Court awards 4.6 million because she was stuck w/ hypo needle she picked up in a Target parking lot

You mean the woman's negligence in picking up a needle without protection ?

Is that negligence?

Yes.

So negligence should be 50/50.

Did Target knowingly put the needle there ?

Did she knowingly attempt to pick it up ?

Not sure what you mean by 50/50.

If you listen to JoeB131 (a.k.a. JoeBitter), it's all Target's fault and they should pay her 10 million dollars.

Not because they are negligent, but because he hates big corporations.

Target didn't put the needle there. But they do have an obligation to make their parking lot safe.

Where is that written..and who defines safe.

Oh, I know....we'll just have Valet Parking.

Pick up your parking lot or pay...good for her.

What if they lease the parking lot from some guy who is just trying to get by.

That way they don't have to worry about that.

Then this woman sues some small business owner because of a needle.

You guys live on some other planet.

If you listen to JoeB131 (a.k.a. JoeBitter), it's all Target's fault and they should pay her 10 million dollars.

Target didn't put the needle there. But they do have an obligation to make their parking lot safe.

Established case law...HELLO! Example: If you maintain a parking lot on a nightly basis and have no issues, then cut back to three days per week and have issues, and cause damage, you can be liable.

Established case law...HELLO! Example: If you maintain a parking lot on a nightly basis and have no issues, then cut back to three days per week and have issues, and cause damage, you can be liable.

Was there case law about picking up a needle and being stupid enough to stick yourself with it ?

There is also personal responsibility involved here. It could be argued that the Mother has more control over her daughters actions than Target has over every inch of parking lot. Was this a small child? I'm not sure from the article but, if it was, the mother needed to take her by the hand.

I always do immediately , with my six year old when we first get out of the car and start walking, other wise they can take off running and can get hit by someone backing up their car, or pick up a needle.

In civil cases like this there is often a % of responsibility. At least part of this should be her's

Nah just like to see the little guy get ahead. Target owns the lot...now pay up.

That sounds nice, to be in favor of the little guy, but the attorney is raking in the money and most likely came up with the award amount for selfish reasons. This may also set some sort of precident in future cases, and the next
parking lot owners may be put out of business.

The award amount seems grossly out of balance, was the woman permantly disabled? the leap from several thousand dollars to several million is out of line unless this woman is crippled now

Nah just like to see the little guy get ahead. Target owns the lot...now pay up.

That sounds nice, to be in favor of the little guy, but the attorney is raking in the money and most likely came up with the award amount for selfish reasons. This may also set some sort of precident in future cases, and the next
parking lot owners may be put out of business.

The award amount seems grossly out of balance, was the woman permantly disabled? the leap from several thousand dollars to several million is out of line unless this woman is crippled now
Hopefully it will keep happening. I'd like to think that someone, somewhere has a cloth effigy of a Target store and keeps suing it. That would be so pimp.

Yeah....I do find it hard to have sympathy for Target after their accommodation for pedos dressed as women move.
I'm personally pissed off. I can't stop my wife from taking our kids into that perv palace, her opinion is different than mine. That means my kids are exposed to the danger of pedo pervs who have taken notice that at Target, it's open season on children. Yeah, I hope numerous and terrible things will happen to those stores, corporate headquarters, and all the corporate pedophiles involved in the decision to give their fellow pedos better access to children.

Yeah....I do find it hard to have sympathy for Target after their accommodation for pedos dressed as women move.
I'm personally pissed off. I can't stop my wife from taking our kids into that perv palace, her opinion is different than mine. That means my kids are exposed to the danger of pedo pervs who have taken notice that at Target, it's open season on children. Yeah, I hope numerous and terrible things will happen to those stores, corporate headquarters, and all the corporate pedophiles involved in the decision to give their fellow pedos better access to children.
They deserve to be sued out of business just for that alone.

With that kind of knee-jerk reaction, all the department stores will be sued out of business, and we can move on and happily live in the Dark Ages or in a time even before that. :badgrin:

With that kind of knee-jerk reaction, all the department stores will be sued out of business, and we can move on and happily live in the Dark Ages or in a time even before that. :badgrin:
Yeah, when Pedo Land goes out of business, nobody will have any place to shop and the economy will collapse.

Idiot.

That's probably one of the biggest leaps I've ever seen one try to make. If Walmart and Target went out of business, some other corporations would just fill the void afterwards. We would not be living in the dark ages if either went out of business.

That's probably one of the biggest leaps I've ever seen one try to make. If Walmart and Target went out of business, some other corporations would just fill the void afterwards. We would not be living in the dark ages if either went out of business.
Static thinking. It's a Leftist trait.

Was there case law about picking up a needle and being stupid enough to stick yourself with it ?

That would be creating a hazard.

Forum List

Back