Could all Religions Come Together?

I googled----no one had credible stats----you got
a citation?

the gospel writers---- none the gospels are extant--- were both jews and non jews. The NT was
compiled under the aegis of Constantine----
emperor of Rome who hated jews. The book
is Roman propaganda
The gospels were written long before Constantine.

I can read.
So, you can think of only one reason for the first Christians to blame Jews for murdering Jesus. (Well, at least you're not naive enough to say that they blamed the Romans for murdering him.) And that reason was to bully them into converting.

And your source is your ability to read.

I think I've synthesized your reasoning into a short paragraph, however rational it may be.

source for what? The NT was compiled and redacted by the Nicene council under the Aegis
of Constantine who happened to DESPISE jews---
especially Pharisees. You got the original writings
of Matthew or of Luke the greek who never met
Jesus?
Yup! That’s what these guys don’t get. They are quoting from the Gospels as though they’re the source for the truth. There’s a lot of leeway taken, and with an agenda.

That's something you'd have to take up with Lisa. She says they were all Christians.
She actually did not say that----but it is a moot
point-----none of the "gospels" is extant---just
the versions accepted by the NICENE Council

So, you can think of only one reason for the first Christians to blame Jews for murdering Jesus. (Well, at least you're not naive enough to say that they blamed the Romans for murdering him.) And that reason was to bully them into converting.

And your source is your ability to read.

I think I've synthesized your reasoning into a short paragraph, however rational it may be.
So why else would the Christians blame the Jews? I sure hope you aren’t implying it’s because they did. Even the pope some decades ago rejected that as a lie.

Oh, she said some of them were Jews?

Okay, maybe then she'll answer my question. Why would Jews have blame Jews for murdering Jesus?

The whole thing is shameful. When you think of all the harm that has been done to Jews as a result of what the Gospels said, I could throw up.

Okay, maybe then she'll answer my question. Why would Jews have blame Jews for murdering Jesus?
I already told you. The Christians who wrote the NT, saying Jesus was the son of Gd, and the way to the Father is through him, etc., etc., wanted sentiment to turn against Jews so they would convert.

None of them were practicing Jews as far as I’m concerned.

The gospels were written long before Constantine.
You got the originals? or even the copies USED
in the compilation of the NT by the Nicene council?
Just what and where are the earliest writings---ie BEFORE CONSTANTINE. I am confident that
there are some

It is her self portrait, and it gets real old real quick.
But only one is accountable here? Does she get a pass?

Yes, she does get a pass, not because she is Jewish, but because she is right. It is a historical fact that the Jewish people have been persecuted for millenia inspired by the teaching of your church.

If you don't believe me you can look it up.

When your facade of civility crumbled, anti semitism, your true feelings, spewed out of your mind.

Last edited:

some of what were jews? There were jews on the
Nicene council ----OR some of the writers of the
Putative "gospels" were jews?

So why else would the Christians blame the Jews?
Because they believed it was true. Whether from witnessing or hearsay or historical markers or whatever (or my personal favorite - guidance from the Holy Spirit, as Jesus promised), that's what they recorded. They recorded the truth as they knew it.

And not all the Jews were guilty, of course. Only the hypocrites, the brood of vipers, the blind guides, the dead men's bones, and the like. Those who proclaimed Caesar rather than God as their king. The temple authority and the keepers of the Law. The Pharisees, their scribes, the elders, the chief priests, those who perverted Moses and preached an erroneous doctrine.

I already told you. The Christians who wrote the NT, saying Jesus was the son of Gd, and the way to the Father is through him, etc., etc., wanted sentiment to turn against Jews so they would convert.

None of them were practicing Jews as far as I’m concerned.
That's what I thought you said. They were all Christians.

You should tell Rosie; I don't think she's following along.

Yes, she does get a pass, not because she is Jewish, but because she is right. It is a historical fact that the Jewish people have been persecuted for millenia inspired by the teaching of your church.

If you don't believe me you can look it up.
Thank you. What some of these Christians don’t get is that we don’t hate Jesus, as I’ve been accused of in this thread multiple times by those influenced by the teaching of their church.

The problem came about after Jesus, and what has been said by the writers of the Gospels. Jews have been paying the price for that for 2000 years. Jesus never intended to start a new religion, nor would he have wanted all this antisemitism heaped upon his people.

(Just about every Jew I know - of a certain age - has had the words “Christ Killer!” thrown in their face when they were a kid.)

tell me what? It is clear that none of them were
practicing jews
On the contrary, the primitive Christians attended temple and abided the Law, as Jesus commanded, until their temple age ended.

It's understandable. Though they found resurrection in Christ, they struggled with giving up their old way of life.

Because they believed it was true. Whether from witnessing or hearsay or historical markers or whatever (or my personal favorite - guidance from the Holy Spirit, as Jesus promised), that's what they recorded. They recorded the truth as they knew it.

And not all the Jews were guilty, of course. Only the hypocrites, the brood of vipers, the blind guides, the dead men's bones, and the like. Those who proclaimed Caesar rather than God as their king. The temple authority and the keepers of the Law. The Pharisees, their scribes, the elders, the chief priests, those who perverted Moses and preached an erroneous doctrine.
Hyoocrites? Brood of vipers? Blind guides? That sounds like anti-Jew talk from the Gospels, written by men who wanted other Jews to abandon their religion.

Find me a RELIABLE source.

Thank you. What some of these Christians don’t get is that we don’t hate Jesus, as I’ve been accused of in this thread multiple times by those influenced by the teaching of their church.

The problem came about after Jesus, and what has been said by the writers of the Gospels. Jews have been paying the price for that for 2000 years. Jesus never intended to start a new religion, nor would he have wanted all this antisemitism heaped upon his people.

(Just about every Jew I know - of a certain age - has had the words “Christ Killer!” thrown in their face when they were a kid.)
the phenomenon of the "christ killer" thing that I find most disturbing is the AGE AT WHICH christian
kids employ it. Five or six year olds do not come up something like that on their own

Forum List

Back