Court: Catholic school must hire 'gay' man

I wonder how many divorced and/or abortion supporting people who had pre-marital sex they employ.
Not very many in a Catholic school.

Do they ask about such things during the interview? :wtf:
Catholics don't believe in divorce and abortions. Ask a priest. However they probably don't ask non-Catholics about such matters.
My Catholic high school employed a gay teacher, who I believe is still there. She was/is very highly regarded among students and staff. The school is among the best in the state. They also employ people from housing programs as part of the support staff and never preached hatred in the 4 years that I was there.

I guess it's not conservative enough for some "Christians."

Apparently they taught you that being a fag is OK according to the Bible. That was about as hateful as one can get.

I wonder how many divorced and/or abortion supporting people who had pre-marital sex they employ.

Catholics don't believe in divorce and abortions. Ask a priest. However they probably don't ask non-Catholics about such matters.
My Catholic high school employed a gay teacher, who I believe is still there. She was/is very highly regarded among students and staff. The school is among the best in the state. They also employ people from housing programs as part of the support staff and never preached hatred in the 4 years that I was there.

How do/ did you know her sexual orientation?

She was just one of the guys if you know what I mean.

One of our Priests presided over her wedding.

I'm not a Christian, but then again I don't have any commerce with sword swallowers.

One of our Priests presided over her wedding.
Really?

Are Muslim schools forced to hire gay men?
They would be if this same case was brought against them, you fucking victim.
Huh? Wow, that's a little OTT there. Keep your flaming hair on. Lol.
Wah Muslims get special treatment waaaaaah. Meanwhile a frontrunner candidate and an entire major political party is literally talking about creating a Muslim registry, survelling Mosques, banning Muslim immigration and instituting a religious benchmark for immigration... but waaaaaah I bet Muslim's don't have to hire gay people WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Sure they would. If you believe that, you're an idiot.
Cry your impotent tears you pathetic victim

The only pathetic one is the person who thinks being homosexual is OK. That's you freak.
You lost bitch. Sucks for you. Welcome to the 21st century.

Wah Muslims get special treatment waaaaaah. Meanwhile a frontrunner candidate and an entire major political party is literally talking about creating a Muslim registry, survelling Mosques, banning Muslim immigration and instituting a religious benchmark for immigration... but waaaaaah I bet Muslim's don't have to hire gay people WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

If you like Muslims so much, take them into your home. Let's hope one of them is a terrorist that kills your family members.

The only pathetic one is the person who thinks being homosexual is OK. That's you freak.

I didn't lose a thing freak. I don't think it's OK. That five Liberal justices do doesn't make what you believe a win. It makes those 5 just more losers on the list.

If you like Muslims so much, take them into your home. Let's hope one of them is a terrorist that kills your family members.
Thanks for confirming you are not a Christian.

Question: If this Catholic school were to hire another for a position in the cafeteria or a janitor and they discovered he is living with another man’s wife and also has posted S&M pictures of himself on a social network, does this school have the right to refuse him employment?

Apparently not. Not if they initially offered him the position. Which makes no sense to me because we all know such discrimination takes place routinely for not offering someone a job.

================================================

Court: Catholic school must hire 'gay' man

A Boston state court issued a “first of its kind” ruling in an attempt to force a Catholic school to hire a homosexual man.

Superior Court Associate Justice Douglas Wilkins’ decision on Wednesday orders Fontbonne Academy, a Catholic girls school, to hire a “gay” man. The judge said Fontbonne discriminated against plaintiff Matthew Barrett when officials rescinded a food service director position in 2013. Barrett was denied the job after school administrators realized he was in a same-sex union.

“On the undisputed facts, Barrett has shown he is a protected class, that he was qualified (and even received an offer) for the position of Food Service Director, that he suffered denial of employment, that the reason for the denial was his sexual orientation and that he suffered harm as a result,” the judge wrote. “This proves sexual-orientation discrimination as a matter of law on the undisputed facts.”

Barrett’s lawyers from Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders cheered Wilkins’ ruling as the “first of its kind in the country,” Buzzfeed reported Thursday.

Wilkins said the school failed to show how hiring Barrett would constitute a “serious” burden to the institution before adding that certain freedoms of expression can be overridden when there are “compelling state interests.”

The conservative website National Review excoriated the judge for his ruling.“By that standard, expressive association becomes meaningless. After all, if a court can jam Christian employers with employees who don’t share their values – and then contend that the employers’ rights are protected if they’re still free to complain about it – then the floodgates are open,” the magazine wrote Friday.

National Review called the ruling “ominous” before quoting Reason magazine’s November issue: “Now that government discrimination is largely tamed, ‘gay’ activists are going after private behavior, using the government as a bludgeon.”

URL to article: Court: Catholic school must hire ‘gay’ man

I don't understand how that man being gay has anything to do with his ability to do his job.

I applaud the ruling and I hope it's upheld through our courts. We all know how the supreme court is going to rule. They have not ruled against homosexual people yet. I don't see it happening in this case either.

If that catholic school takes my tax dollars in the form of vouchers for their school or any federal money from the bush boy's faith based initiatives, then that catholic school should have to follow the same laws as everyone else.

Christian institutions should come into the 21st century and stop discriminating against people.

Our twin's school isn't Christian and they won't hire gays. It's not always religion

They won't be getting away with that for long

Private school. Their roof, their rules. Whether you find that policy agreeable or not is irrelevant.
Wrong.

Public accommodations laws apply to private entities, businesses and employers; this has nothing to do with the First Amendment or religious liberty, this has to do with states enacting public accommodations laws pursuant to Commerce Clause jurisprudence, and their desire to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation in the markets and the workplace.

This is a state court ruling on a matter concerning state law.

Telling how for many conservatives their bigotry and hatred of gay Americans overrides their wrongheaded advocacy of 'states' rights.'

Well, most of your rant is off topic, so I'll just disregard it. So you are saying Muslim schools in the US have been forced to employ gay men?

You're a real grump today.

Thanks for confirming you are not a Christian.

Thanks for confirming I was correct about you. You love those barbarians so much. Live with the results of what they do. I don't have a problem hoping it happens to those who think so highly of them. You shouldn't either since you do.

Well, most of your rant is off topic, so I'll just disregard it. So you are saying Muslim schools in the US have been forced to employ gay men?
Have Muslims won a lawsuit saying they don't have to?

You're a real grump today.
Says the gay and Muslim hating homo/xenophobe

Forum List

Back