Court awards 4.6 million because she was stuck w/ hypo needle she picked up in a Target parking lot

The negligence was the person who picked up the needle

If that had happened on a public street the fucking government wouldn't have had to pay a fucking dime

So what's your point? The government spends billions of dollars trying to control the drug problem.

All Target had to do was sweep the parking lot.

All the government has to do is sweep the streets

How do you know Target doesn't sweep the lot? There are 24 hours in a day I suppose you think the lot should be swept once a minute right?

If you're stupid enough to pick up a syringe off the ground it's your own fault if you get stuck by it

Does a government entity have the same liability as the private business?

While I think that the award is excessive, and probably will be reduced, there has to be some question whether the business made an effort and failed, or more importantly, reduced an effort which caused the incident. ie; sweeping.

Why not?

If it is indeed negligence to leave an object lying on the ground and if the owner of that ground is the one held liable for that negligence then both are equally guilty

Or is it as I say that the one negligent enough to pick up an object responsible if they then injure themselves with it?

If the owner of the property also owns every object on that property Is the person who picks up an object from private property without permission of the owner guilty of stealing?

And the incident was caused by the person who left the needle. IOW the one who committed the crime of the illegal disposal medical waste

frivilouse? hot coffee dumped in lap.....millions. FOX beeatchs' stay 14 YEARS under torturous un-workable Sexual Harrassment conditons walk away later with millions?
I think I am going to blow a gasket. Something is happening. medicine. I need medicine.

Last edited:
The reason why rape victims don't get awards is because rapists usually don't have any money left after they've been convicted.

So a big corporation tries to push around a working person by not taking responsibility for its own negligence, and a jury of working people punish them for doing so.

Why is this a bad thing again? I promise you, Target will appeal and then settle this out of court for a lot less, and t hen they will make damned sure their parking lots are clean.
government should make us buy rape insurance. Every single male between the ages of puberty and depends should be required by law to have a policy.

Do you intend on committing rape?
nope.
But the majority of gun owners don't intend on killing people either, but the left was toying with the idea of gun insurance.
I figure that being in possession of a gun is just as bad as being in possession of a dick. Either way you have the ability to do wrong with it.

Whats wrong with insurance to cover a loss caused by negligence?

You mean the woman's negligence in picking up a needle without protection ?

Nope. Frivolous lawsuits and ensuing increases in layers of malpractice insurance health care providers are forced into.
If you are old enough you would notice the increase in paperwork patients have to fill out compared to just thirty years ago.

yet 90,000 Americans die every year due to the negligence of health care providers.

And,, yes, when you hear the horror stories about the guy who gets the wrong leg chopped off or the woman who had both breasts removed because a mistake at the lab, I'm kind of glad they are filling out extra paperwork to avoid a mistake, aren't you?

Except they are not avoiding the mistakes.

Geez I guess when I dropped that manhole cover on my finger I should have sued somebody? hardy har har....

don't pick it up if you don't intend to use it, eat it or move it. AND wear gloves. not my worry, I got enough. call OSHA.

If that had happened on a public street the fucking government wouldn't have had to pay a fucking dime

So what's your point? The government spends billions of dollars trying to control the drug problem.

How do you know Target doesn't sweep the lot? There are 24 hours in a day I suppose you think the lot should be swept once a minute right?

If you're stupid enough to pick up a syringe off the ground it's your own fault if you get stuck by it

While I think that the award is excessive, and probably will be reduced, there has to be some question whether the business made an effort and failed, or more importantly, reduced an effort which caused the incident. ie; sweeping.

Why not?

If it is indeed negligence to leave an object lying on the ground and if the owner of that ground is the one held liable for that negligence then both are equally guilty

Or is it as I say that the one negligent enough to pick up an object responsible if they then injure themselves with it?

If the owner of the property also owns every object on that property Is the person who picks up an object from private property without permission of the owner guilty of stealing?

And the incident was caused by the person who left the needle. IOW the one who committed the crime of the illegal disposal medical waste
It's the only time I've ever seen Leftists come out against frivolous lawsuits.

Oh wait, we're talking about Target. Makes sense now.

Nope. Frivolous lawsuits and ensuing increases in layers of malpractice insurance health care providers are forced into.
If you are old enough you would notice the increase in paperwork patients have to fill out compared to just thirty years ago.

yet 90,000 Americans die every year due to the negligence of health care providers.

And,, yes, when you hear the horror stories about the guy who gets the wrong leg chopped off or the woman who had both breasts removed because a mistake at the lab, I'm kind of glad they are filling out extra paperwork to avoid a mistake, aren't you?
You're talking about anomalous, legit malpractice. I'm talking about the ubiquitous, frivolous lawsuits like the one in this thread. The frivolous drive up the costs.

Why not?

Isn't there a limit on liability if the liable party is a public entity?

The reason why rape victims don't get awards is because rapists usually don't have any money left after they've been convicted.

So a big corporation tries to push around a working person by not taking responsibility for its own negligence, and a jury of working people punish them for doing so.

Why is this a bad thing again? I promise you, Target will appeal and then settle this out of court for a lot less, and t hen they will make damned sure their parking lots are clean.
government should make us buy rape insurance. Every single male between the ages of puberty and depends should be required by law to have a policy.

nope.
But the majority of gun owners don't intend on killing people either, but the left was toying with the idea of gun insurance.
I figure that being in possession of a gun is just as bad as being in possession of a dick. Either way you have the ability to do wrong with it.

Is that negligence?

Geez I guess when I dropped that manhole cover on my finger I should have sued somebody? hardy har har....

don't pick it up if you don't intend to use it, eat it or move it. AND wear gloves. not my worry, I got enough. call OSHA.

Your employer not train you well enough?

Why not?

I'm not a leftist, I'm a capitalist racketeer.

Why not?

Isn't there a limit on liability if the liable party is a public entity?

No

Why not?

The Malignant Narcissist is so sad a big corporation had to pay a little person something.

Why not?

The Malignant Narcissist is so sad a big corporation had to pay a little person something.

The corporation did absolutely nothing wrong

People are responsible for their own stupidity.

If someone has to tell you not to pick up a sharp potentially dangerous object off the ground then you're too fucking stupid to be outside

nope.

Is that negligence?

Yes.

Why not?

I'm not a leftist, I'm a capitalist racketeer.
And strangely, my post was addressed to skull pilot.

Why not?

The corporation did absolutely nothing wrong

People are responsible for their own stupidity.

If someone has to tell you not to pick up a sharp potentially dangerous object off the ground then you're too fucking stupid to be outside

How do you know the corporation did nothing wrong?

nope.

Is that negligence?

Yes.

So negligence should be 50/50.

nope.

Is that negligence?

Yes.

Did Target knowingly put the needle there ?

Did she knowingly attempt to pick it up ?

Not sure what you mean by 50/50.

If you listen to JoeB131 (a.k.a. JoeBitter), it's all Target's fault and they should pay her 10 million dollars.

Not because they are negligent, but because he hates big corporations.

Is that negligence?

Yes.

Did Target knowingly put the needle there ?

Did she knowingly attempt to pick it up ?

Not sure what you mean by 50/50.

If you listen to JoeB131 (a.k.a. JoeBitter), it's all Target's fault and they should pay her 10 million dollars.

Not because they are negligent, but because he hates big corporations.

Target didn't put the needle there. But they do have an obligation to make their parking lot safe.

Forum List

Back