Couple has a 1400 lb Kodiak bear as a pet.

They live in a place I like to call "Darwin's waiting room"
Agreed. After watching that documentary it was difficult to say this man did not have a death wish. He purposely put himself in positions that any intelligent human being would consider suicidal. I spent just a few days in the presence of kodiaks and all of it was with experienced folks. Rule number one, no interactions. If they don't know you're there, perfect. If they know you're there and don't care, less perfect. If you're there and they don't like it......

I don't know anything about animal behavior but I believe there's a difference between the guy who ventured into the wilderness and confronted wild bears and the couple that's raised the bear since a cub. There's a bond between them and they're supplying it 30-some pounds of food daily, so it's not like the bear's gonna attack them looking for a meal.

I don't know anything about animal behavior but I believe there's a difference between the guy who ventured into the wilderness and confronted wild bears and the couple that's raised the bear since a cub. There's a bond between them and they're supplying it 30-some pounds of food daily, so it's not like the bear's gonna attack them looking for a meal.
----------------------------------- bear might attack simply because he is a bear . I don't know , good luck to the owners .

It does not make sense to have a pet that can eat you anytime it wants to.

To wit:

- bear

- lion

- tiger

- wolf

- pit bull

- German shepherd

The bear could kill him in a second.... :wink:
That's true of every big dog I've ever owned, including the police dog I have right now.
All the police dogs (K9's) that I have ever known as neighbors have been very obedient to their cop masters.

And all they are trained to do is grab an arm anyway, not kill and eat you.

Pit bulls on the other hand when they go nutz will kill and eat you.

The bear could kill him in a second.... :wink:
That's true of every big dog I've ever owned, including the police dog I have right now.
All the police dogs (K9's) that I have ever known as neighbors have been very obedient to their cop masters.

And all they are trained to do is grab an arm anyway, not kill and eat you.

Pit bulls on the other hand when they go nutz will kill and eat you.
Every pit bull I've ever met was the nicest dog you could ask for.

In fact, the wimpiest dog I have ever known was a pit bull.

My dog is also the nicest dog. He's a Velcro dog. But if he ever got it in his head to eat someone, there'd be no stopping him. And he would eat you if you were a threat to my kids.

Then he'd dig a hole, shit you into it, and bury you. :D

"I guess I wasted my money on this gun!"

Every pit bull I've ever met was the nicest dog you could ask for.

In fact, the wimpiest dog I have ever known was a pit bull.

My dog is also the nicest dog. He's a Velcro dog. But if he ever got it in his head to eat someone, there'd be no stopping him. And he would eat you if you were a threat to my kids.

Then he'd dig a hole, shit you into it, and bury you. :D

"I guess I wasted my money on this gun!"

My Dingo weighs about 45 pounds, not a big dog. Several years ago when she was younger, the people across the street got a pitbull.that they named Meathead (Carne Cabasa) They were a bit abusive, sadly. This was a really sweet and good natured dog, who grew to be about a 130 pounds. Now the Dingo could clear an 8 foot fence from a standstill. She went where she wanted when she wanted, she's getting older now and doesn't roam the way she did, but back then there was no way to confine her.

Anyway, one night I woke up to hear gawdaweful yipping and got up to find the Dingo chasing this dog down the street, his tail between his legs screaming in sheer terror - from a dog a third his size. All she did was drive him back to his yard, he had escaped and was running the streets. But that pit was absolutely a wimp to get pushed around like that from a dog so much smaller. OTH, that Dingo is insanely nimble, small but lightning quick.

Forum List

Back