send 144,000 of them to the JEWS during the Tribulation...
He must see some value in them. Maybe he's trying to fool you...

By the year 325, there were an estimated 7 million Christians. They slaughtered about 2 million of them. Christians are still being murdered at a rate of over 100,000. a year.

really, were they engaging in religious activity ...

1667954295560.png

as persecuting and victimizing the innocent - for not worshiping the c-bible.

could it have been payback time - ram.

We actually don’t know who the authors really were. There were at least 100.
Absolute fabrication to try to discredit Christianity. Not one bit of evidence to back it up.
Instead there is evidence to the contrary:

Even within the period that runs from c. A.D. 100-300 it is possible for paleographers to be more specific on the relative date of the papyrus manuscripts of the New Testament. For about sixty years now a tiny papyrus fragment of the Gospel of John has been the oldest "manuscript" of the New Testament. This manuscript (P52) has generally been dated to ca. A.D. 125. This fact alone proved that the original Gospel of John was written earlier, viz. in the first century A.D., as had always been upheld by conservative scholars.

We now have early and very early evidence for the text of the New Testament. A classified list of the most important manuscripts will make this clear. Numbers preceded by a P refer to papyri, the letters refer to parchment manuscripts.

ca. A.D. 200 250 300 350 450

Matthew P45 B Sin.
Mark P45 B Sin. A
Luke P4,P45,P75 B Sin. A
John P66 P45,P75 B Sin. A
Acts P45 B Sin. A
Romans-Hebrews P46 B Sin. A
James-Jude P72,B Sin. A
Apocalypse P47 Sin. A

As you can see, from the fourth century onwards the material base for establishing the text of the Greek New Testament is very good indeed. The manuscripts Sin. (Sinaiticus), A (Alexandrinus) and B (Vaticanus) are almost complete parchment manuscripts. With the help of the earlier papyrus manuscripts we have been able to establish that the text of these three great manuscripts is to a large extent reliable. The papyrus manuscript P75 was the latest to be published, but it showed a virtually identical text to manuscript B. This settled the vexed question whether we have in the parchment manuscripts of the fourth and fifth centuries a safe guide to the original text of the New Testament. We have.

Last edited:
really, were they engaging in religious activity ...

View attachment 722825

as persecuting and victimizing the innocent - for not worshiping the c-bible.

could it have been payback time - ram.
Not, could it have been, as in past tense. Christians are killed at the rate of about 10 a day. <present tense.
So, by your logic, should Christians kill about ten Italians a day to pay them back for their Roman Emperors? Can Jews kill X amount of Egyptians a day? Payback for slavery and all?

Last edited:
Not, could it have been, as in past tense. Christians are killed at the rate of about 10 a day. <present tense.
So, by your logic, should Christians kill about ten Italians a day to pay them back for their Roman Emperors? Can Jews kill X amount of Egyptians a day? Payback for slavery and all?

you're delusional ram -

the desert religions recorded histories are nothing but their endless trail of persecuition and victimization of the innocent - spilt innocent blood they have caused for their draconian books of forgeries and fallacies.

That is not what she said.
I was the one that corrected her statement that the Jews have been persecuted for 2,000 years. (In order to blame my faith for their ills). That was incorrect. Ask Moses. Yet, I failed to hear her attacking the Egyptians.
And No, she does not get a pass. Sometimes when you ask for it, you get it. Respect for ones beliefs works both ways.
Ram---you are disgusting and very ignorant.

I was not talking about history, I am talking about current events, and you did not answer my question. Should closing innocent Christians in their church and then burning it down be recipricated? Should Jews be allowed to kill 20 Germans a day? Payback?

Forum List

Back