Could you study Martial Arts three nights a week and not be able to defend yourself?

R

rdean

Witness describes Zimmerman's injuries, phone call to wife | Fox News

The final witness for the day was Lindzee Folgate, a physician's assistant who examined Zimmeman on the day after the shooting. She said that Zimmerman was taking MMA (mixed martial arts) lessons three days a week and that when she suggested that he see a psychologist, he mentioned that he was already seeing one.

I was reading Fox News and came across this interesting bit of news.

This is where Zimmerman said Martin had "jumped out from behind bushes".

video-zimmerman-reenact-articleLarge.jpg

George Zimmerman making a "gang sign".

george-zimmerman-reenactment-video.jpg

And look, this is a BIG guy studying martial arts and he was getting torn up by a super skinny 17 year old? Good thing he was able to remove the "safety" off the gun. Unless it was already off? Why else chase someone with a gun if you don't intend to use it?

r-GEORGE-ZIMMERMAN-large570.jpg

Looks like murder is a REALLY good way to lose weight.

120420095405_george-zimmerman3.jpeg

ghostwridah-skittlesicedtea.jpg

So can you really study Martial Arts three nights a week and the only thing you learned is "I've fallen and I can't get up"?

De la Rionda asks about Zimmerman seeing a psychologist. She says he was already established with a psychologist.
De la Rionda asks about the MMA exercise.
O’Mara objects to being outside the scope.
The attorneys approach for a side bar.

She says she also suggested him seeing a psychological consult and that he was already seeing a psychologist.

She says she doesn’t remember an injury on Zimmerman’s chin.

George Zimmerman Trial Day 15: Live Updates | News 13

So can you really study Martial Arts three nights a week and the only thing you learned is "I've fallen and I can't get up"?
Yeah, I think so.

There are plenty of strip mall martial arts studios that aren't really teaching much of anything useful, you walk by and see 11 year old girls wearing black belts. How long had he been Zimmerman been taking it? A month? Three months?

I don't know if he's innocent or guilty, but I sure as hell wouldn't take the fact someone is taking martial arts lessons as some verifiable proof that he can't get his ass kicked. Anything can happen in a fight.

I put my kid in kick boxing, after that he never had any problems with bullies in school.
I took Olympic wrestling and never had problems with bullies again.

damn dean, just when I thought you couldn't be dummer.

practice doesn't mean you're any fucking good.

and "gang sign"?

retard, he's either pointing or using a surfers hand sign for laid back.

damn dean, just when I thought you couldn't be dummer.

practice doesn't mean you're any fucking good.

and "gang sign"?

retard, he's either pointing or using a surfers hand sign for laid back.

Actually, he was pointing at the two bushes he said Martin was hiding behind. One was over there about a block away and the other was over there about half a block away.

Yeah, I think so.

There are plenty of strip mall martial arts studios that aren't really teaching much of anything useful, you walk by and see 11 year old girls wearing black belts. How long had he been Zimmerman been taking it? A month? Three months?

I don't know if he's innocent or guilty, but I sure as hell wouldn't take the fact someone is taking martial arts lessons as some verifiable proof that he can't get his ass kicked. Anything can happen in a fight.

Three nights a week and he's too fucking stupid to know he isn't learning anything? A man that old?

FAIL!

Try again.

You can't bring back Trayvon. Give it up for Chrissakes.
Why you go hatin' on Zimmie?

Yeah, I think so.

Three nights a week and he's too fucking stupid to know he isn't learning anything? A man that old?

FAIL!

Try again.
You obviously don't know much about this subject, but you aren't going to learn shit without spending a year or two doing it, and that's assuming you have a good instructor.

Three nights a week and he's too fucking stupid to know he isn't learning anything?
He can be learning things, yet not nearly enough to guarantee he'll win every fight he picks. When you walk by one of those suburban mcdojos and see all the people thru the window going thru whatever motions they go thru, do you really think to yourself that every one of them could beat up whoever they choose since they are taking that class?

So let me ask you again... how long had he been taking the classes? You seem to think he was practically Chuck Norris, surely you know how long he'd been at it.

And look, this is a BIG guy studying martial arts and he was getting torn up by a super skinny 17 year old?

Uhh...Zimmerman doesn't look big or tall, to me. I thought I would check it out though, and came upon this. Also Trevor Martin, stood 6'3" tall.....:eek:

George Zimmerman has gained 110 pounds since the shooting, when he described himself as 5 feet, 8 inches tall and 194 pounds.

Read more: George Zimmerman gains more than 100 pounds since fatally shooting Trayvon Martin* - NY Daily News

And look, this is a BIG guy studying martial arts and he was getting torn up by a super skinny 17 year old?

Uhh...Zimmerman doesn't look big or tall, to me. I thought I would check it out though, and came upon this. Also Trevor Martin, stood 6'3" tall.....:eek:

George Zimmerman has gained 110 pounds since the shooting, when he described himself as 5 feet, 8 inches tall and 194 pounds.

Read more: George Zimmerman gains more than 100 pounds since fatally shooting Trayvon Martin* - NY Daily News

George Zimmerman weighs 170#; Trayvon Martin 160# - Charleston Charleston Conservative

The police put Martin at 6' and 160 lbs and Zimmerman at 5'9" and 170.

And I haven't seen a single picture of Martin where he didn't look super skinny. The numbers came from the police. And they had Trayvon's body in the back room for three days. I'm sure they measured it at least once just to see what was "bagged". Imagine a white guy sitting in the back with a cell phone and student ID. Just kidding. You can't. It would never happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
The left seems to have a lot riding on this trial. Thanks to Media Matters they are up to the moment on every detail. Is Van Jones waiting with a little army of OWS looters and arsonists if the verdict doesn't turn out the way they want it? It wouldn't be the first time.

Yeah, I think so.

FAIL!

Try again.
You obviously don't know much about this subject, but you aren't going to learn shit without spending a year or two doing it, and that's assuming you have a good instructor.

You need to spend two years learning something before you figure out if you learned anything? Not me.

even-joe-and-summer-laughing-at-you.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The left seems to have a lot riding on this trial. Thanks to Media Matters they are up to the moment on every detail. Is Van Jones waiting with a little army of OWS looters and arsonists if the verdict doesn't turn out the way they want it? It wouldn't be the first time.

black-loots-white-finds.jpg

The photo of 5'8" 170 to 190 lbs., George Zimmerman, before the 100 lb. weight gain awaiting trial.

When it's their turn, the defense should ask the judge to dismiss the case. If he won't they should rest and not present a case because the Prosecution is just a waste of taxpayer money

You need to spend two years learning something before you figure out if you learned anything? Not me.
If you are naive enough to believe everyone who takes martial arts classes will handily win every fight they get in I'd put no limit to what things in life you can't figure out.

So I'll ask a third time, how long was he taking his martial arts classes?

FAIL!

Try again.

even-joe-and-summer-laughing-at-you.jpg

6%?

The Onion?

Dems say unemployment stimulates the economy....and I proved it

Forum List

Back