Court awards 4.6 million because she was stuck w/ hypo needle she picked up in a Target parking lot

Did Target knowingly put the needle there ?

Did she knowingly attempt to pick it up ?

Not sure what you mean by 50/50.

If you listen to JoeB131 (a.k.a. JoeBitter), it's all Target's fault and they should pay her 10 million dollars.

Not because they are negligent, but because he hates big corporations.

Target didn't put the needle there. But they do have an obligation to make their parking lot safe.

Where is that written..and who defines safe.

Oh, I know....we'll just have Valet Parking.

Established case law...HELLO! Example: If you maintain a parking lot on a nightly basis and have no issues, then cut back to three days per week and have issues, and cause damage, you can be liable.

Was there case law about picking up a needle and being stupid enough to stick yourself with it ?

That would be creating a hazard.

Please don't drink and post.

All the government has to do is sweep the streets

How do you know Target doesn't sweep the lot? There are 24 hours in a day I suppose you think the lot should be swept once a minute right?

If you're stupid enough to pick up a syringe off the ground it's your own fault if you get stuck by it

Does a government entity have the same liability as the private business?

While I think that the award is excessive, and probably will be reduced, there has to be some question whether the business made an effort and failed, or more importantly, reduced an effort which caused the incident. ie; sweeping.

Why not?

If it is indeed negligence to leave an object lying on the ground and if the owner of that ground is the one held liable for that negligence then both are equally guilty

Or is it as I say that the one negligent enough to pick up an object responsible if they then injure themselves with it?

If the owner of the property also owns every object on that property Is the person who picks up an object from private property without permission of the owner guilty of stealing?

And the incident was caused by the person who left the needle. IOW the one who committed the crime of the illegal disposal medical waste

The Malignant Narcissist is so sad a big corporation had to pay a little person something.

The corporation did absolutely nothing wrong

People are responsible for their own stupidity.

If someone has to tell you not to pick up a sharp potentially dangerous object off the ground then you're too fucking stupid to be outside

How do you know the corporation did nothing wrong?

You think the corporation left the syringe in the parking lot?

If someone has to tell you not to pick up a sharp potentially dangerous object off the ground then you're too fucking stupid to be outside

Uh, it was an 8 year old who picked it up. I don't expect 8 year olds to show judgement.

If you listen to JoeB131 (a.k.a. JoeBitter), it's all Target's fault and they should pay her 10 million dollars.

Actually, it was a jury of 12 Americans who decided that Target should pay 4.6 million. Do they all hate Big Corporations, too?

I'm personally pissed off. I can't stop my wife from taking our kids into that perv palace, her opinion is different than mine. That means my kids are exposed to the danger of pedo pervs who have taken notice that at Target, it's open season on children. Yeah, I hope numerous and terrible things will happen to those stores, corporate headquarters, and all the corporate pedophiles involved in the decision to give their fellow pedos better access to children.

Guy, you are a hard core Catholic idiot... kids have a much higher chance of running into a pervert at Church than at the Target.

Uh, it was an 8 year old who picked it up. I don't expect 8 year olds to show judgement.

Actually, it was a jury of 12 Americans who decided that Target should pay 4.6 million. Do they all hate Big Corporations, too?

Uh, was the 8 year old alone in the parking or or under parental supervision?

And a jury in a civil case does not have to come to a unanimous decision so it was only 7 losers like you who think nothing is their fault that decided that somehow Target was responsible for the junkie than threw a syringe on the ground

Republicans always find the most outrageous case & blast the media with the headlines to get voters to screw everyone out of their rights. But in reality it's much different just like the hot coffee burns at McDonald's. Republicans claimed the lady became a multimillionaire by spilling coffee, but the judge trimmed it down to only cover actual damages & legal fees..

This Target needle woman will not get anything except actual damages & legal fees.

Target spokeswoman Erika Winkels said "The final damages award has not yet been determined by the Court,"... "Target is currently considering post-trial motions and appeal options."

Last edited:
I'm personally pissed off. I can't stop my wife from taking our kids into that perv palace, her opinion is different than mine. That means my kids are exposed to the danger of pedo pervs who have taken notice that at Target, it's open season on children. Yeah, I hope numerous and terrible things will happen to those stores, corporate headquarters, and all the corporate pedophiles involved in the decision to give their fellow pedos better access to children.

Guy, you are a hard core Catholic idiot... kids have a much higher chance of running into a pervert at Church than at the Target.
You're an idiot if you believe that.

Those were 12 patriots in my book.

Dude, if you are 8 years old and dumb enough to pick any sharp object and stick yourself with it, let alone a used syringe....well your parents shouldn't get a fat settlement in court.... You should be taken away from your parents because obviously they are too stupid to be parents. Hell, I was told in 3rd or 4th grade not to pick up used syringes, our whole class was. But it should be common sense not to stick yourself with a used syringe...FFS....even for an 8 year old.

They very well could.

Attorney's pick the jury and they look for the right people to have on it.

An attorney told me once that before on-line banking.....if you were suing a bank....you wanted 12 housewives on the jury.

Sure win.

They very well could.

An attorney told me once that before on-line banking.....if you were suing a bank....you wanted 12 housewives on the jury.

Sure win.
Attorney's can be some of the scummiest people on earth.

And a jury in a civil case does not have to come to a unanimous decision so it was only 7 losers like you who think nothing is their fault that decided that somehow Target was responsible for the junkie than threw a syringe on the ground

I would say given the fact the penalty was so large tells me that that the jury probably was unanimous on Target's negligence.

Guy, I grew up Catholic... we knew the priests were all a bunch of creepy pervs and you didn't want to be alone in a room with one of them.

I would say given the fact the penalty was so large tells me that that the jury probably was unanimous on Target's negligence.

Guy, I grew up Catholic... we knew the priests were all a bunch of creepy pervs and you didn't want to be alone in a room with one of them.
Do you actually say 'Guy' before every sentence in real life?

They very well could.

Sure win.

Then Target was pretty stupid to not settle for $12,000 when she asked for that.

Republicans always find the most outrageous case & blast the media with the headlines to get voters to screw everyone out of their rights. But in reality it's much different just like the hot coffee burns at McDonald's. Republicans claimed the lady became a multimillionaire by spilling coffee, but the judge trimmed it down to only cover actual damages & legal fees..

This Target needle woman will not get anything except actual damages & legal fees.

They also leave out key bits of the story. Like in the case of the Coffee Lady, she demonstrated that dozens of people were burned by McDonald's coffee, and McD ignored years of complaints that their coffee was too hot.

I suspect if we got the transcripts of this trial, we are going to find out that Target had years of complaints about Junkies congregating in their parking lot, and failed to either roust them out or clean up after them.

You're full of shit. Child abuse was no more prevalent among priests than any other profession. I don't believe you.

This is why your judicial system is broken. Hey, how about the stupid girl not pick up the needle? That's a good fucking start.

We're more responsible for making those pay their bills.

Tell us what country you are from so we can peruse your tort laws.

Forum List

Back